(Topic ID: 108360)

WARNING: Mad Amusements (aka *pinballparts* on ebay)

By Powerzone

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 260 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210529-173857_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpg
    F1069115-3749-4A13-B1DD-77AB60CC122A (resized).jpeg
    Capture #368 - 'Bumper Action Amusements Australia owes 79 WOZ Games or refund! I Pinside Forum' - pinside_com_pinball_forum_top
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20161227_014012 (resized).png
    BoneyM-Bump2_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Mike_Ducker_(resized).JPG
    2016-01-19_20_26_54-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    2016-01-19_20_23_44-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Untitled_(resized).png
    image.jpg
    DSC_0311.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 21.
    #301 9 years ago

Curious to know... What kind of character is this ?

The people here that actually met him do not have nice things to say about him.

Not trying to get a profile but just curious to know what his manners are face to face....

Does he have a dominant attitude towards his customers at the pinball flea markets ?

Thanks
    Matt

#302 9 years ago
    Quoted from ibuypinballs:

I never had an issue, just placed an other order last night. Will let you know how it goes.

Aren't you the guy who also dissed me on another thread, without knowing anything about me?

Why yes, yes I think it was you.

#303 9 years ago

I maintain a list of pinball parts suppliers on my web site www.PinballHelp.com - I have had a link to Mad for awhile and my experience with them has been positive, but I cannot ignore the other peoples' complaints, as well as the nature of how he appears to be hiding his address and identity, so I've updated the list on my site to reflect the general consensus that it's sketchy at best ordering from them. I think we are too small and tight-knit a community to allow someone to exploit some of us just because of where they may live.

#304 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Good job supporting a liar and a thief. Nobody cares how your order goes. The man is scum and anyone that orders from him is also scum if they have read this thread and still want to do business with him.

Right on! Mike is a psychotic creep with no personality . . . and . . . apparently no brains or conscience either!!!

#305 9 years ago

Don't sugarcoat it...

3 weeks later
    #306 9 years ago

The Ocean County Department of Consumer Affairs does not answer me!

Maybe it is because my spelling?
    Or is there somethong specail I have to take care for it and I did not understand?

#307 9 years ago
    Quoted from Powerzone:

The Ocean County Department of Consumer Affairs does not answer me!
    Maybe it is because my spelling?
    Or is there somethong specail I have to take care for it and I did not understand?

Welcome to the world of local government in the US.

#308 9 years ago

Try mailing your forms to them by using Certified or Registered mail where they MUST sign for it and you have proof of delivery. If they see you go to this serious step, then they might take notice of your complaint. Do not give up!
    Mike in Kentucky

#309 9 years ago

I live 5 minutes from them. PM me if you need me to assist in any way.

#310 9 years ago

Without reading through 6 pages, tell me how much money you lost on this.

#311 9 years ago

Back in the RGP daze(2003-06/7ish)Mike sold parts through the group.he got some "bad seller" posts and got outted for being shady.He disappeared for awhile then reemerged as MAD.Different co.s,same behavior.Buyer beware.

#312 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Without reading through 6 pages, tell me how much money you lost on this

He said one page 1 comment #9 he lost $1200 USD

#313 9 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

He said one page 1 comment #9 he lost $1200 USD

Yikes.

Yeah, I'd pursue that for that amount.

If it was like under $100 or so, I'd chalk it up as a lesson learned and never do business with them again.

#314 9 years ago

I could always go there with a gopro in hand and see what he has to say? At the very least it would be entertaining.

But like I mentioned before... they NEVER pick up. When I got into the hobby I would call for parts and leave a voice mail, never a call back.

#315 9 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Some of you people just don't "get it." Mike Ducker creates a website. He clearly indicates he does ship outside the U.S. If he receives money from paying customers outside the U.S., he is legally and morally obligated to ship the product. Failing to do so is fraud, plain and simple. Again there is no "lesson" to be learned from his customers. How did you come to the conclusion that the customer is at fault? You simply cannot expect everyone to have known about these issues. Basically what you are saying is if you go to a garage and buy a new set of tires then weeks later they never call you to come pick them up, they never answer your phone calls, and never reply to your emails, yet the money has been withdrawn from your bank account, then it's the CUSTOMER'S fault for not seeing the "signs" that this was clearly going to happen? What signs? He's not going to put some big bold text on the front page saying, "International customers, don't order from me. I like to steal your money!"

