Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ACDCpopbumperdamage1.PNG

#1 5 years ago

*Warning Graphic* - AC/DC Pro Insert Damage in-between pop bumpers

So after 1.5 years on location this is what has happened with heavy play...

ACDCpopbumperdamage1.PNG

I'm not really surprised considering the amount of play and how active the pops are in this game,
just putting a warning out there, mylar could be a very good idea for operators, long term owners,
hell any owner for that matter.

#2 5 years ago

To me this looks like something that would happen on a game this is 10+ years old like my Starship Troopers.

#3 5 years ago

Just curious, has the game paid for itself already?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Just curious, has the game paid for itself already?

Yes.

#5 5 years ago

WOW !!!!! Breaking out the mylar NOW !!

#6 5 years ago

This isn't my game (although I do have one of these on location that gets low volume of play in comparison)
it's on location in town and I do support for it.

#7 5 years ago

I have to ask......... what is the maintenance routine on the machine. Michigan rules ( clean coin and leave), or did it get a fresh coat of wax, adjustments ect ect ect every time you collected ?

***** Edit ******* ask before i seen the above post, just did not refresh in my browser.

#8 5 years ago

How many plays on that machine?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from JDubbbs:

I have to ask......... what is the maintenance routine on the machine. Michigan rules ( clean coin and leave), or did it get a fresh coat of wax, adjustments ect ect ect every time you collected ?

It's on a card swipe system (but still accepts coins on one slot).
It's kept relatively clean, never let rings break and new balls get replaced.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from JDubbbs:

or did it get a fresh coat of wax

BINGO! ....... Any of you guys newer to the hobby(not like I've been in very long) WAX the crap out of your machines! Just do it!!!!!

#12 5 years ago

Damn I thought that all sterns had mylar in the pops area? At least all of the Bally/Williams I've shopped have?

#13 5 years ago

Frankly this game holds up great overall considering how much play that it gets.
This really proves that in the best locations that games like ACDC can and will earn well.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

BINGO! ....... Any of you guys newer to the hobby(not like I've been in very long) WAX the crap out of your machines! Just do it!!!!!

I wax my machines every time i have to do maintenance on them or before a large party. Including refreshing the rubbers with cp-100.... Alcohol IMHO dries rubbers out like it does a persons hands.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I'm not really surprised considering the amount of play and how active the pops are in this game

Same.
Heck just changing the balls on a route game every 3k plays would go a looooong way.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Same.
Heck just changing the balls on a route game every 3k plays would go a looooong way.

They're changed close to that.
Maybe the new glo-balls would stop much of the wear that occurs

#17 5 years ago

Every game should have Mylar in the pops, period. Pops have always been prone to wear, and Mylar will do a better job of protection than almost anything else.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from JDubbbs:

I wax my machines every time i have to do maintenance on them or before a large party. Including refreshing the rubbers with cp-100.... Alcohol IMHO dries rubbers out like it does a persons hands.

What is cp-100 and where do I get some?

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

What is cp-100 and where do I get some?

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/CP-100

I do NOT use this on my playfields, i only use it for rubber.

#20 5 years ago

The ACDC inserts on the left side at the targets are known to chip via the cannon too

I'd Mylar the pops & the left inserts

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

So after 1.5 years on location this is what has happened with heavy play...

The Mylar is missing on that machine plus it looks dirty.

#22 5 years ago

This should be no surprise... I mean the CC is so thin in the shooter lane that it chips in hundreds of games, not thousands... so that the PF will get some insert wear in high wear areas. Not surprised.

#23 5 years ago

I am not sure why that game does not have Mylar in the pops. All of my Sterns have it.

#24 5 years ago

What kind of location is this that gets so many plays?

#25 5 years ago

i doubt wax would have prevent this, 13,000 is a lot of plays, mylar is the best solution.
another thing, does the insert's perfectly flat and how's the clear job. i'd be curious to see a premium lower playfield window after 13,000 plays.

i bet every ac/dc owners a running in the basement looking at the pop bumpers area in their machine, i'm one of them!

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from shirkle:

What kind of location is this that gets so many plays?

It's like a Dave N Busters or Game Works,
bowling/pool/restaurant/movie theater/arcade

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

The Mylar is missing on that machine ...

Quoted from DCFAN:

I am not sure why that game does not have Mylar in the pops. All of my Sterns have it.

Exactly. The game should come with mylar from the factory. Mine has it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside