Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170130-081625.png
mmbtdwbc_6004 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Good morning,
I canceled the transaction due to a few reasons. First, emails with Pokerjake never included his real name or phone number. This bothered me a bit, potential scam maybe? After asking him if he wanted other info on the pinball, he said no, that he trusted me. This marks good faith/character on his part, but made me a bit concerned since I would want the most info on anything I am buying that is used, especially if it costs a lot of money.
Per escrow.com, the funds should have been secured via paypal in 24 hours from Wednesday. After contacting them Friday on the phone as well as Sunday via their web chat , they said they were still trying to verify the funds/person sending the money. This made me nervous. Since the money was never secured, either party was able to cancel the transaction per Escrow.com at that time so I cancelled. Plus I was concerned about shipping the game from the get go, my fault, I should have never agreed to do that. Just caused a lot of stress of the unknown such as will I be paid, if the game is rejected, will I receive it back, etc. Talking with escrow.com, they said if the game was rejected, and not returned within 10 days, it could go mediation/court and cost each party $4K, again, this made me nervous since I would never be able to afford that.
Per escrow.com, his funds will be returned since no transaction had taken place because the funds were never secured. Shipping charges cannot be enforced because nothing was ever shipped. When I talked to the shipping company, I even told them a potential pickup date was depending on funds being secured so it may be cancelled all together based on that.
Jason

Do you have a record of Escrow.com telling you the funds were not yet secured on Jan. 29? Buyer should be able to use that info and his PayPal confirmation that the echeck cleared to get Escrow.com to waive the fees.

Lesson learned for both of you. Get your agreement in writing. Bill of sale, contract. Communicate concerns when arranging a deal.
Sounds to me that Escrow.com is at fault if Paypal shows that payment cleared on the 25th and Escrow.com still didn't have it by the 29th. Probably no way to force either entity to fess up or pay though. Neither is a bank and for the most part they're unregulated. Read their terms and conditions to figure out your options. Negative press is probably the best you can do if they keep the $65.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-jetmechinnc?tu=yeoldpinplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.