(Topic ID: 96615)

Warlok club. Let's see if we can get our membership up to 412 members!

By Caucasian2Step

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by MadMaxDad
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2786 (resized).JPEG
IMG_2785 (resized).JPEG
IMG_4041 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4040 (resized).jpeg
AD00EC2B-4B59-4819-9FF6-74010B53EB0A (resized).jpeg
930961A2-F904-4938-8301-11A60BF89C42 (resized).jpeg
ACE0149F-F85F-467D-B068-6EC6D77F936C (resized).jpeg
2BF05E1D-7EE6-483F-B54C-E94BE954470B (resized).jpeg
8BDAE427-2CD3-4836-B32F-2502FB95DB3B (resized).jpeg
2AEACC5F-21E8-4886-A5FA-4072939E5EA8 (resized).jpeg
08AC18B2-E7F9-49FD-A7AD-0ADA54CE9B87 (resized).jpeg
4D257035-5213-49B8-A2C9-2512F2A807CB (resized).jpeg
077E1A21-F1A2-41F6-9D39-3B298CAB54C8 (resized).jpeg
1BE9E9B0-C357-4D4C-8B40-B2AE269C16F5 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5693 (resized).jpg
IMG_5701 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Caucasian2Step.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

After finding a couple of copies of this game with local collectors, I put this game on my want list. One of the other local collectors found a copy of this game a few states away. After making the purchase I finally got to the seller a few months later on the 4th of July weekend. 800 miles each way was a long way, but the quest for this game has been a fun one. When I bought the game, I knew it didn't have a BG and was missing plastics. One of the local collectors gave me his second BG that wasn't in as good shape and I'm talking to the other collector for some scans of plastics to be made with another local pinhead who owns a printing shop. A few connectors need to be replaced and there are some spots on the pF that need to be touched up, but this thing plays great and I look forward to sessioning it out thoroughly.

Thank you to all the people who helped with this acquisition and it's time to play more pinball!

Warlok.JPGWarlok.JPG
#8 9 years ago

The Layout between Blackout and Warlok has a general layout that is similar, but there are some small and a few big differences that add up to a much better playing game.

Small:
1) Layout. Warlok replaces the saucer in the middle right hand side of the PF with a bonus collect gate.
2) I actually prefer the bank of standups on the left hand side of Blackout as compared to Warlok, but this is a very minor consideration in the terms of overall design as the bumper ledge below the "1" bank starts that ever so deadly side to side arching of the ball's path.
3) Flipper arrangement. The Kubin/Kirk connection is known for their wide spacing with a post in between. This game has it and your flipper skills need to be adjusted accordingly.

Big:
1) The rules. These are much better. The whole build and collect bonus with strong play during as well as at the end of a ball makes this the kind of game that you never really beat (consider the best Bally games of this era). Between that and the middle drop target lighting up for the extra ball when 1-2-3 are all in line on the bonus ladder. all 14 shots on the PF have a purpose and the balance of the game is incredibly well managed. I passed on a Blackout, not a problem. Finding a Warlok was one of the more difficult things I have had to pin-quest for. And frankly, I got lucky as someone else told me about the one I ended up buying. Blackout you can flair and still have a pretty good game. Warlok requires tactical considerations, solid timing and sniper skills.

Wishlist:
Voices and multiball and an art package that doesn't look like poot. I'm going to try to make a BG (and maybe a plastic set) based off of my Heavy Metal/ Moebius collection (http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=5175&picno=32570 and http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4576&picno=11434 for examples). Constantino Mitchell should be gurned out for ripping off the mighty Steranko. Nick Fury is upset that his image was bltantly ripped off of the cover of Agent of shield #6

For me, Blackout is a good game, Warlok is a much better one.

shield 1.6.jpgshield 1.6.jpg
blackoutsteranko.jpgblackoutsteranko.jpg

3 years later
#28 6 years ago

Just traded mine out in a multiple game deal. Looking for another one!

C2S

#33 6 years ago

I am getting a minty 4 million bc and some dinero. That and I'm helping another pinhead realize their dream of owning a barracora. My pinball karma is good with all of that.

Pass it along!

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

new nickname:
Jesus.

Thank you, but no.

I play pinball on Sundays!

1 month later
#42 6 years ago

Between the two, Warlok is the far superior player. The layout is very similar, but the Stern Flipper gap and THE RULES make the difference. I'm looking for another one already!

1 year later
#53 4 years ago

I do not know if the pop caps have been repro’d. You may be able to go with a set of 3 similar caps and most would not notice.

Have fun playing this game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Caucasian2Step.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warlok-club-lets-see-if-we-can-get-our-membership-up-to-412-members?tu=Caucasian2Step and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.