(Topic ID: 108360)

WARNING: Mad Amusements (aka *pinballparts* on ebay)

By Powerzone

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 260 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210529-173857_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpg
    F1069115-3749-4A13-B1DD-77AB60CC122A (resized).jpeg
    Capture #368 - 'Bumper Action Amusements Australia owes 79 WOZ Games or refund! I Pinside Forum' - pinside_com_pinball_forum_top
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20161227_014012 (resized).png
    BoneyM-Bump2_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Mike_Ducker_(resized).JPG
    2016-01-19_20_26_54-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    2016-01-19_20_23_44-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Untitled_(resized).png
    image.jpg
    DSC_0311.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 21.
    #852 6 years ago

MAD Amusements aka *pinballparts* just flooded ebay with several hundred parts. It looks like new inventory. I wonder who supplied them.

ebay.com link: sch

#853 6 years ago

Considering where he lives I'm genuinely surprise he hasn't had to visit the hospital a few times.........New Yorkers and New Jersey in general have short tempers.

#854 6 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

Considering where he lives I'm genuinely surprise he hasn't had to visit the hospital a few times.........New Yorkers and New Jersey in general have short tempers.

Seems he doesn't rip locals off - only overseas buyers.

#855 6 years ago

My quick two cents I have read all of this, please...

Here; we see the Pinside community reacting to a poor seller in the pinball world. This Pinside community is what I'm going to talk about.

Some people I have talked to said Pinside is toxic.

I say Pinside is the opposite of toxic.

As we watch the pinball community trying to remove its cancers.

Pinside kicks ass, as do the people here.

My two cents.

It is unfortunate to see people do unsavory business practices in the pinball hobby.

It is glorious to watch Pinside expose them. It's too bad we have to. But we do.

Team Pinside!

#856 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Seems he doesn't rip locals off - only overseas buyers.

Looks like he has been hitting locals as well just not as often. Wow someone down voted me for saying NYC and NJ people do not take guff from most in general? Sorry for indicating you have a backbone!

#857 6 years ago

How I think he continues to stay in business: 1) There are many collectors, restorers, etc..that never visit Pinside, so they aren't aware. 2) There are many Pinsiders who continue to buy from him (who won't admit it) because he may have a needed part or lower price.

#858 6 years ago

Buying via eBay and payment with paypal is quite safe. But never, never ever deal with him outside eBay ... if you are than also from overseas .... your lost.
    I asked him years ago to put an article in eBay for me ... the response was very ugly with many words i had to google expect "F=)/% and A%%)(/e I understand

#859 6 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

2) There are many Pinsiders who continue to buy from him (who won't admit it) because he may have a needed part or lower price.

Pure horseshit if they do.

#860 6 years ago
    Quoted from rx3:

2) There are many Pinsiders who continue to buy from him (who won't admit it) because he may have a needed part or lower price.

He's lost most of international business from Pinside that's for sure but I wouldn't be surprised to see domestic folks still buying from him since they absolutely need the part, it's sad but I'm sure it's true.

#861 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

MAD Amusements aka *pinballparts* just flooded ebay with several hundred parts

I dunno. I scanned through that and I see he is trying to unload full cases of some stuff. Perhaps he is actually trying to liquidate and sell out.

Or . . . he needs an infusion of fresh funds for the Lotto.

We shall see . . . .

#862 6 years ago

What name is he selling under on ebay? I don't want to purchase from him unknowingly.

#863 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Here; we see the Pinside community reacting to a poor seller in the pinball world. This Pinside community is what I'm going to talk about.
    My two cents.
    It is unfortunate to see people do unsavory business practices in the pinball hobby.
    It is glorious to watch Pinside expose them. It's too bad we have to. But we do.
    Team Pinside!

Just for comparison if you want to see a true example of toxicity in a pinball forum when it conflicts with pre-existing commercial arrangements.

Our local forum AussieArcade actively protects dubious businesses like this and their practices if they have a commercial financial agreement as sponsors with the forum Admin so count yourself lucky we have a place like pinside where these kind of practices aren't tolerated and can be broght to the attention of the global pinball community.

