(Topic ID: 108360)

WARNING: Mad Amusements (aka *pinballparts* on ebay)

By Powerzone

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 260 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210529-173857_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpg
    F1069115-3749-4A13-B1DD-77AB60CC122A (resized).jpeg
    Capture #368 - 'Bumper Action Amusements Australia owes 79 WOZ Games or refund! I Pinside Forum' - pinside_com_pinball_forum_top
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20161227_014012 (resized).png
    BoneyM-Bump2_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Mike_Ducker_(resized).JPG
    2016-01-19_20_26_54-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    2016-01-19_20_23_44-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Untitled_(resized).png
    image.jpg
    DSC_0311.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 21.
    #901 3 years ago

NOPE !!
    Still in business !

#902 3 years ago

I know I will NEVER buy anything from this POS.

#903 3 years ago

I really can't believe this a hole can still operate.

#904 3 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

Did this guy ever get nailed?

Needs to get nailed by a prison wife named Bubba

#905 3 years ago

He had a GOT Prem translite on eBay I tried to buy from him. He was local, about 15 miles away. Asked him if we could just do a cash sale and I can pick it up. He responded “no” and then blocked me from even bidding on his items. As if I would buy from him after that anyway.

What an asshole.

#906 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

He had a GOT Prem translite on eBay I tried to buy from him. He was local, about 15 miles away. Asked him if we could just do a cash sale and I can pick it up. He responded “no” and then blocked me from even bidding on his items. As if I would buy from him after that anyway.
    What an asshole.

He probably didn't want to risk a confrontation or something.

#907 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

He responded “no” and then blocked me from even bidding on his items.

I think he's been blocking anyone who asks questions or has any complaints for the last decade or so. I honestly can't believe there's any unblocked people left to buy anything from him at this point.

#908 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

I think he's been blocking anyone who asks questions or has any complaints for the last decade or so. I honestly can't believe there's any unblocked people left to buy anything from him at this point.

Agree. I know of his reputation, but wasn’t aware that it was the same person until I came across this thread at someone’s direction.

I remember the whole debacle with him screwing people and never shipping items paid for, especially internationally. It’s a shame. But yet he still currently makes transactions. Nuts.

#909 3 years ago

Has he changed his eBay name to: chameleoncollecibles?

#910 3 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Has he changed his eBay name to: chameleoncollecibles?

contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=chameleoncollectibles

Not according to the username history.

#911 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Not according to the username history.

Interesting. Was Mad listed as being in collingswood NJ, that's where chameleoncollectables is.

#912 3 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Interesting. Was Mad listed as being in collingswood NJ, that's where chameleoncollectables is.

https://chameleoncollectibles.com/pages/contact

https://www.facebook.com/chameleoncollectibles/

I just did a few quick searches on the name and contact info and didn't spot any common threads. I don't think they're connected.

#913 3 years ago

Chameleon would be a clever name to hide behind, though, gotta admit.

#915 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

I have to say that I have purchased a few bigger items maybe three times from MAD diectly, and some smaller stuff, like bulbs, domes, springs, perhaps 5 or 6 times from his eBay store, and never had a problem. Not saying anything pro or con about other people's experiences, just my experiences with him have been flawless.

Please, just go away. Support that criminal because he was cheaper than the other guys. Good for you.

#916 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Please, just go away. Support that criminal because he was cheaper than the other guys. Good for you.

-DELETED-

#917 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

In all fairness this guy has only been on pinside for a year. He probably does not even know what a creep the guy is.

#918 3 years ago

He deleted his post so you should delete the quote.

#919 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

In all fairness this guy has only been on pinside for a year. He probably does not even know what a creep the guy is.

Yep, so many of the newbs like to mouth off about things they know nothing about.

#920 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

things they know nothing about

Honestly, that's just a bad take on it.

It was his purchases; he DID know something about HIS experiences, and he posted what he thought. Absolutely no reason to jump down anyone's throat about it and be mean.

#921 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

It was his purchases; he DID know something about HIS experiences, and he posted what he thought. Absolutely no reason to jump down anyone's throat about it and be mean.

If you had spent as much time and energy on this issue with MAD as I did, you might be jumping down throats as well.

#922 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

He deleted his post so you should delete the quote.

No

#923 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

I disagree. I don't care if you are a newbie or not. Read the damn thread title and figure out if your post belongs.

If you are too dense to figure out that this is a whole thread dedicated to warning others about what a crooked thief Mike Ducker and MAD Amusements(aka pinballparts on Ebay) is, then reap what you sow. This is NOT a place to come and fluff with all of my experiences have been great, flawless, I got my stuff and show MAD Amusements any sort of respect. Expect to get harshly flamed.

An absolute slap in the face to all the efforts to get this criminal shut down.

#924 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

If you had spent as much time and energy on this issue with MAD as I did, you might be jumping down throats as well.

I assume you haven't been able to get anywhere on this? Authorities could care less?

#925 3 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

I have to say that I have purchased a few bigger items maybe three times from MAD diectly, and some smaller stuff, like bulbs, domes, springs, perhaps 5 or 6 times from his eBay store, and never had a problem. Not saying anything pro or con about other people's experiences, just my experiences with him have been flawless.

#926 3 years ago

Moderator's comment:

Ok, relax folks. No need to keep piling on.

#927 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

He probably didn't want to risk a confrontation or something.

Are you saying I'm confrontational? Hahahahahahahaha.

#928 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Are you saying I'm confrontational? Hahahahahahahaha.

lol, nah. I'm just saying he probably didn't want to risk face-to-face meetings with anyone.

#929 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

lol, nah. I'm just saying he probably didn't want to risk face-to-face meetings with anyone.

probably very smart of him at this point

#930 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

probably very smart of him at this point

i could agree. they do have a anti ding part for opto troughs that im interested in, but i just dont think its worth the risk.