In case you missed it the first time:

Quoted from Crash:

What lesson? The proverbial Pinside soapbox "Do not order from Mad Amusements or you will get screwed"? Mike is the one that needs a lesson here, not the customer. I personally will not deal with anyone who accepts just wire transfers, especially on items like this.

#316 9 years ago

Those guys are just as bad with their vendors.

#317 9 years ago

I stopped in to the Office of Consumer Affairs in Toms River. Working with Ed Mcbride, one of the investigators. We are getting the ball rolling. If you are a victum of Mad Amusements please PM me with details. Please prepare any evidence such as receipts etc. Update to follow...

#318 9 years ago
    Quoted from Doostur:

I stopped in to the Office of Consumer Affairs in Toms River. Working with Ed Mcbride, one of the investigators. We are getting the ball rolling. If you are a victum of Mad Amusements please PM me with details. Please prepare any evidence such as receipts etc. Update to follow...

Great of you to do this for the community.

Thanks

#319 9 years ago
    Quoted from Doostur:

Very promising news. The hyenas are finally starting to close in. I'm reposting this list of known victims if you want to reach out to them. Many may not see your post.

Pinny80
    Angyalpor
    charsiufan
    Cheeks
    Williampinball
    zpeakabonk
    bobsafcom
    Pinchroma
    stuartr7
    Duke
    Riffbear

#320 9 years ago

Luckily I saw this thread. Was in the process of ordering a few items to South Africa. Not a chance now.
    However, there is one small item that they have that I can't get anywhere else currently (blue car for Corvette)
    Does anyone here go there ever, that would be prepared to purchase it for me and I'll sort them out via Paypal?
    I was going to order a bunch of other stuff. Will stick with Action Pinball who has given me great service. Guys like this give US vendors a bad name, when in fact most of them are awesome to deal with.

Chaos

#321 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chaos:

Luckily I saw this thread. Was in the process of ordering a few items to South Africa. Not a chance now.
    However, there is one small item that they have that I can't get anywhere else currently (blue car for Corvette)
    Does anyone here go there ever, that would be prepared to purchase it for me and I'll sort them out via Paypal?
    I was going to order a bunch of other stuff. Will stick with Action Pinball who has given me great service. Guys like this give US vendors a bad name, when in fact most of them are awesome to deal with.
    Chaos

This one? http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9263

#322 9 years ago

I'm going to ask to be removed from this list. Yes he irked me, and yes, he wound up making me eat a return, but in the end I worked it all out. For a hundred bucks worth of parts it's not worth me getting my name involved. I wasn't scammed by him. I was a victim of his poor business practices and I got banned from his site, but I'm not losing sleep over it. Let this focus on the people that got really screwed.

#323 9 years ago

Sorta, but that is just the cover. Need the whole thing.
    http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=1182
    It's to help an old guy out here who has a machine that I am trying to help him get working. He's not online, so thought I would buy one and help him with it. Whole car is missing.
    Anyways..sorry for the OT, but could only find MAD with stock and definitely not going that route now.

Chaos

PS - As for my own interaction with him...I sent an email asking politely if he had something in stock. Got a rude and snarky email back about paying attention to the website etc etc...
    Thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt and order some stuff...but the payment process got stuck. Emailed him to ask if I can proceed with an order, and didn't even get a reply.
    Thanks...but no thanks.

#324 9 years ago

Doostur, great you are doing this!!

Don't forget the OP Powerzone to be on the list

#325 9 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

I'm going to ask to be removed from this list. Yes he irked me, and yes, he wound up making me eat a return, but in the end I worked it all out. For a hundred bucks worth of parts it's not worth me getting my name involved. I wasn't scammed by him. I was a victim of his poor business practices and I got banned from his site, but I'm not losing sleep over it. Let this focus on the people that got really screwed.

Got it, I put that list together about 4 months ago so it may not be accurate to this day. Glad it worked out.