I still remember vividly when our local Australian WOZLE distributor at the time and their company directors opted to embezzle over half a million dollars in WOZLE preorder monies from 79 Aussies. A number of us locals and some of their employees got wind of what was happening and made posts on AA of what was occurring yet the forum Admin there actively deleted posts and banned members for attempting to warn preorderers to keep their gravy train of cash rolling in as long as possible.

It was only when this information was later brought onto pinside (which by then was too late for recovery of funds for a majority) that the "leadership" attempted to save face and say they knew what was happening all along but chose to wait to let the distributor make a public post. (As if a company would make a post to keep calm whilst we siphon away your deposit money - clueless morons).

It still goes on there to this day, but thankfully most people in the Australian pinball community have caught on to how that place operates and would never use it as a platform for the objective dissemination of pertinent information in the pinball world. Just about everything posted there now is tainted with underlying bias due to undeclared commercial interests.

#864 6 years ago
    Quoted from RWH:

What name is he selling under on ebay? I don't want to purchase from him unknowingly.

*pinballparts*

#865 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

Just for comparison if you want to see a true example of toxicity in a pinball forum when it conflicts with pre-existing commercial arrangements.
    Our local forum AussieArcade actively protects dubious businesses like this and their practices if they have a commercial financial agreement as sponsors with the forum Admin so count yourself lucky we have a place like pinside where these kind of practices aren't tolerated and can be broght to the attention of the global pinball community.
    I still remember vividly when our local Australian WOZLE distributor at the time and their company directors opted to embezzle over half a million dollars in WOZLE preorder monies from 79 Aussies. A number of us locals and some of their employees got wind of what was happening and made posts on AA of what was occurring yet the forum Admin there actively deleted posts and banned members for attempting to warn preorderers to keep their gravy train of cash rolling in as long as possible.
    It was only when this information was later brought onto pinside (which by then was too late for recovery of funds for a majority) that the "leadership" attempted to save face and say they knew what was happening all along but chose to wait to let the distributor make a public post. (As if a company would make a post to keep calm whilst we siphon away your deposit money - clueless morons).
    It still goes on there to this day, but thankfully most people in the Australian pinball community have caught on to how that place operates and would never use it as a platform for the objective dissemination of pertinent information in the pinball world. Just about everything posted there now is tainted with underlying bias due to undeclared commercial interests.

not to open an old wound, but if i recall correctly, didn't JJP eat some capital to make you guys at least partially whole again?

#866 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

not to open an old wound, but if i recall correctly, didn't JJP eat some capital to make you guys at least partially whole again?

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Jersey_Jack_Repair_Guides#Rescue_Edition

#867 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

My two cents.
    Team Pinside!

I totally agree!! I love Pinside! When I bought my VW bus I didn't immediately go and post it on the VW forum I subscribe to, instead I posted it here in the Pinside car club thread.

#868 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

A partial deposit that JJP had initially received was consolidated into 22 Rescue Edition machines.

The remaining monetary balance residing with the local distributor at the time vanished into the ether.

A subsequent attempt was made at recovery on a local level but in the interim the company directors had deliberately driven the existing company into insolvency and then phoenixed it to prevent that happening.

#869 6 years ago

I gave you a thumbs up only because you told this story. I find this kind of thievery disgusting! I kept up with that debacle and couldn't believe that those guys could get by with this shit!

#870 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

I kept up with that debacle and couldn't believe that those guys could get by with this shit!

Look what Shit-B and jpoop got away with....

#871 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pintucky:

I gave you a thumbs up only because you told this story. I find this kind of thievery disgusting! I kept up with that debacle and couldn't believe that those guys could get by with this shit!

Thanks. It provides perspective to the automatic thumbs down from the local AA sycophants in my previous post (neither of whom had money down by the way and are simply downvoting because they are AA loyalists).

#872 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

Thanks. It provides perspective to the automatic thumbs down from the local AA sycophants in my previous post (neither of whom had money down by the way and are simply downvoting because they are AA loyalists).

