thumbtack.jpeg
Img114.jpg
horrible.gif
effort-november-22nd-topic-demotivatio.jpg
properyoure.jpg
wait.jpg
Napoleon-Dynamite-slaps-kip-and-runs-G.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 11 years ago

We are posting this as a WARNING! We did post on youtube but the maker of the video blocked us and removed our posting, So we are posting here to protect our customers. This video was posted on youtube.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/biught-3-pins-2-day-08-fg-ngg-bop-b_r/page/2

You can NOT work on your machine very easy if you do it this way. You will damage your mirrors if you do it this way. Not all machines are created equal and the playing filed may not be as forgiving. Especially in older Williams, Dataeast machines or older Sterns.
The felt added to the playing field will break down and you will get sticky all over your playing field. We have already done all this testing before we ever sold to the public. Also, when you add to the back of the mirror you push it closer to the playing field and risk scratching the mirror. Not to mention the fact that removing the mirrors to work on the machine is much harder to do. Or if you sell your machine and want to put them in another. We do not mind people giving their ideas and we will test. You guys are more than welcome to post anything here and we will not remove it. If it works for you great but please keep in mind, they may not own your type of machine. FYI: We have already shot a video of installation and it will release with our new website in the next 2 to 3 weeks. We have found #1 failure of installation: Not reading the instructions. People see the 3 screw holes (which are below the playing field and can not be see at all) and they just go to town. We seen and heard it all. From installing them backwards, to not pulling the backing off before installing them. Please just read the instructions.
Also, We will be introducing a new sweet product line at the Texas Pinball Show. Hope to see you there. FYI: it can be done this way we just do not recommend it...

#2 11 years ago

It's about to get interesting............

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

It's about to get interesting............

you read my mind...

my coworkers are gonna wonder what the hell I'm doing bringing a big bucket of popcorn to my cubicle @ 7am

#5 11 years ago

Just a heads up to the op. the guy posting the video is a regular member here on pinside. I'm not going to put him out there but he will be awake soon and will no doubt have an opinion. Lol.

#6 11 years ago

I'm going to go pop me some popcorn and watch the show!

#7 11 years ago

For all you Pinside addicts, this is going to be better than the a Championship UFC fight at Hooters............More Popcorn please!!!!!!!

#8 11 years ago

Oh boy first the remark about the dog and now this. This should be good.

#9 11 years ago

I thought the same thing immediately when I saw this.

#10 11 years ago

I would like to see your installation video. It would be interesting to see how different they are. Do you remove the PF in your video? If its done it would be a good idea to post it. You should fight misinformation with the correct information.

Is misinformation a word?

#11 11 years ago

mmmm... popcorn

Jimmy_bieber_Popcorn_cu-thumb-350x197-.gifJimmy_bieber_Popcorn_cu-thumb-350x197-.gif

#12 11 years ago

It not to start a fight its to protect the game. We do not remove the playing field We will not remove his post and he is more than welcome to post. We are big boys we can handle it.

#13 11 years ago

Look what you have gone and done Mark...

#14 11 years ago

We're just messing around a little. He's a reasonable guy............

#15 11 years ago

I feel like it's waiting for the sleeping giant to awaken...

#16 11 years ago

What did he do that you are against? This is not clear.

Are you anti adding felt? Please explain as expecting us to watch the video is a bit much.

I like Black Rose a lot though this video is long. So can you please just write up the steps you recommend on installing the mirrors

#17 11 years ago

The suspense is terrible...I hope it will last....

#18 11 years ago

Is misinformation a word?

yes.

eg: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/misinformation

and now, fight time.

Napoleon-Dynamite-slaps-kip-and-runs-G.gifNapoleon-Dynamite-slaps-kip-and-runs-G.gif

#20 11 years ago

Thanks for your post. Helping people do things the right way to these expensive games is admirable.... Especially since all the people who have already posted knows what's coming.

Just keep your cool and remain rational, you'll be fine.

#21 11 years ago

One thing that is clear in the post is to Read and Follow the installation instructions. Anything else is not recommended and probably not covered under warranty.

#22 11 years ago

I have come to the conclusion that Black Rose needs subtitles!!!

Sorry BR ... just having fun. Rock on.

Brian

#23 11 years ago

I am new to pinside and I am thinking about putting blades into my game soon. Can you please tell me who you are with? Are you the manufacurer of the blades that he used? What is the proper way to put the blades in? Can you provide more information for a new member like myself? Thanks

#24 11 years ago

BR, someone is calling you to the "playing field" .... They want to play
Na, all jokes aside wpdvideo BR is very well respected around here and well... I don't know you or anything about you, but I will bet my left nut that BR knows more about pinball than you.

Think you might be in over your head here. Sorry

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from mickthepin:

BR, someone is calling you to the "playing field" .... They want to play
Na, all jokes aside wpdvideo BR is very well respected around here and well... I don't know you or anything about you, but I will bet my left nut that BR knows more about pinball than you.
Think you might be in over your head here. Sorry

Ummm....I think he's the manufacturer of the blades.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What did he do that you are against? This is not clear.
Are you anti adding felt? Please explain as expecting us to watch the video is a bit much.
I like Black Rose a lot though this video is long. So can you please just write up the steps you recommend on installing the mirrors

The instructions are in the bag just as he describes. Here's my issues we get calls from people who install theses. You can install them anyway you want. It's your machine, We have seen two units come back that we're bent to heck on the installation. They should never be forced into a machine. Theses are simple to install. Another company that sells theses recommends you pre drill your holes. Why? Some people could go all the way threw the cabinet. Why make that a problem?
Here's what I will tell you. His way will work but we have seen problems with people who have done it this way. When they scratch and they will or you get glue all over you playing field from the felt then don't call us complaining because we didn't say anything. He's not wrong! We just do not recommend this at all because of what we know and have seen. Heck the other company will sell you the felt if your that heart felt about it. We do not nor do we recommend it. If you know anything about pinballs and I can reassure you that you do. The playing field differ from one game to another. And what come out of a home and a off a route can be different. We just want our buyers to be aware of that. I am going to pull a Tylenol ad that you may have seen. We just soon you not buy the product, than to tear up a high dollar machine.

