Topic Stats

• 187 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by APOLLO_13
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Thickness_of_2-sided_Fiberglass_Tape_0.jpg
Boot_in_AZZZ.JPG
screen-capture-1.png
Mirror_Blade_Instruction_s_005.JPG
Mirror_Blade_Instruction_s_004.JPG
Mirror_Blade_Instruction_s_002.JPG
thumbtack.jpeg
Img114.jpg
horrible.gif
effort-november-22nd-topic-demotivatio.jpg
properyoure.jpg
wait.jpg
Napoleon-Dynamite-slaps-kip-and-runs-G.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

wdpvideo >> Will you please outline what YOUR instructions for install are?

Yes, We are about to release the video for installation.

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

And StevenP ,, It Never fail's , if B_R is Gett-n Nail'd , Yr Gonna Step -N and Help out ..

He's gunning for ya B_R!

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from dieseldogpi:

I still think it is very unclear what the problem is. Are you saying because he used double sided tape, it pushes the mirror blade closer to the playfield? You also saying using felt is not recommended as well? Just want to make it clear.

We do not recommend felt tape it will get all over the playing field. We do not like the double side tape because we have seen over time that the mirror can fall. Also, by adding a layer you take a chance on scratching the mirrors. There is nothing wrong with his installation if that want he wants to do. We just do not support it because of problems we have seen with this type of installation. We are pinball side mirrors and we have to warn of the problems. It's just much easier than answering a hundred emails. Trust me we have seen way more than this that people have tried or done. I just wish his video had a disclaimer that damage could happen if Installed this way. There's always more than one way to skin a cat. Mark seems to be a nice guy and we have nothing against him and what or how he did his. We just don't recommend it. It was our fault as we should have titled it different.

#154 6 years ago

You need to re-write your instruction sheet. Your posting here confrims it.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from jrrdw:

You need to re-write your instruction sheet. Your posting here confirms it.

...and please have someone proofread it for you.

Protected film?
Added on's?
Theses?
Playing Filed?
You Cabinet?
Repeat to the other side?
To high?
Mirrorsto?
Of the metal might spark and causes damage?

I don't know about most people, but I don't care how great the product is, poor communication skills don't translate well to high consumer confidence. I understand if you're originally from another country or something, as my family is, but there are plenty of people that you probably do business with as a supplier(if not within you're own company) that can help you out with proofreading your instruction sheet.

Just trying to help by bringing it to your attention. That's all.

#156 6 years ago

Mark,

We will be sending you the new product for free that we are releasing at the Texas Pinball Festival. You can use it and make a video on it. Heck if you hate it you can sell it on E-bay and make a buck.
If we over stepped our boundaries with you, we are sorry. We did not intend on this thread to turn into a bashing session. We just have a product that we want to make sure people love. We have kept cost low, so that people can buy them. We love pinball just like everyone else. Please forgive us if you felt like we were targeting your video. It was nothing personal and we will not be posting in this tread again.

Marty
Pinball Side Mirrors

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Mark,

We will be sending you the new product for free that we are releasing at the Texas Pinball Festival. You can use it and make a video on it. Heck if you hate it you can sell it on E-bay and make a buck.
If we over stepped our boundaries with you, we are sorry. We did not intend on this thread to turn into a bashing session. We just have a product that we want to make sure people love. We have kept cost low, so that people can buy them. We love pinball just like everyone else. Please forgive us if you felt like we were targeting your video. It was nothing personal and we will not be posting in this tread again.

Marty
Pinball Side Mirrors

Now, can we all have a drink?

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

We will be sending you the new product for free

Send me a set and all is forgiven.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Send me a set and all is forgiven.

+1 lol

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Now, can we all have a drink?

As soon as Marty agrees to stop saying "playing field" instead of "playfield".

#161 6 years ago

This thread is starting to look like a "Blue waffle "

#162 6 years ago

We do not like the double side tape because we have seen over time that the mirror can fall. Also, by adding a layer you take a chance on scratching the mirrors.

Adding a layer , Yea !! ......

I Don't call .004 of an inch a layer . You've been a Real Benefactor for CoinTaker with yr Stunt

I'm Glad you Don't Step in on my Led video's and Thread's ....

Thickness_of_2-sided_Fiberglass_Tape_0.jpg Thickness_of_2-sided_Fiberglass_Tape_0.jpg Thickness_of_2-sided_Fiberglass_Tape_0.jpg Thickness_of_2-sided_Fiberglass_Tape_0.jpg

#163 6 years ago

What is that fancy device you got there B_R .

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

What is that fancy device you got there B_R .

I bet 2/10 americans couldnt identify that, but probably 9/10 pinsiders could.

#165 6 years ago

I had my word's wrote out and was waiting for the pict's to load and 5 Post's came in No Tyme ..

Man , You Don't owe me Nothing , I just Don't like having my Toes Stepped on when I was try-n to help out . I've been Sponsoring CoinTaker for 3 1/2 yr's Now and i will continue to If you haven't done Screwed that up 4-me..

It a Dam Good thing the Chinese Folks don't jump on Thread's when an Led is Smack talked ..

