Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jibmums
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    20130321_201129_(Small)_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ball_Shine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

OK so you are reading this because you care about your machine and don't want to damage it in any way moving it!
    That's great but the most important thing about moving anything most people forget about or just neglect, YOU.
    I'm sure you have heard it all before and are well aware of correct manual handling techniques, well so was I but like the majority of people had the mentality "been doing it for years and I'm fine" or "mate I can lift that easy".
    I suffered a workplace injury lifting a 12kg box, something I had done countless times before, it only takes that one time!
    I'm only posting this in the hope that next time you move you machines you think about damaging yourself as well as the machine.
    Just ask for help, it doesn't hurt to have an extra pair of hands and despite what you think unless you are a pro lifter nobody cares how much you can lift.
    I'm sorry if the pic offends anyone but (graphic) was in the title and a picture can say a thousand words! I only added this in the hope that you don't have to live with what I do.

BE CAREFUL PINFAMILY

20130321_201129_(Small)_(resized).jpg20130321_201129_(Small)_(resized).jpg

#12 8 years ago

Thanks guys it's been 5 years now so it's about as good as it's going to get.
    back/core stretching and exercise most important, injury or not, good advice above.
    I just posted the pic because it seems to make people think about themselves a little more when lifting.
    Pins are heavy, awkward and generally a pain in the ass to move, prevention of an injury is very easy with the right equipment and man power, just wanted you guys to think about it before you move them. Cheers all.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh man that's serious, do you have anything like Worksmans Comp over there? I had a 6000lb roll of paperboard fall on me back in '85. I got a glancing blow on my lower back and was in the hospital for 3 weeks but needed no surgery like you had but still wound up with a 19% disability out of it. I still do stuff like moving games and other things I know I shouldn't really do.
    Wishing you the best of luck.

Far out sounded like you were very lucky, yes we have workers comp but dealing with a self insured company is another story.
    Cheers, it's those things that you "shouldn't really do" are exactly what I'm talking about, get help, better to wait a little longer to play a game as you may be waiting forever if it goes pair shaped!
    Take care.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from swedishc:

I wrecked my back two months ago moving a pin. The daily pain in unbearable at times.
    I wish I would have gotten more help and would have lifted more with me legs.

That's no good I hope you have a full recovery, I know what you are feeling, hang in there and don't over do it. listen t your back and rest when you feel the need. Keep up with the exercises also. Thanks for posting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ball_Shine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-graphic-moving-machines-possible-damage?tu=Ball_Shine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.