(Topic ID: 108360)

WARNING: Mad Amusements (aka *pinballparts* on ebay)

By Powerzone

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,029 posts
  • 260 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by vdojaq
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20210529-173857_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpg
    F1069115-3749-4A13-B1DD-77AB60CC122A (resized).jpeg
    Capture #368 - 'Bumper Action Amusements Australia owes 79 WOZ Games or refund! I Pinside Forum' - pinside_com_pinball_forum_top
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20161227_014012 (resized).png
    BoneyM-Bump2_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Mike_Ducker_(resized).JPG
    2016-01-19_20_26_54-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    2016-01-19_20_23_44-All_Pinball___Pinside_Forum_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Untitled_(resized).png
    image.jpg
    DSC_0311.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 21.
    #501 8 years ago

I'm happy to say I almost forgot about Mike F*cker, er I mean Ducker. Haven't check his crappy site with his lime disease products for a long time. In all honesty, seeing a site selling lime disease and pinball products should have tipped us off to possible problems with his personality in the future.

You used to want *find* a way to deal with him, but his inventory went down, most things out of stock, an stock from other's has gone up to point where it's not longer necessary to acknowledge his existence any more.

Too bad to those still out, sounds like no light on the horizon.

#502 8 years ago

I got 20,000 worth of mostly NOS parts from Keller Restorations. I sold all of it on Ebay , I took great Pics and good Descriptions. Mad Amusements bought 2000 worth of stuff. It took forever to get paid, but I eventually got paid and left good feedback. After I left feedback they complained that the product was not NOS and wanted to return much or the product or give them a partial refund. I told them just to send all the stuff they didn't want back or call me and we could work out the details. They emailed me several times thru Ebay but refused to call me. I stopped responding.

2 Weeks Later they bought a bunch of other stuff and never paid, I didn't ship the product and cancelled the order. I received more email about how unhappy they were with the product, so I told them to contact me directly, they never did.

I am in the USA and have ordered over 6,000 worth of product from them without a hitch, however on the selling side I had nothing but problems and no communications. There is my 2 cents worth!

#503 8 years ago
    Quoted from AtomicChuck:

I got 20,000 worth of mostly NOS parts from Keller Restorations. I sold all of it on Ebay , I took great Pics and good Descriptions. Mad Amusements bought 2000 worth of stuff. It took forever to get paid, but I eventually got paid and left good feedback. After I left feedback they complained that the product was not NOS and wanted to return much or the product or give them a partial refund. I told them just to send all the stuff they didn't want back or call me and we could work out the details. They emailed me several times thru Ebay but refused to call me. I stopped responding.
    2 Weeks Later they bought a bunch of other stuff and never paid, I didn't ship the product and cancelled the order. I received more email about how unhappy they were with the product, so I told them to contact me directly, they never did.
    I am in the USA and have ordered over 6,000 worth of product from them without a hitch, however on the selling side I had nothing but problems and no communications. There is my 2 cents worth!

Hope you NEVER order from him again and block him as an Ebay buyer on your listings. What a crook!

#504 8 years ago
    Quoted from Angyalpor:

Once my case is solved after a personal visit, thanks for a Pinsider...should happen this again...

Personal visit?!? Please explain!

#505 8 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Personal visit?!? Please explain!

Or, please explain on RGP to avoid any issues.

#506 8 years ago
    Quoted from AtomicChuck:

No sympathy. Sounds like you'd been warned and didn't really care about others getting ripped off until it happened to you.

#507 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

No sympathy. Sounds like you'd been warned and didn't really care about others getting ripped off until it happened to you.

Bahahahahahahahahahah!

#508 8 years ago

I almost clicked buy it now on a part the other day. After I saw the seller, I decided the part can wait. I'll be happy to see the crook go under.

#509 8 years ago

I haven't even visited his site in... hmm. Marco, Pinball Life, Bay Area Amusements, Great Plains Electronics, and Pinball Resource all have me covered. And for LEDs/rings I use Titan Pinball.

#510 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I haven't even visited his site in... hmm. Marco, Pinball Life, Bay Area Amusements, Great Plains Electronics, and Pinball Resource all have me covered. And for LEDs/rings I use Titan Pinball.

Yep. Not understanding why anybody would do business with him. Too many options out there...and I've never had to look further than the people you mentioned, except for the time I had to get an IJ jackpot light board. For that, I bought it from a guy in Norway. Shipping was quick, price was reasonable, and best of all, I actually got what I bought.

#511 8 years ago

Is it possible for me, to get in contact with a police departement there? How?

#512 8 years ago

good luck with that . . .

#513 8 years ago

---- wrong thread

#515 8 years ago

Hello again

I think I found the right police department.

http://www.brickpd.com/DepartmentDirectory/Police.aspx

Could please somebody tell me, which form I should use for my case?

regards
    Christian

#516 8 years ago

Notice that Mad Amusement has more and more sold out parts. This is because he does not pay his suppliers. Sold him parts for years and then he stuck us for a big unpaid invoice. Upon suing him, his business practices are very questionable. He is not a registered business in NJ, and does not collect sales tax in his state. His business name is being used under some other company. Buyer and sellers beware!

#517 8 years ago

No one on Pinside should support this D-Bag period!

#518 8 years ago

He has over 9000 transactions on ebay with 100% positive feedback.How is that possible?.

#519 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzzz:

He has over 9000 transactions on ebay with 100% positive feedback.How is that possible?.

