(Topic ID: 119903)

Warm vs. Cool LEDs on BriteCaps EVO

By calico1997

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Photo Mar 08, 9 32 39 AM.jpg
    Photo Mar 08, 9 41 02 AM.jpg
    Photo Feb 28, 7 57 33 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 28, 7 57 12 PM.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

I just got in some comparison samples of the new BriteCaps EVO LEDs for pop bumpers from Pinball Life company. Warm White is a new option now on their web site and it is really interesting to see these side by side. Digital cameras make it difficult to capture the true colors. But you can still see what a cool white vs. warm white LED does for example, on the pictured "purple" pop bumper cap. If my game has "old timey" styling to it, I'm definitely going to use warm whites.

Photo Feb 28, 7 57 12 PM.jpgPhoto Feb 28, 7 57 12 PM.jpg
    Photo Feb 28, 7 57 33 PM.jpgPhoto Feb 28, 7 57 33 PM.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Is that a fair comparison? Can you see the pop from the top like that?

LEDs are brightest looking head on. From the side it would look different...no? I guess it depends where the pop is in the game too.
    faz

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for the comparison! I was looking to put a purple cap in my STTNG. Do you have a purple Evo for another comparison?

1 week later
    #4 9 years ago
    Quoted from Da_Topper:

Thanks for the comparison! I was looking to put a purple cap in my STTNG. Do you have a purple Evo for another comparison?

I guess if I am showing color differences with a purple cap, I should then show it with purple LEDs for comparison. I feel bad that my camera just can't capture the real color and look of LEDs. They're much better looking than these pictures show. (shown with and with purple cap)

Photo Mar 08, 9 41 02 AM.jpgPhoto Mar 08, 9 41 02 AM.jpg

Photo Mar 08, 9 32 39 AM.jpgPhoto Mar 08, 9 32 39 AM.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warm-vs-cool-leds-on-britecaps-evo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.