(Topic ID: 108360)

WARNING: Mad Amusements (aka *pinballparts* on ebay)

By Powerzone

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 260 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210529-173857_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpg
    F1069115-3749-4A13-B1DD-77AB60CC122A (resized).jpeg
    Capture #368 - 'Bumper Action Amusements Australia owes 79 WOZ Games or refund! I Pinside Forum' - pinside_com_pinball_forum_top
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20161227_014012 (resized).png
    BoneyM-Bump2_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Mike_Ducker_(resized).JPG
    2016-01-19_20_26_54-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    2016-01-19_20_23_44-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Untitled_(resized).png
    image.jpg
    DSC_0311.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 21.
    #51 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

They have no known address.

So, anyone that has ordered from them has never noticed a return address on the shipment?

Someone must know????

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

a guy was raping all the men on the 3rd floor of your apartment building

Quoted from pezpunk:

they should be ashamed of themselves

Ashamed.jpgAshamed.jpg

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

so I guess you guys don't eat at McDonalds, Denny's, Cocos, Chili's, Burger King, Carls Jr., I HOP, Sizzler etc. or buy stuff from Sears, Best Buy, Kohls, Wal Mart, Radio Shack, Target etc.
    and don't buy gas from Arco, Shell, Mobil, 76, Chevron etc ???
    because I guarantee you those places piss off plenty of customers as well...I you don't agree with their business practice than don't buy from ... Just because someone feels differently than you they are an asshole?

Last time I checked, I didn't belong to a community for McDonalds, Denny's, Cocos, Chili's, Burger King, Carls Jr., I HOP, Sizzler, Sears, Best Buy, Kohls, Wal Mart, Radio Shack, or Target.

Ditto for Arco, Shell, Mobil, 76, and Chevron.

The fact that you belong to a community of enthusiasts, and support a vendor that reliably victimizes some of them.....does in fact make you an asshole.

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

Last time I checked, I didn't belong to a community for McDonalds, Denny's, Cocos, Chili's, Burger King, Carls Jr., I HOP, Sizzler etc. or buy stuff from Sears, Best Buy, Kohls, Wal Mart, Radio Shack, or Target.
    Ditto for Arco, Shell, Mobil, 76, and Chevron.
    The fact that you belong to a community of enthusiasts, and support a vendor that reliably victimizes some of them.....does in fact make you an asshole.

Earth is my community

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

earth is my community

And the earth is full of assholes. Congrats?

#56 9 years ago

I believe I'll blow my own brains out if I read one more effing

supertroopers_pic3.jpgsupertroopers_pic3.jpg

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

And the earth is full of assholes. Congrats?

Well since there is going to be blanket name-calling, perhaps a mod should just close this thread...

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

Well since there is going to be blanket name-calling, perhaps a mod should just close this thread...

It is a pretty specific reason, for a specific behaviour.

Unless you think it's ok to support people that steal/rip off pinball owners? Please explain how you see this differently?

I also see that you're a habitual apologist for Mad, from those links below that Vid posted. At this point I have a hard time believing you're doing anything but trying to derail/sabotage this thread in calling for a mod to shut it down.

#60 9 years ago

Somewhere in New Jersey is all I can come up with so far......

#61 9 years ago

Any fellow pinhead buying MAD's products is entitled what they paid fro. Regardless what country they live in.

I've heard so many BS stories about how Mike at MAD has cheated many out of their pinball $$$, it really pisses my off.

I'll never buy from him again. Period!

#62 9 years ago

Better off making some USA pinsider friends. Have them order. But, $1200 is a lot of scratch.

#63 9 years ago

I wish a law enforcement agency would investigate this guy and lock him up already. It's pretty obvious he's ripping off customers from other countries.

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

don't live in an apartment.

Have to admit that was kind of a funny come back. lol

#65 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You will when you are older and your home is taken by the government.
    Tonight....you.....
    » YouTube video

don't own a dog either!