Very easy. He follow through if person has recourse on getting money back. If it is a purchase or invoices when he buys, that doesn't have a recourse option, then you are taking a big chance. I think he plays on the edge of money problems, so when he is in financial trouble, his customer get screwed. Do a search with his name, Mike Ducker and the word lottery, and you will see he has news stories of big instant lottery wins. But smart people know that lottery is a losing proposition (50% return), so a couple big instant lottery wins probably means that he plays often, and long term probably a big loser. The risk that buyer run, is if Mike is in financial trouble, and his ripoff sources are drying up- he may go under and if you are buying during that time- you lose.

#520 8 years ago
    Quoted from Powerzone:

Hello again
    I think I found the right police department.
    http://www.brickpd.com/DepartmentDirectory/Police.aspx
    Could please somebody tell me, which form I should use for my case?
    regards
    Christian

Police will not help you. They will tell you it's a civil matter.

#521 8 years ago

I'd call the IRS not the police . . .

#523 8 years ago

That is good news, the IRS usually checks you out when you win over $500. If he owes any back taxes they will take it from the winnings. Maybe it will spark a full audit and he will burn for ripping people off.

#524 8 years ago
    Quoted from Riptor:

That is good news, the IRS usually checks you out when you win over $500. If he owes any back taxes they will take it from the winnings. Maybe it will spark a full audit and he will burn for ripping people off.

Only if they know he has a bidness(sic) yet said bidness is not registered thus no tax return is being filed for it.

For the lottery winnings, the State submits a W-2 form to your friends at the IRS. They likely withold 10-20% for Uncle Sam. Ducker eventually has to file a tax retun for the lottery winning s as well as other reportable income. Heck, he could say he is retired and living off of savings.

#527 8 years ago

I don't see any steps.

#528 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I don't see any steps.

Coming soon.

#529 8 years ago

1. Write steps
    2. ???
    3. Profit

#530 8 years ago

Maybe we all can make a collective international case to against him, I would defnitly join in.
    Peter

#531 8 years ago

Now featuring Frank Furhter.

#532 8 years ago

I really don't see a purpose in dragging this discussion to RGP.

#533 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I really don't see a purpose in dragging this discussion to RGP.

No purpose at all? How about to continue to warn others not to use Mad Amusements

#534 8 years ago

It's just FF troll bait now evidently.

#535 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I disagree. I think those who need some helpful information will soon find it there.

Then again, I could be wrong.

#536 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Is he back? I thought the rumor was that he died or something.

#537 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I disagree. I think those who need some helpful information will soon find it there.
    Then again, I could be wrong.

I'm a relatively new owner and put my first pretty good chunk of money on parts recently. I made sure not to buy from MAD due to this thread.

#538 8 years ago

Just skimmed through this thread. Man this MAD amusements blows chunks. And that pinmike melt down was some ridiculousness. If that guy has been around the hobby forever, you'd think he wouldn't explode like that and defend someone and their business that is clearly horrible.

#539 8 years ago

I have heard a year or so ago, that a higher power was freezing his bank accounts on several occassions. That should tell you all you need to know about mr lyme

#540 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

that pinmike melt down was some ridiculousness

Looks like pinmike was either banned or quit Pinside because of this thread (his account is "Frozen").

#541 8 years ago

Used MAD about 3 months ago. Parts were fairly priced. Got package priority mail in a week. Guess I got Lucky. Bought 2 motors for an Addams and a Gilligan, guess that makes it 3 motors. Got some chips, and plastics I needed and Springs. Order was $195 with shipping, within an hour had a paypal invoice asking for another $7 bucks. Paid it promptly since I know 3 motors had some weight. Was considering going back, but even with my successful shipment, this makes me think twice.

#542 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Question please Gang?? I have recently made order from Big Daddy. No communication and no way to get a hold of them. How long should I wait for order to cancel my paypal payment, I do have recourse thru paypal. I'ts been to weeks today. No confirmation, no package, poor customer service.

Have you emailed about your order? [email protected]

#543 8 years ago

yes, on Monday-No reply. Sent email to one above. Only could find that in my receipt. His website email no worky.

#544 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

yes, on Monday-No reply. Sent email to one above. Only could find that in my receipt. His website email no worky.

Try PMing him here on the forums--toddsvec

#546 8 years ago

Had this taken place in Eastern Europe or Russia this character would have ended up never found... Pure homicide.... The same thing with the clown who ripped off everybody on the wanna-be-owe license scam with Predator...

1 week later
    #547 8 years ago
    Quoted from Powerzone:

Is it possible for me, to get in contact with a police departement there? How?

Hello all

After no really help, I decided to do all myself.
    Some minutes ago I had a phone call with a nice women from the police departement. She explained me how to go on. It is an official thing, that means I dont need a loywer (at the moment) no costs for me ect.. I will act now as she explained to me and that will give a lot of pressure to Mike. Than we will see.
    I will keep you up to date.

regards
    Christian

#548 8 years ago
    Quoted from Powerzone:

Hello all
    After no really help, I decided to do all myself.
    Some minutes ago I had a phone call with a nice women from the police departement. She explained me how to go on. It is an official thing, that means I dont need a loywer (at the moment) no costs for me ect.. I will act now as she explained to me and that will give a lot of pressure to Mike. Than we will see.
    I will keep you up to date.
    regards
    Christian

Good luck, and good for you for continuing to pursue it! Based on the experience of Predator and JPop buyers the police can be frustratingly hesitant to act on these consumer fraud cases, but I hope you get some satisfaction in the long run.

#549 8 years ago

Damn. I hate to see this thread. They are the only place I can seem to find with a Bally KISS backglass for sale, but after reading all this, I am not going to order from them. Anyone know of somewhere else to get a good Bally KISS backglass?

#550 8 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Now featuring Frank Furhter.

image.jpgimage.jpg

There are 1,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-mad-amusements/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.