#326 9 years ago

Crash: Believe me, I get it. I think you read my post incorrectly. "chalk it up to a lesson learned" if it were less than a hundred. $1200 is something different.

Me personally, if it were less than a hundred bucks, I would've chalked it up, etc. for the sake of my own sanity and anxiety, and never conducted business with them again. That's me.

Yes, it's wrong and it's all basically fraudulent.

#327 9 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Very promising news. The hyenas are finally starting to close in. I'm reposting this list of known victims if you want to reach out to them. Many may not see your post.
    Pinny80
    Angyalpor
    charsiufan
    Cheeks
    Williampinball
    zpeakabonk
    bobsafcom
    Pinchroma
    stuartr7
    Duke
    Riffbear

My friend orders from him to Hungary about 1000$, but same happens.
    He does the same, wrote to several offices, but nothing happens. Finally a pinsider from here visit Mike personally, and suddenly within few days the package was shipped...
    I link the whole thread to this one, on the first page.

#328 9 years ago
    Quoted from Angyalpor:

My friend orders from him to Hungary about 1000$, but same happens.
    He does the same, wrote to several offices, but nothing happens. Finally a pinsider from here visit Mike personally, and suddenly within few days the package was shipped...
    I link the whole thread to this one, on the first page.

The address is listed as 990 Cedar Ridge Avenue#B7228, Brick, NJ 08723. I go to that plaza all the time and never saw anything related to Pinballs there. Maybe its on the back side of the plaza? Who knows I'll go there and check it out.

Here is Mike Ducker collecting $40k in winnings from a scratch off ticket. I believe this is him, I have never seen him.

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/mike-ducker-wins-20k-lottery-jackpot-on-scratch-off-tickets-twice-in-a-week-1.6823558

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #329 9 years ago

Wow, a lucky guy.

#330 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chaos:

Got a rude and snarky email back about paying attention to the website etc etc...

I've had the same response from him one time when I was asking about stock... he's an ass

#331 9 years ago

Yeah, that looks like him. It's been about 5-8 years since I last seen him at the old USAA auctions. He always had a pouty face then because we would just keep outbidding him, on purpose!!

Quoted from Doostur:

The address is listed as 990 Cedar Ridge Avenue#B7228, Brick, NJ 08723. I go to that plaza all the time and never saw anything related to Pinballs there. Maybe its on the back side of the plaza? Who knows I'll go there and check it out.
    Here is Mike Ducker collecting $40k in winnings from a scratch off ticket. I believe this is him, I have never seen him.
    http://newjersey.news12.com/news/mike-ducker-wins-20k-lottery-jackpot-on-scratch-off-tickets-twice-in-a-week-1.6823558

image.jpg

#332 9 years ago

He might be able to afford to go back to school and take a course for international shipping. Assholes are lucky too.

#333 9 years ago
    Quoted from Doostur:

Most likely the address is a postal box. Going by the #B7228. Is there a UPS store at that plaza?

#334 9 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Most likely the address is a postal box. Going by the #B7228. Is there a UPS store at that plaza?

Yeah, there's a UPS Store in that shopping center, according to Street View..

#335 9 years ago

My Lord doesn't this thing about mad amusement die out!!! Mike is a great guy and done me favorite like no other.Mad Amusements is great and i don't give a rat's ass who says what!!!

Here's the deal if your in America you will have no problem!!
    If your in another country DONT order so you don't complain!!!

PLAIN AND SIMPLE END OF STORY.....MIKE HAS DONE A GREAT JOB FOR OUR HOBBY
    AND I'M SICK OF PEOPLE TRYING TO PUT HIM DOWN...ENOUGH!!!!!

-MIKE-PINMIKE

#336 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

-MIKE-PINMIKE

Wow, don't hold back your emotions....just let it all out

#337 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

My Lord doesn't this thing about mad amusement die out!!! Mike is a great guy and done me favorite like no other.Mad Amusements is great and i don't give a rat's ass who says what!!!
    -MIKE-PINMIKE

Sorry but a great guy does not steal from anyone.

#338 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

-MIKE-PINMIKE

You missed "April Fools" by one day.

