• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4167 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

hello all !
i have sent many email to obtain the refund of my deposit to Andrew, Jay, and Daniel and another guy from the new team and no one anser to me.
Be very carfull with this company, don't place order until the game are really in stock.
it's not a normal situation... Heigway team, keep out the head from the sand and refund all people that ask you there money.

#2 6 years ago

The company is undergoing a change in ownership. It may take some time. Take a look at the other recent threads in this subforum.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/heighway-pinball

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The company is undergoing a change in ownership. It may take some time. Take a look at the other recent threads in this subforum.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/heighway-pinball

The more you look at everything, the more you'll want to run away fast. Assuming you can get your money back.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The more you look at everything, the more you'll want to run away fast. Assuming you can get your money back.

I suggested in one of the threads that anyone who wants out, to get out. And if they still want a game, to buy one later if/when they actually get production rolling.

#5 6 years ago

Not returning money on demand reeks of a scam.

#6 6 years ago

Don't we already have this thread?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Not returning money on demand reeks of a scam.

The company is in transition. It will take some time before we see any movement on anything while the new owners go through things.

#8 6 years ago

#9 6 years ago

I just saw on FB Andrew Heighways resignation

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

I just saw on FB Andrew Heighways resignation

He posted a thread here too.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from whatchapopo:

hello all !
i have sent many email to obtain the refund of my deposit to Andrew, Jay, and Daniel and another guy from the new team and no one anser to me.
Be very carfull with this company, don't place order until the game are really in stock.
it's not a normal situation... Heigway team, keep out the head from the sand and refund all people that ask you there money.

IMG_4167 (resized).JPGIMG_4167 (resized).JPG

#13 6 years ago

Bankrupt!

#14 6 years ago

Heighway Pinball is a case and point as to why no Pinball company will ever see a single cent out of my pocket in the form of preorder $$$. Just go back and find all of the statements and intentions this company laid out over a period of years. It amounts to a mountain of deception. Sad.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The company is in transition. It will take some time before we see any movement on anything while the new owners go through things.

You have zero information allowing you to refute someone claiming total and utter negligence... the company isn't in transition, its in finanacial turmoil! It was completely driven into the ground. And the truth is we may or may not ever see any movement.

Best advice: fight to get you cash back and let them build the game on their own coin. And if they're successful, buy it when it's in a box ready to find its way to your door in a week.

Suggesting that everything needs time to be honkydory is terrible way to frame this. Don't forget, the new owners are the same people that have already started telling people that if they pull their money, they'll have to pay more to get it later.

Not good.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You have zero information allowing you to refute someone claiming total and utter negligence... the company isn't in transition, its in finanacial turmoil! It was completely driven into the ground. And the truth is we may or may not ever see any movement.
Best advice: fight to get you cash back and let them build the game on their own coin. And if they're successful, buy it when it's in a box ready to find its way to your door in a week.
Suggesting that everything needs time to be honkydory is terrible way to frame this. Don't forget, the new owners are the same people that have already started telling people that if they pull their money, they'll have to pay more to get it later.
Not good.

The new owners have only been in the trenches for a little over a week. They assumed full control of the company on June 9.

Additionally, it looks like someone received a refund yesterday:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/19#post-3821978

Other people are reporting they are communicating with the new owners, which is good.

So, considering it's not dead silence, I think you're jumping the gun slightly. They will need a few days at the very least to get situated, and take inventory of assets and accounts. Not to mention, also figuring out what marching orders they will be giving to staff.

#17 6 years ago

I don't understand your reasoning for giving the "new" owners time.

It's been stated they are far from new. They have been on this alien ride since day one. The only change, they now have full control.

Their email was a joke that clearly stated no refunds until we talk with you. It's been months for many people with no correspondence for refunds or bricked Full Throttles but you fail to mention those people and only reference one person who gained a refund.

Essentially these guys have 60 days to refund or produce the game. These guys are going to quickly ship out as many games as possible, wrong boards, no mechs, working or not etc so they can refuse the refund.

I personally feel Andrews email was a joke that pounded his chest as a hero. He did nothing but lie through his teeth for years and showed his poor ability to run a company. DP lied once, maybe twice and get confronted head on. Andrew lied every "2 weeks" and people praise him for his efforts?

I'm sure Andrew knew of his departure for weeks if not months before but he still told people all is well, kept posting empty videos of production that only looked baron of both staff and games. All to keep the lure of pre-order alive.

Pay now full production has started!

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The new owners have only been in the trenches for a little over a week. They assumed full control of the company on June 9.
Additionally, it looks like someone received a refund yesterday:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/19#post-3821978
Other people are reporting they are communicating with the new owners, which is good.
So, considering it's not dead silence, I think you're jumping the gun slightly. They will need a few days at the very least to get situated, and take inventory of assets and accounts. Not to mention, also figuring out what marching orders they will be giving to staff.

Read what the guy above wrote. I agree... and I maintain that encouraging others to believe that everything is okay - without any true inside knowledge - is irresponsible. This has been going on for years! And all of the promises Heighway made were lies... very deceptive lies... especially over the last year.

We have no real idea of who these guys are... we have no idea of what their intentions are... we have no idea if anyone at Heighway is capable of effectively making a real pinball machine on a large scale... and, we have no idea if they can do it in a way that will allow them to stay in business long enough to support the games they make.

What we do know is that after years of "production," the game is still wrought with issues, the company went into serious financial distress, and the new owners sent a pressure message for people to keep their money in.

I hope the company goes on to great things and deliver on their promises made. But no one should keep their money in. Everyone should demand cash back until the games ship FULLY assembled.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Everyone should demand cash back

I'm not. And you can't make me.

#20 6 years ago

That's you're choice and you have every right to choose how you want to proceed. I hope you have good luck.

But I think it's a mistake to start convincing others every thing is good to go.

#21 6 years ago

Thank god I didn't buy in on Aliens Pinball. I thought that the original CEO's letter on Facebook said that all changes have taken place now and the company is moving forward with production. I hope everyone who wants a refund gets one and anyone who wants the pinball gets that also.

It's certainly in the company's best interest in the long term to satisfy all customers with their requests if they want to have a future in this business where they don't have any red flags moving forward with future titles. If they screw pinheads this reboot of this company is over before it truly begins!

#22 6 years ago

This thread is a duplicate.

There is another thread concerning the new mgmt of the company that "officially" took over on June 12(?). That's FIVE days ago. People in that thread report that they have received refunds, others are still waiting, others talked to them and felt confident enough to keep their order in.

Get a refund, don't, buy, don't buy but this is all being covered in more informative detail in the other thread. ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,999 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-if-you-want-to-buy-an-alien-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.