If I make it to the TPF , I'll be w/ CoinTaker and we Will meet .. Till March ,, Later

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Adding a layer , Yea !! ......

I Don't call .004 of an inch a layer . You've been a Real Benefactor for CoinTaker with yr Stunt

I'm Glad you Don't Step in on my Led video's and Thread's ....

Damn, you talk about attention to detail. I havn't used that tool since my last brake job!

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I bet 2/10 americans couldnt identify that, but probably 9/10 pinsiders could.

I think more of america knows what that is than you think. My wife uses those at work all the time so even she knows what that is. I've used them plenty over the years at factories.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I think more of america knows what that is than you think. My wife uses those at work all the time so even she knows what that is. I've used them plenty over the years at factories.

I doubt that as about half our population doesnt even work anymore

#169 6 years ago

StevenP your playfield slamming comment is idiotic. Have you actually tried to reseat a Sega/Stern playfield? You have to get over the (overly huge IMO) hump in the back that's used to allow the playfield to prop up. Mid to late 90s Segas are a bear.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I think more of america knows what that is than you think.

Its a fricken micrometer!

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wrong ,, Dial Caliper ... I Hope this Thread Is Finished Now.. The mod's should lock it .....

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I doubt that as about half our population doesnt even work anymore

Sad but true.Hopefully that will change out of necessity.

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

If there's a 'slam' video out there (like in B_R's video), this is what NOT to do! KCpf explained it well. (was I not clear?) Honestly, I wouldn't want anyone slamming playfields in on my games! Sure sign of someone who doesn't really know their way around a pin.
Fun thing to try: Open up the main pages for rgp (rgp archive or newsreader of your choice) and Pinside forums. Scan the latest topics on each. Notice a qualitative difference? I do. Consistently. As I noted, I read and post here for amusement. I read rgp for more substantive info. (Yes, there is *some* decent info posted here, but I see more instances of bad pinball practices (lubricating spinners with oil? slamming apf in?) than on rgp, where more knowledgeable/experienced contributors seem to dominate the tech discussions. For example, I can't recall when I saw someone whining on rgp because their recent purchase was now selling NIB for less than what they paid. oh, *snap*!

Here is your "slam video" direct from Stern Pinball:

#174 6 years ago

You have to slam/bounce it over the hump as shown in the video.

#175 6 years ago

i think the op is just a little jealous that someone made a video before him. there is no better version, some playfield need screws and no tape and some do. it's all up to the buyers to do what ever is necessary depending on the PLAYFIELD and what he think is best and i think B_R's version is good and he gave us an option.

Op's instruction said if we need too we can use tape, B_R's using tape so whats the prob?
if you suggest it why its not included with your kit? if one day you do well... i wont know cause you don't ship to canada, why? i guess our money is not good enough.

instead of this thread pointing at someone (yes pointing at B_R, cause he's the one in the video and you said it wasn't the case... hmmm).
like others said, just post your video saying this is our version... thats it!

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Wrong ,, Dial Caliper ...

As those of us who reload ammo and play pinball know

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

This thread is starting to look like a "Blue waffle

I just Googled what this meant, and some pictures popped up.

I looked too long and burnt my retinas.

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I just Googled what this meant, and some pictures popped up.

I looked too long and burnt my retinas.

lol yummy

#179 6 years ago

Oh no! Not the blue waffle!
Anything but that!

#180 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

centerflank said:
I think more of america knows what that is than you think.

Whoooh, Ididnt say that! LOL! Close this crazy thread Its getting out of hand.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

This thread is starting to look like a "Blue waffle "

just threw up in my mouth a little bit

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Wrong ,, Dial Caliper ... I Hope this Thread Is Finished Now.. The mod's should lock it .....

Sorry BR, sometimes I use it when I can't get my regular micrometer in tight spaces! I'm a fricken auto mechanic, and to my knowledge a dial caliper IS a fricken micrometer!

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

ยป YouTube video

I coulda swore by the looks of it that was an 8" model in the video!

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

We are posting this as a WARNING!...

OP: how do you recommend buffing any subsequent scratches out of your product?

#186 6 years ago

I think the OP had rather poor taste in calling out a fellow Pinsider
on one of his you tube vids,
Black Rose has been on the site for a long time and has done much good
I'm locking this topic out now
if I was around when it was first posted I would of deleted it

#187 6 years ago

Guts, balls or ignorance... I don't know which it is, but are you serious with this post OP?
you lost more than 1 customer when you approached this topic the way you did...
and offering free mystery crap to make up for it is just plain slimy IMHO.
I suggest that next time you don't outright attack someone for a differing opinion in an open post.
you need to pm the person you might have an issue with, especially as a "business man" trying to peddle your wares.
I won't be buying any of your products I can tell you that.
Mark is a stand up guy and was showing his method of attaching a blade...
not your way? make your own video... or put a disclaimer on your "instruction sheet" stating any other method of instalation other than the one shown here will void any warranty this product carries. He does not have to make a claim in his video... It's his way of doing it, and if he screws it up it's on him... don't attack someone who is at least trying to do something useful for the hobby.
I for one appreciate what he's doing... and cannot say the same for you sir.
good day... I said, good day.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 189.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside