Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5CB0858B-45DC-4C7E-9416-731BA01CE26F (resized).jpeg
    100_0052 (resized).JPG
    100_0055 (resized).JPG
    100_0103 (resized).JPG
    100_0104 (resized).JPG
    100_0101 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sealawyer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hey fellow modders, I have a #TAF that I just installed CoinTaker.com’s frosted LED backbox kit on. I really like the added brightness, and CoinTaker’s kit was nice (prompt shipping, clear instructions, good price).

HOWEVER, I’m not thrilled with how much whiter the backbox is now. Very “cool” white instead of being warm like the original bulbs. Is there an LED kit that gives me the brightness of LEDs with the color of the original bulbs?

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from pintime:

Does your kit have all the super bulbs ? I bought a backbox kit from them and it was all super bulbs and i didn't like how it looked.I sent them back and they replaced the super bulbs with mini bulbs . That was the only kit i ever bought they just don't work for what i like

I confess, I don't know the difference between super and non-super. I got #4 on this page:

https://cointaker.com/products/copy-of-3-1993-indiana-jones-led-kit-w-frosted-leds

Why it's under an IJ URL, I don't know.

1 week later
    #15 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

One question not looked into for your post, is your Translite.
    TAF Translites had some aftermarket ones made, that are thinner in material and white backing.
    A 1 SMD 5050 Bulb, like you received in your kit, might be "brighter" and wash out the art,
    then the same bulb would show on an original translite.
    Step 1, is to determine which version you have, to know what bulbs are best.
    Posting a picture, might help.
    If its the White in the lightning area that bothers you, one can mix warm, sunlight,
    or even a few purple or orange to taste,

Finally posting an image of my translite. Hadn’t heard back from CoinTaker before I ordered some sunlight frosted from Comet. I have to say, the sunlight frosted look AMAZING! My biggest objection on the natural white was in the chandelier and the faces of Morticia and Gomez. Ultimately, I think I’ll go with a handful of the natural white (like for the lightning and a couple of the darker spots), with sunlight for everything else. CT did get back to me, apologizing for having been tied up with a show, which is understandable. They offered to swap for the warmer. But as I said, I’d already gotten the sunlight from Comet. I ordered a couple of the warm from Comet too, but it’s a little too yellow. Sunlight is perfect!

5CB0858B-45DC-4C7E-9416-731BA01CE26F (resized).jpeg5CB0858B-45DC-4C7E-9416-731BA01CE26F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sealawyer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warm-white-led-upgrade?tu=sealawyer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.