Don't listen to pinsanity he is full of shit

Everyone who paid Bumper Action received between 86.5% and 100% of their money back, that is a fact.

Sure the new owners went broke etc and ripped people off, however Jersey Jack, Myself, Scott and David Stein worked legal avenues to make what I stated happen.

And thankyou to all pinside members who donated and assisted to help make that Happen

Australian pinball forums help support pinball, they have no idea of someone's financial position who might be trying to scam people, if they have a genuine product and reputation who wouldn't any forum allow the promotion of such products.

The same could be sent about any Pinball Forum, we had jpop, predator and many others all supported for the love of pinball.

#873 6 years ago

On that note, I'd like to congratulate Ballypinball on his recent reinstatement as a paid up sponsor on AussieArcade after being handed a lifetime ban all those years ago by the forum Admin.

Though from an outside observers perspective it would appear completely unrelated to the above event, I'd also like to congratulate him on his recent appointment as a Homepin product distributor.

Capture #368 - 'Bumper Action Amusements Australia owes 79 WOZ Games or refund! I Pinside Forum' - pinside_com_pinball_forum_topic_bumper-action-amusements-pty-ltd (resized).jpgCapture #368 - 'Bumper Action Amusements Australia owes 79 WOZ Games or refund! I Pinside Forum' - pinside_com_pinball_forum_topic_bumper-action-amusements-pty-ltd (resized).jpg

#874 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

Get over it dude. You're banned from the Australian forums because of your actions, no one elses.

I lost money over WOZ with bumper too, and it had nothing to do with any Australian forum. I never even pursued it simply because I didn't want to take away from the total pool of funds for the rest of you.

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" - you've been grinding this axe forever, let it go.

#875 6 years ago

Folks, this is the MAD Amusements thread, not the Aussie Arcade grievance thread. Please try to stick to the topic from this point forward.

#876 6 years ago

Hey, how about those crooks at MAD Amusements? Who would ever deal with them?

#877 6 years ago
    Quoted from sleazius:

Get over it dude. You're banned from the Australian forums because of your actions, no one elses.
    I lost money over WOZ with bumper too, and it had nothing to do with any Australian forum. I never even pursued it simply because I didn't want to take away from the total pool of funds for the rest of you.
    "Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die" - you've been grinding this axe forever, let it go.

First post here in over a year, sleazius. The memo must have been sent out overnight for damage control to pinside ASAP.

One can only have a successful (inclusive and expanding user base) pinball forum when those in charge remain at arm's length from the commercial pinball side of the industry and not by having their fingers directly inserted into the pinball financial pie on a daily basis.

Something that seems to be forever beyond the comprehension of the average AA loyalist.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Folks, this is the MAD Amusements thread, not the Aussie Arcade grievance thread. Please try to stick to the topic from this point forward.

All good Forceflow, I promised to show Azmodeus an example of toxicity in a pinball forum when it conflicts with undeclared pre-existing commercial arrangements and it was delivered just as expected.

Back on topic.

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Hey, how about those crooks at MAD Amusements? Who would ever deal with them?

Years ago before the gambling bug bit he used to be okay with international shipping and often would have the cheapest rate and parts that no one else had. In the early days, his prices were regularly cheaper than the domestic comparable product even with international shipping tacked on and our at the time abysmal US-AUS exchange rate which from an Aussie's perspective was whilst amusing not unexpected either.

Nowadays it is too much of a gamble (hehe) when buying from a business with a tainted reputation from the other side of the world and it is simply easier to find more reputable alternatives to give your custom.

A good philosophy to adhere to regardless of your location.

As reiterated earlier in the thread, just the fact this issue can be brought to the attention of the pinball community and not censored due to commercial bias is heartening to see.

#878 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

First post here in over a year, sleazius. The memo must have been sent out overnight for damage control to pinside ASAP.
    One can only have a successful (inclusive and expanding user base) pinball forum when those in charge remain at arm's length from the commercial pinball side of the industry and not by having their fingers directly inserted into the pinball financial pie on a daily basis.
    Something that seems to be forever beyond the comprehension of the average AA loyalist.

