Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ccotenj
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

On July 16th Dave purchased a power supply board from me, and he received it on the 19th. He contacted me the next day asking to return it as his “tech” said he had an MPU problem: Hello..Im contacting you for a return..I got the board this morning and my pinball tech said I needed a cpu board not a power supply board ( my mistake.. I'll be returning this postage paid with insurance Monday..do I need another address to send this back to you ..lmk..thx..dave
    We had a little discussion as I tried to figure out his MPU issue, but did agree to the refund less the stated restocking fee to cover postage. The board was returned about a week later and refund was given to him on July 29th.

Fast Forward to September 10th when I received a credit card chargeback for this as “The buyer claims the item was either damaged or not as described.” I tried to contact Dave three times with no reply. He is still actively buying, recently buying Comet insert decals on September 18th. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he made a mistake and would correct until I woke up this morning to an email from PayPal saying the credit card company was pursuing the claim.

It’s a small amount of money, but what he’s doing is wrong. I don’t fault PayPal or the credit card companies, only Dave for filing this false claim.

Post edited by TigerLaw25 : Took out the email address from title

#3 10 years ago

I'm pursuing it, yes. Unfortunately at the mercy of the credit card companies to "make a decision", which as the escalation email explained this morning, could take 75 days. Dave has the ability to stop it and avoid this, but has chosen not to.

#5 10 years ago

All that is already done, but the hassle is still there, thus the warning. If it was a simple mistake, it would have been cancelled by Dave himself as soon as he realized his error.

#10 10 years ago

To update anyone who cares, Dave has emailed me and while he claims he didn't file the dispute, and never received any emails, I hope that this will lead to an earlier closure than waiting another 75 days for the credit card companies to "make a decision".

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toddsvec.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warning-bad-buyer-dave-padilla-of-tucson-arizona-email-davepaisteaolcom?tu=toddsvec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.