#66 9 years ago

I think it's time for a sticky-thread right at the top of this forum - a basic, factual warning about MAD amusement.... at a minimum, warn against for international orders. Considering Robin is outside of the USA, I'd think he'd want to warn his fellow Europeans (and Aussies and anyone else MAD has screwed)

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

I live in the usa...we have freedom of choice here...my choice is to buy from MAD when they have something I need...no one is going to tell me who I should or should not buy from...
    ... and don't tell me what threads I can or cannot post in

Are you a child?

Of course you can buy from whomever you choose to. This is a discussion where people are expressing their values and recommendations. No one is forcing you to do anything.

#68 9 years ago

Post edited by ddk: double post

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

So if a guy was raping all the men on the 3rd floor of your apartment building, but because you live on the 2nd floor, you would support him because he has not raped you?

Your post reminded me of this guy..
    thCAY3DPAD.jpgthCAY3DPAD.jpg

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from ddk:

Are you a child?
    Of course you can buy from whomever you choose to. This is a discussion where people are expressing their values and recommendations. No one is forcing you to do anything.

Great input guy who just registered a fake 2nd user account.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

don't own a dog either!

That dog owns you.

#72 9 years ago

not owned either! and as a free man free man i think i'll go order from Mad mike need some parts.

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

not owned either! and as a free man free man i think i'll go order from Mad mike need some parts.

Hurry!

#74 9 years ago

will do! need more candy!

#75 9 years ago
    Quoted from chrisjens2:

Your post reminded me of this guy..

#76 9 years ago

Yep, that's the one..... cause they rapin evebody up in here

#77 9 years ago
    Quoted from ddk:

Are you a child?

Quoted from Powerzone:

DONT SEND ANY MONEY TO MAD-AMUSEMENTS!

I never said someone was forcing me...I said don't tell me where to spend my $

#78 9 years ago
    Quoted from Powerzone:

As long as I did send any money, I had a good, fast and very nice contact to JD,

JD.jpegJD.jpeg

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from ddk:

Are you a child?

You MAD, bro?

#80 9 years ago

Address, I think:

997 Cedar Bridge Ave, Brick, New Jersey

Anything we can do to help this fellow pinsider out?

#81 9 years ago

I will never buy from him either! biggest dick head that I have ever had the misfortune to come across

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Anything we can do to help this fellow pinsider out?

arson?

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Earth is my community

OK, so what's your position on Soylent Green?

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

OK, so what's your position on Soylent Green?

good source of protein?

#85 9 years ago
    Quoted from rockinganker:

Do these international orders eventually come through?
    If not than there must be some legal options. I guess it depends what the total would be collectively.
    Personally, I have oreded several times from MAD with nothing but good results. Mind you, I stopped ordering from them a couple years ago once people from other sites were being screwed over. So far parts I needed were available elsewhere.

Me too, for years no issues, thousands spent, then one time absurdity from him, locks my account over $7 for shipping I would have paid for a +$500 order. He is a complete and utter whack job. Never ever order from this douche.

Seems like the same rehashed thread to most, but consider yourself the screwed op, and there is little recourse, he (and the rest) are just trying to get some assistance and draw attention to warn others – which should be welcomed by the community.

#86 9 years ago

Thank you all for your answers.
    It is not a misunderstanding. He does not answer my E-Mail's, dont call me back, does not answer my messages sent truth his website, canceled my account. All that since 4 weeks.

Do I have a chance to get in contact with the police there? I am doing some research at the moment.

regards

#87 9 years ago

Try calling Rick at PPS, I understand he has his lawyers looking for him as well.

Also, just where does he get these parts from and are they licensed products??

Quoted from Powerzone:

Thank you all for your answers.
    It is not a misunderstanding. He does not answer my E-Mail's, dont call me back, does not answer my messages sent truth his website, canceled my account. All that since 4 weeks.
    Do I have a chance to get in contact with the police there? I am doing some research at the moment.
    regards

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from WIZ:

Try calling Rick at PPS, I understand he has his lawyers looking for him as well.
    Also, just where does he get these parts from and are they licensed products??