All good Forceflow, I promised to show Azmodeus an example of toxicity in a pinball forum when it conflicts with undeclared pre-existing commercial arrangements and it was delivered just as expected.

I've been out of the hobby for 18mths, but assume away, you always have. Keep grinding that axe buddy it's worked well for you so far.

#879 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

On that note, I'd like to congratulate Ballypinball on his recent reinstatement as a paid up sponsor on AussieArcade after being handed a lifetime ban all those years ago by the forum Admin.
    Though from an outside observers perspective it would appear completely unrelated to the above event, I'd also like to congratulate him on his recent appointment as a Homepin product distributor.

I am still serving my consecutive life bans from that forum. Can't say I miss it one bit nor those crooks at Bumper Action. Pinside is a much more informative environment.

#880 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

Now now Reuben you should be playing your medieval madness down there is south Australia, not guessing at what we are or not doing.

Last I saw highway were the global Thunderbirds Distributor not me.

Ps you never bought a woz as I have the records from bumper and your name isn't on it.

#881 6 years ago
    Quoted from sleazius:

Don't know how you lost money Leigh, as no record of you ever buying one either

#882 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

Now now Reuben you should be playing your medieval madness down there is south Australia, not guessing at what we are or not doing.

I'm not a geography expert Wayne, but based on your location shouldn't that be up there in south australia?

Last I saw highway were the global Thunderbirds Distributor not me.

Did I mention Thunderbirds? C'mon mate don't play coy here, we both know the only reason why the overlords let you back on AA.

I have the records from bumper and your name isn't on it.

Of course. Any prudent person always does due diligence before depositing money with an unknown entity particularly one which has the depositor "trust account" in the name of the company directors private account. (Belhill Investments ring any bells?)

If you spot an iceberg approaching on the horizon, you don't wait around on the deck to see what happens. You warn as many people as reasonably possible, then find the nearest lifeboat. It's when your efforts to warn get actively hampered that's the point at which you get frustrated because you quickly realise that for some the attraction of personal financial gain has higher importance than the greater good of the pinball community.

And yes, I'll reiterate what you did post facto along with the other people you mentioned (Oscar as well for starting the legal fund) for the recovery of funds with almost zero cooperation of the local forum was a good thing. All that legal expense and heartache could easily have been avoided though had the local forum Administrators not been so overzealous in protecting their commercial sponsor at the time.

Those who ignore history are condemned to repeat it.

#883 6 years ago

Exactly, lost no money

Wasn't directly involved in the legal process, even though you claim to have some mail order legal degree, didn't assist or help fellow pinballers in any way.

Say what you want about mad amusements but keep your bullshit about things you know nothing about to yourself Kirsten, Kristen is it this week?

No wonder you got banned on AA

#884 6 years ago

Aussie forum guys, please ask Pinsider furballx to log in to his Pinside account and check his box. We have verified him here and wish to speak further. We are told he is a moderator on your forum and we’d like that confirmed as well so we know we are speaking with the right guy. Thanks.

#885 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Aussie forum guys, please ask Pinsider furballx to log in to his Pinside account and check his box. We have verified him here and wish to speak further. We are told he is a moderator on your forum and we’d like that confirmed as well so we know we are speaking with the right guy. Thanks.

Done.

#886 6 years ago

Don't know how you lost money Leigh, as no record of you ever buying one either

I put a deposit down with David, I've got the emails to prove it. Thankfully I never went any further than putting down a few hundred bucks because I smelled a rat at the time and spoke with Jack at expo. I never chased the money because I figured everyone else was worse off than me and to me it was a gamble to begin with.

#887 6 years ago

If there's one thing we can count on here on Pinside, it's that the same handful of Australian guys will storm into a thread and begin arguing about things that happened on another forum.

Please guys, let's keep this MAD Amusements thing on track.

#888 6 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

If there's one thing we can count on here on Pinside, it's that the same handful of Australian guys will storm into a thread and begin arguing about things that happened on another forum.

no, it is just one guy who keeps dredging up the past

you only need to look at his posting history to see how much he is obsessed with Aussie Arcade and its members

#889 6 years ago
    Quoted from spiroagnew:

That's because you get sanctioned on the other forum for bringing up the eternal elephant in the room.