#339 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

MIKE HAS DONE A GREAT JOB FOR OUR HOBBY

Not if he steals from overseas pinball brothers! Get it??

#340 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

-MIKE-PINMIKE

Just drain the topic and be forever relieved.

#341 9 years ago

If Consumer Affairs in Toms River picks this up, he is going to start feeling some pain.

#342 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

-MIKE-PINMIKE

Stealing from people is a shitty thing to do even if they're not in this country or whatever! It speaks very poorly of you that you would stick up for a thief.

#343 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

-MIKE-PINMIKE

The people in this hobby stick together. When one person gets screwed we all get screwed and Mad has been doing a whole lot of screwing. Why should we allow our friends from overseas to be f*d by him over and over again. If I were to misrepresent a game for sale and the buyer told his side of the story, I would be shunned from the hobby. How is what Mad is doing any different? We will all personally see his downfall and be happy about it.

I used to like your posts pinmike but I don't see how I can respect your opinion anymore, I sure hope this was a joke.

#344 9 years ago
    Quoted from Doostur:

I stopped in to the Office of Consumer Affairs in Toms River. Working with Ed Mcbride, one of the investigators. We are getting the ball rolling. If you are a victum of Mad Amusements please PM me with details. Please prepare any evidence such as receipts etc. Update to follow

Maybe you have done this but maybe starting a new thread would get more responses?

#345 9 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Wow, don't hold back your emotions....just let it all out

This shits been going on forever man

#346 9 years ago
    Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Sorry but a great guy does not steal from anyone.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

You missed "April Fools" by one day.

Quoted from NunjoBiznezz:

Just drain the topic and be forever relieved.

Quoted from futurepinhead:

The people in this hobby stick together. When one person gets screwed we all get screwed and Mad has been doing a whole lot of screwing. Why should we allow our friends from overseas to be f*d by him over and over again. If I were to misrepresent a game for sale and the buyer told his side of the story, I would be shunned from the hobby. How is what Mad is doing any different? We will all personally see his downfall and be happy about it.
    I used to like your posts pinmike but I don't see how I can respect your opinion anymore, I sure hope this was a joke.

f^%king newbs cry over peanuts

#347 9 years ago

In this hobby you win and you lose take like a man and handle it yourself...have some balls!!!!

#348 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

In this hobby you win and you lose take like a man and handle it yourself...have some balls!!!!

Sure, when it comes to private sales, trades, ebay, and craigslist, I'm inclined to agree somewhat. I've made out with some deals, lost on others.

However, MAD is a business. You give money to a business with the expectation that you will receive the item(s) you requested and paid for.

From the looks of this (and other) threads, a lot of people seem to be having a problem with that simple exchange with MAD. Paying for items and never receiving anything is considered fraud, and that isn't the customer's fault.

Personally, I haven't ordered from MAD before. I probably won't because of all the folks who have had problems. If it were just one or two people reporting problems, I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into it. But, it's easily a few dozen people who have had legitimate sounding issues here.

Sure, MAD may have been an asset to the hobby at one time, but past good performance can only carry current poor performance so far.

#349 9 years ago

Pinside used to be great!! Till all these whack jobs starting joining and racking up the prices thinking their games are worth gold Prices!!! You don't live forever man and your not gonna get rich off this hobby cause you sell one game next thing you know your buying 2 games.Keep the prices reasonable cause more and more games are coming out and thats good cause im old school i dont like the new games and that will help bring the older Bally/williams games down in price.Newbs fall for those new shithole games and they suck no quality in craftmanship period.I played the new Star trek,mustang,walking dead,WOZ...........THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#350 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Pinside used to be great!! Till all these whack jobs starting joining and racking up the prices thinking their games are worth gold Prices!!! You don't live forever man and your not gonna get rich off this hobby cause you sell one game next thing you know your buying 2 games.Keep the prices reasonable cause more and more games are coming out and thats good cause im old school i dont like the new games and that will help bring the older Bally/williams games down in price.Newbs fall for those new shithole games and they suck no quality in craftmanship period.I played the new Star Trek,mustang,Walking Dead,WOZ...........THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What does that have to do with MAD?

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-mad-amusements/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.