Last I heard, Rick was threatening him as well, so maybe that's part of the prob.

#89 9 years ago
    Quoted from msj2222:

I will refuse to order from them until this and others get their $ or orders. Hope that helps and good luck.

Ditto

#90 9 years ago

Thank you!

I opened a new account with different E-Mail adress and wrote him a message.
    No answer.
    30 min. later my account does not longer exist!

I started some surveys in some Forum with the title: "Cheated by Mad-Amusements?"
    I will see how many answers and maybe we become strong enough to do something.
    Further I am getting in contact with some suppliers.

To be continued...

How does that work in the USA with the police? Is it better to call them, or to write E-Mail? Letter?

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

so I guess you guys don't eat at McDonalds, Denny's, Cocos, Chili's, Burger King, Carls Jr., I HOP, Sizzler etc. or buy stuff from Sears, Best Buy, Kohls, Wal Mart, Radio Shack, Target etc.
    and don't buy gas from Arco, Shell, Mobil, 76, Chevron etc ???

MAD isn't a chain though, it is just one dude in NJ. It isn't like it is a brand that has the opportunity to be misrepresented by multiple people.

Having said that, I have bought from MAD in the past, but after reading this, I doubt I will again. This is criminal.

Brought to you by:
    (removed by mod)

Post edited by moderator: vulgar pic removed

#93 9 years ago

I can't say I won't order from MAD if I have a reasonable alternative. They always get stuff here fast and with out error. However it is ridiculous that this is a constant problem that multiple people have. People keep sending money and he keeps taking it, and it will continue until he is told otherwise. I wish the OP best of luck in recouping his money or getting the parts, but it sounds as though MAD is purposely ignoring him.

#94 9 years ago
    Quoted from Powerzone:

How does that work in the USA with the police? Is it better to call them, or to write E-Mail? Letter?

It doesn't. Sorry man, I doubt you'll get anywhere with this process. They move at a glacial pace with domestic stuff, so I can't imagine anything happening quickly with foreign. Perhaps file a complaint with the BBB in NJ. They have done amazing things for me when the Cable company and Bank have F-ed me over. Not sure how this would work for foreign, as it is a US consumer based non-profit. Who knows. I'd just file and see if they email you back. Otherwise, you'd have to find an attorney in the US and file a lawsuit.
    https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from Powerzone:

I hate to be discouraging, but you are probably wasting your time on that front.

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Last I heard, Rick was threatening him as well, so maybe that's part of the prob.

If Rick is threatening him, then that makes at least 3 suppliers that MAD owes money to.

Tony

#97 9 years ago

Powerzone,

Unfortunately, the police and BBB will be a waste of energy. Your best bet is to work with the Department of Consumer Affairs in Ocean County, NJ.

It may take some time, but they will prove to be your best ally here.

Regards,
    Mike

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from GLModular:

MAD owes money to a LOT of suppliers.
    Tony

I have heard the same.

I have never had an issue with MAD shipping me my order. Always quick service.

That being said, I had a possible return that I might have had to send to him. His guy JD was very nice, but basically wouldn't honor the return because the zip lock bag the parts were in was opened (most parts come in ziplock bags as you know). I couldn't understand their reasoning at all. The part was absolutely 100% returnable and reusable in every way, shape and form.

I've spent hundreds on his site and I can't say for sure I'll be back. Customer service is big in my book.

#99 9 years ago

All I can say on the subject is: If he's screwing our overseas/Canada pinball brothers, he'll never get a nickel from me!

#100 9 years ago

And overseas! i would think that would constitute mail fraud which is a pretty serious offense.

never dealt with before but scumbags don't deserve to stay in business.

good luck to ya i am rooting for you!

lets all start making bogus accounts, asking all kinds of stupid questions about his products, if it comes in pink and wasting this guys time! Might be a bit of fun for a Tues night.

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-mad-amusements/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.