#27 11 years ago

Yep looked at the other posts now, just jumped in on the frenzy. Sorry

Still that being said .......fight,fight,fight

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from kingfishtr:

I am new to pinside and I am thinking about putting blades into my game soon. Can you please tell me who you are with? Are you the manufacurer of the blades that he used? What is the proper way to put the blades in? Can you provide more information for a new member like myself? Thanks

Yes we are the manufacturing company. You can buy threw cointaker online. They are a great bunch and will help you. Also, we will have machines to look at, at Texas Pinball Festival.

#29 11 years ago

Can't wait !!!! Almost time for the show !!!!

#30 11 years ago

Is proof reading too much to ask? Ever heard the term lost in translation? Just sayin'

#31 11 years ago

waiting lol.

wait.jpgwait.jpg

#32 11 years ago

Lmao !!!

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Is proof reading too much to ask? Ever heard the term lost in translation? Just sayin'

If you're that smart and considerate then I doubt you'd take the time to post that and act all superior. It took me 2 seconds to comprehend the OP's posts. less time it took either of us to post these replies. If we could only be as perfect as you.

#34 11 years ago

0_0

#35 11 years ago

wdpvideo >> Will you please outline what YOUR instructions for install are?

#36 11 years ago

Pyro, is your avatar a picture of Chip Chipperson or something...tssss...tssss.

#37 11 years ago

I'm bored, when's the show starting?

#38 11 years ago

jwwhite15 said:

If you're that smart and considerate then I doubt you'd take the time to post that and act all superior. It took me 2 seconds to comprehend the OP's posts. less time it took either of us to post these replies. If we could only be as perfect as you.

properyoure.jpgproperyoure.jpg

#39 11 years ago

Thanks for the info, I think everyone here can appreciate it.

'Fighting Not Necessary'

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

Pyro, is your Avatar a picture of Chip Chipperson or something...tssss...tssss.

Yea, Lamar took the photo, we took a trip to comicalcons after he finished up fixing my muthas bedroom.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from pinij93:

Oh boy first the remark about the dog and now this. This should be good.

What remark? Did I miss something?

#43 11 years ago

I never seen an instruction video on installation of these, until B.R. took the time to do it!

#44 11 years ago

I don't see anything wrong with the video. Its just his way of installing mirror blades. The only thing I find wrong with the video is that its boring as hell! At least he got a tripod. His previous hand held video would give me Vertigo.

#45 11 years ago

effort-november-22nd-topic-demotivatio.jpgeffort-november-22nd-topic-demotivatio.jpg

#46 11 years ago

We are posting this as a WARNING! We did post on youtube but the maker of the video blocked us and removed our posting, So we are posting here to protect our customers. This video was posted on youtube.
» YouTube video
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/biught-3-pins-2-day-08-fg-ngg-bop-b_r/page/2
You can NOT work on your machine very easy if you do it this way. You will damage your mirrors if you do it this way. Not all machines are created equal and the playing filed may not be as forgiving. Especially in older Williams, Dataeast machines or older Sterns.
The felt added to the playing field will break down and you will get sticky all over your playing field. We have already done all this testing before we ever sold to the public. Also, when you add to the back of the mirror you push it closer to the playing field and risk scratching the mirror. Not to mention the fact that removing the mirrors to work on the machine is much harder to do. Or if you sell your machine and want to put them in another. We do not mind people giving their ideas and we will test. You guys are more than welcome to post anything here and we will not remove it. If it works for you great but please keep in mind, they may not own your type of machine. FYI: We have already shot a video of installation and it will release with our new website in the next 2 to 3 weeks. We have found #1 failure of installation: Not reading the instructions. People see the 3 screw holes (which are below the playing field and can not be see at all) and they just go to town. We seen and heard it all. From installing them backwards, to not pulling the backing off before installing them. Please just read the instructions.
Also, We will be introducing a new sweet product line at the Texas Pinball Show. Hope to see you there. FYI: it can be done this way we just do not recommend it...

May I suggest the burger method:

horrible.gifhorrible.gif

#47 11 years ago

this thread was all hype

#48 11 years ago

BR is probably not even awake yet. His hours of operation are something like 10am till 3-4am eastern. Wait for it!!!

#49 11 years ago

I still think it is very unclear what the problem is. Are you saying because he used double sided tape, it pushes the mirror blade closer to the playfield? You also saying using felt is not recommended as well? Just want to make it clear.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from dieseldogpi:

I still think it is very unclear what the problem is. Are you saying because he used double sided tape, it pushes the mirror blade closer to the playfield? You also saying using felt is not recommended as well? Just want to make it clear.

I think both. the felt wears and ends up rubbing against the blades. and both reduce clearance between the cabinet and PF. but OP hopefully will make it more clear.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-do-not-do-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.