The bottom line is just about all of the self appointed rulers of the online Aussie pinball scene dropped the ball on Bumper Action and as this spiralling thread clearly shows it has caused long term anguish not only for a lot of people and as a result clearly wants to be swept under the rug because it doesn't fit in with their current objectives.

It comes down to a number of factors including their own hubris, arrogance, personal greed or just the fact they surround themselves with sycophants on a daily basis which causes an unquestioning hive mind mentality and silence (borne from fear of repercussions) in their minds is interpreted as docile agreement.

On a macro level, it has also contributed to the end of the prepaid model in Australia for any subsequent manufacturer attempting to emulate which from my point of view is going to be fatal for our local industry given the prices we pay on new machines down here.

Now if you will excuse me I have a medical degree mail order application form to send off. If only I had known about this 10 years ago I could have saved myself 4 years of classes and 100k getting my LLB.

#890 6 years ago

pinsanity Can you please start a different thread for the AA discussion?

It seems like something that people want to discuss, but it'll get lost here in this thread about MAD. I'm sure there's others like me that don't know the history and can't quite piece it together from the various bits scattered around the place.

#891 6 years ago
    Quoted from sleazius:

I put a deposit down with David, I've got the emails to prove it. Thankfully I never went any further than putting down a few hundred bucks because I smelled a rat at the time and spoke with Jack at expo. I never chased the money because I figured everyone else was worse off than me and to me it was a gamble to begin with.

Well by law you can get a deposit back still today, happy to help you, does not take $ away from others

#892 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

That's because you get sanctioned on the other forum for bringing up the eternal elephant in the room.
    The bottom line is just about all of the self appointed rulers of the online Aussie pinball scene dropped the ball on Bumper Action and as this spiralling thread clearly shows it has caused long term anguish not only for a lot of people and as a result clearly wants to be swept under the rug because it doesn't fit in with their current objectives.
    It comes down to a number of factors including their own hubris, arrogance, personal greed or just the fact they surround themselves with sycophants on a daily basis which causes an unquestioning hive mind mentality and silence (borne from fear of repercussions) in their minds is interpreted as docile agreement.
    On a macro level, it has also contributed to the end of the prepaid model in Australia for any subsequent manufacturer attempting to emulate which from my point of view is going to be fatal for our local industry given the prices we pay on new machines down here.
    Now if you will excuse me I have a medical degree mail order application form to send off. If only I had known about this 10 years ago I could have saved myself 4 years of classes and 100k getting my LLB.

Well your LLB hasn't got you anywhere or learnt anything, back to the mad amusements thread

1 month later
    #894 6 years ago

Someone from New Jersey just won the $560 million Powerball Jackpot tonight. Please, of all people, do not let it be this Mike Ducker P.O.S.

#895 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Someone from New Jersey just won the $560 million Powerball Jackpot tonight. Please, of all people, do not let it be this Mike Ducker P.O.S.

Hopefully its Jersey Jack himself!
    Then he can pay for those Harry Potter rights.
    Then offer great pins at a cheaper pruce.

#896 6 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Please, of all people, do not let it be this Mike Ducker P.O.S.

That would be the shits if he won it. I think I would kill myself!!!

1 year later
    #897 5 years ago

Mad amusement a.k.a. pinball parts on eBay is up to the same old garbage… Now it’s not just all international orders 2019

#898 5 years ago

Mad amusements aka pinball parts on eBay (banned on amazon)is now screwing with orders within the USA and not just overseas.

#899 5 years ago
    Quoted from ballerbradley:

Mad amusements aka pinball parts on eBay (banned on amazon)is now screwing with orders within the USA and not just overseas.

Looks like the account is still up.

https://www.amazon.com/sp

[Edit]: oh, I see that there are no products actually listed in the profile.

1 year later
    #900 3 years ago

Did this guy ever get nailed?

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-mad-amusements/page/18?hl=ajfclark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.