#931 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Ducker won't go face to face with ANYONE unless you are selling lottery tickets.

#932 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Hawk:

i could agree. they do have a anti ding part for opto troughs that im interested in, but i just dont think its worth the risk.

Someone could 3D print it anyway.

#933 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Someone could 3D print it anyway.

yeah, but i also need the moderen trough to go with it witch i saw once then never saw again

#934 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I assume you haven't been able to get anywhere on this? Authorities could care less?

I have been in contact with local PD, AG, and feds, it's a no go. I have very detailed documentation from a dozen of so victims and couldn't get anywhere.

#935 3 years ago

it seems like seller is away until tommorow, probably hiding from the feds or something. odd

tlaking about *pinballparts*

#936 3 years ago

all listing s are private too

#937 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball_Hawk:

That’s how he almost got me - had something I really wanted and couldn’t find anywhere else at the time. Was new to the hobby, had no idea about his reputation, and got lucky - had it in my cart and when I went to checkout the transaction failed due to my shipping address in Canada. Exchanged a few emails with him and my spidey senses started tingling. When I said I’d have him ship to a friend in the US instead and asked for a close-up pic of the item, he sent me a rude email and blocked me. Found these threads about him after the fact. Would have thrown away over $400 US. Not worth taking a chance if you’re international. I see lots of good experiences with him but those seem to be domestic where he likely faces more risk if he rips someone off - just my guess though.

#938 3 years ago
    Quoted from TDK-WPG:

That’s how he almost got me - had something I really wanted and couldn’t find anywhere else at the time. Was new to the hobby, had no idea about his reputation, and got lucky - had it in my cart and when I went to checkout the transaction failed due to my shipping address in Canada. Exchanged a few emails with him and my spidey senses started tingling. When I said I’d have him ship to a friend in the US instead and asked for a close-up pic of the item, he sent me a rude email and blocked me. Found these threads about him after the fact. Would have thrown away over $400 US. Not worth taking a chance if you’re international. I see lots of good experiences with him but those seem to be domestic where he likely faces more risk if he rips someone off - just my guess though.

yeah, completley international, i did feel safe getting something from Pinballdecals, They are kindof good, and we have bought glass from them before.

#939 3 years ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I have been in contact with local PD, AG, and feds, it's a no go. I have very detailed documentation from a dozen of so victims and couldn't get anywhere.

Has there ever been anyone in the pinball industry prosecuted? I don't think there has. I guess this is a good industry for criminals to con people and avoid prosecution.

#940 3 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

Has there ever been anyone in the pinball industry prosecuted?

Yes, I can think of two people off the top of my head (a designer and a supplier), but those were for crimes unrelated to pinball.

#941 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yes, I can think of two people off the top of my head (a designer and a supplier), but those were for crimes unrelated to pinball.

I can think of one somewhat local to me that was prosecuted and went to prison for tax evasion, partly related to income from a pinball biz.

#942 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I can think of one somewhat local to me that was prosecuted and went to prison for tax evasion, partly related to income from a pinball biz.

I think I know who that was. I forgot about that.

#943 3 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I was in touch with the Ocean County prosecutor’s office and they essentially did nothing.

#944 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I was in touch with the Ocean County prosecutor’s office and they essentially did nothing.

Try Monmouth County. They are a little more friendly. Or the State Ombudsman, located in Trenton in the Hughes Justice Center. They could probably help.

I know an assistant DA down in Ocean County well. Can put you in touch with her if you want.

#945 3 years ago

Given the number of cases it shows a clear pattern of behavior, I believe there is a solid case for wire fraud. It's just a matter of getting the right person to hear the case. The state AG wrote me back to say they received the complaint. At one time I had a civil attorney that I knew willing to try and pursue it, but at that point no one got back to me.

I did everything I could at the time and got nowhere and then I got sick and couldn't really focus on it as much as I wanted to.

#946 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I just did a few quick searches on the name and contact info and didn't spot any common threads. I don't think they're connected.

Thanks, I wouldn't want to tarnish someone else's reputation.

#947 3 years ago
    Quoted from DropTarget:

Thanks, I wouldn't want to tarnish someone else's reputation.

others pepoles reputaion going down for dumb reasons is not nice

#948 3 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

Has there ever been anyone in the pinball industry prosecuted? I don't think there has. I guess this is a good industry for criminals to con people and avoid prosecution.

LOL what did I say that merits 2 down votes? I really don't give a shit about votes, but am curious. As much fraud that is committed in the pinball industry, I have never seen anyone prosecuted. The couple responses I got to my post only listed a couple prosecutions that weren't even really pinball related or for tax evasion.

#949 3 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

what did I say that merits 2 down votes? I really don't give a shit about votes, but am curious.

Quoted from rx3:

I guess this is a good industry for criminals to con people and avoid prosecution.

This is a logical fallacy known as the argument from ignorance. Because you don’t know of ‘a lot’ of prosecutions you claim a causal link between the pinball industry and avoiding prosecution but you haven’t demonstrated such a link exists. You haven’t even demonstrated there is ‘a lot’ to be prosecuted compared to other industries.

#950 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

This is a logical fallacy known as the argument from ignorance. Because you don’t know of ‘a lot’ of prosecutions you claim a causal link between the pinball industry and avoiding prosecution but you haven’t demonstrated such a link exists. You haven’t even demonstrated there is ‘a lot’ to be prosecuted compared to other industries.

Sorry I thought we were having a casual dialogue on the issue. Didn't know I had to "demonstrate", provide surveys, stats, investigations, etc...before posting. You must be real fun at the parties huh?

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-mad-amusements/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.