Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by rcbrown316
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20170130-081625.png
mmbtdwbc_6004 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pokerjake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Do not do business with this user, jetmechinnc. We agreed to a deal, I sent the money to Escrow.com per his request, setup and paid $361.53 in shipping and he backed out. Without any warning he texted me this morning he was going with a local offer and cancels the transaction. We finalized the deal on the 25th and he cancelled on the 29th. Everything was is place for pickup and payment. Will the shipping company refund the money if it hasn't been picked up yet? I went through Michelle Bianchi at Precision Transportation. Now I have $1465 in no mans land, and may not get all of it back due to fees.

Archived after 7 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Sale
F-14 Tomcat Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “I have a 1987 Williams F-14 Tomcat pinball for sale. It has new play field glass, full colored LED conversion to include flashers, Pinball Pro speakers and subwoofer, and graphics ...”
2017-01-22
Winston-salem, NC
1,500 (OBO)

#21 3 years ago

Screenshot_20170130-081625.png

#22 3 years ago

It cleared

#25 3 years ago

He wanted to use escrow.com, I did everything on my end. Even sent him screenshots of the deposit and verification.

#29 3 years ago

Now I don't even know where the funds are, they're not in paypal, escrow or my bank account. I'll have to call escrow when they open.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

aren't you the one who brought escrow.com into the mix in the first place? Why in god's name did you do this?
If you don't trust a guy enough to just send him money and get your game shipped, you shouldn't buy a game from him. This guideline will help in the future.

He wanted to use Escrow, he said it was safest. I brought up using venmo or PayPal. I trusted him, I had no questions on the transaction or product I was receiving.

Just hung up with escrow, I'm out the $65 in fees since the money was secured.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

No real name or phone number AND funds not being cleared at the time the buyer said they would be is a huge flag. At that point the op did not live up to his end if he claimed they would be there. Basically, you sell something, and escrow says no verified funds there at the time the buyer said they would be. This would end the transaction for me as well. I could jus as well see seller starting the same post. If sending funds for a remote transaction, make sure the money arrives and is cleared by the time you say.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-not-get-ripped-off-in-pinball-vids-guide

My real name, address, phone number and money were on the escrow transaction. We even talked on the phone.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

could be worse I guess.
Why doesn't the guy just sell you the game at this point? Clearly nobody was trying to scam anybody. Regardless they made about 5 million F14s and they are everywhere at better asking prices than this one so shouldn't be too hard to find one.

Since I couldn't leave feedback, this is a way for future potential buyers to see his name and think twice. Plus I already bought a rubber kit, transistor, and extra balls. I'll find one in the future. I'm going to look at an Eight Ball Deluxe tonight, World Cup 94 on Saturday, Jackbot, and a Bride of Pinbot soon hopefully.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/43503
By a well known and well trusted seller. Joe is one of the best and I'd vouch for him a million times over. Good luck on your search regardless, OP.

I'd have messaged him but states he will not ship in the description.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, OH
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pokerjake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside