2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by tmontana
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170407_161948 (resized).jpg
    20170407_161940 (resized).jpg
    20170407_161825 (resized).jpg
    20170407_161829 (resized).jpg
    20170407_161820 (resized).jpg
    20170407_161808 (resized).jpg
    20170407_161813 (resized).jpg
    20170407_153609 (resized).jpg
    20170407_161802 (resized).jpg
    20170407_161755 (resized).jpg
    20170331_144525 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6942 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6943 (resized).JPG

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

I just got a quote back for $251 for will-call/pick-up at a shipping terminal. So--total would be $1351.

Sure wish I could find one for $450 on CL...

#52 2 years ago

I didn't make it out there this morning. Friggin prescrip cough syrup with codiene apparently paralyzed me for 8 hours.

#53 2 years ago

I really like mine, it has come in very handy over the last couple of years. It was a CL find for 800 I think. I just ordered the toe plate, the big wheel and an extra winding strap from Larry (flipnout1). Even so, without those I have used it a couple dozen times. One added value is that it is not a pinball only tool. When friends relocate it is very useful to move refrigerators, oven/stoves, air conditioning units, washers and dryers. Most recently we used it to remove a dead water heater from a basement. Now of course all of these things could have been done manually. laughs, I have probably moved all of these things by hand at one time or another. Maybe it's because I'm getting older but I really notice the difference it makes at the end of a long moving day. That's usually the time when people are more prone to slips, losing their grip or having some manner of mishap. The Escalera efficiently climbs things up the steps and out the door without getting tired. Then it's time for beer and pizza! As such, knowing what a benefit it is I would happily pay double my original cost.

#54 2 years ago

#55 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

a new battery is $80

About half that on Amazon.

#56 2 years ago

They still have not replied on a package deal yet. Wonder how many they really have in stock

#57 2 years ago

Figure out how much it will cost you $$$$ to take 3 days off work from a sore back or shoulder, then add in your medical deductibles, then your out of pocket expenses if you get hurt or get long term physical damage from moving these damn machines. Then figure in your worst case scenario....surgery for a herniated disk and 1 to 6 months off work, or surgery for a torn rotator cuff at 1 to 12 months off work. I am not kidding....I have been through both of them (4 times on the rotator) though not due to moving pinball machines.

Now I ask you seriously. When you get injured do you think you will wish you had spent $1600 with Larry for a new escalera or even less for a new one that needs a battery? If you cannot actually afford the cost of having one can you not split the cost of it with a friend or two? If your answer is no good luck with that plan. If you have no stairs to move a game up and down I can understand your decision.

But shit still happens when you buy used games from people with stairs. That will come back to haunt you later on in life when you are complaining that you cannot afford to take time off work, or pay for the surgeries you will need to repair your body so you can work to feed your family. Consider it cheap insurance. And I say it is cheap because the resale on these units is fantastic. So why take a chance guys? Especially those of us who are not 35 years old anymore.

Please take care of yourselves and look for opportunities like this to save pain, financial burdens, and allow you the opportunity to enjoy the golden years with your grandchildren.

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

They still have not replied on a package deal yet. Wonder how many they really have in stock

I am interested in knowing the terms of purchasing one in a package deal.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

I am interested in knowing the terms of purchasing one in a package deal.

Me too ..... starting with a price which should not be that difficult. Did not get that far but if they do I would relay the savings if payment could be made somehow direct and all at once to them and shipped here for pick up at the show.

Wishful thinking but ya never know.

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

Figure out how much it will cost you $$$$ to take 3 days off work from a sore back or shoulder, then add in your medical deductibles, then your out of pocket expenses if you get hurt or get long term physical damage from moving these damn machines. Then figure in your worst case scenario....surgery for a herniated disk and 1 to 6 months off work, or surgery for a torn rotator cuff at 1 to 12 months off work. I am not kidding....I have been through both of them (4 times on the rotator) though not due to moving pinball machines.
    Now I ask you seriously. When you get injured do you think you will wish you had spent $1600 with Larry for a new escalera or even less for a new one that needs a battery? If you cannot actually afford the cost of having one can you not split the cost of it with a friend or two? If your answer is no good luck with that plan. If you have no stairs to move a game up and down I can understand your decision.
    But shit still happens when you buy used games from people with stairs. That will come back to haunt you later on in life when you are complaining that you cannot afford to take time off work, or pay for the surgeries you will need to repair your body so you can work to feed your family. Consider it cheap insurance. And I say it is cheap because the resale on these units is fantastic. So why take a chance guys? Especially those of us who are not 35 years old anymore.
    Please take care of yourselves and look for opportunities like this to save pain, financial burdens, and allow you the opportunity to enjoy the golden years with your grandchildren.

I bought my Lectro-Truck 12 years ago (as good as an Escalara, imo, but nothing wrong with either) and called it my "wife-saver" as her helping me move a 300# Bally slot almost killed her. No more of that. A great purchase.

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Me too ..... starting with a price which should not be that difficult. Did not get that far but if they do I would relay the savings if payment could be made somehow direct and all at once to them and shipped here for pick up at the show.
    Wishful thinking but ya never know.

Pick-up at the Allentown show would be convenient, for sure.

#62 2 years ago

My biggest thing is that I don't *need* it at the moment so it would be a purchase for future use after I get out of the rental crap. Its hard to justify $1380 shipped as an investment of sorts when I'm trying to keep banking money.

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from 20eyes:

My biggest thing is that I don't *need* it at the moment so it would be a purchase for future use after I get out of the rental crap. Its hard to justify $1380 shipped as an investment of sorts when I'm trying to keep banking money.

Yeah, I'm hemming and hawing on it myself. I don't *need* one right now, but there are several instances where I've hauled games out of basements when I wish I had one.

1 week later
    #64 2 years ago

Did anyone buy one of these?

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

They are handy and make the job 100x easier, but not worth buying unless you move pinball machines all day, every day.

This is totally 100% wrong, lol. I use mine like once every few months but it is worth its weight in gold to not have to:

hurt my back
    have to line up a friend to move it into my basemen
    have to line up another friend to move the next game out of my basement
    be able to go pick up any game from any location on my own at any time

It's probably made me money from all the games I bought where I wouldn't have been able to without it. Plus you can move fridges, washing machines, etc super easy. I used mine (non escalera) to hang up a basketball goal by lifting a 250 pound backglass into the back of a truck.

I would NEVER EVER EVER sell mine. My biggest regret is that I didn't buy one sooner.

#66 2 years ago

I never heard back from them.... Also a fellow pinsider tries to make a deal with them. They kept saying they were , then they were not refurbed. They would find a battery to test. Not getting a warm and fuzzy.

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from 20eyes:

I'm kinda tempted to get one after seeing Eric_S use his. Doesn't seem like they are for sale used real often.
    Sticker shock is the big thing but I'm not going to get any younger. My back may think of this as an investment so I can still move when I'm old.
    Curious about what people local to this place find out.

I bought my Escalera used off ebay about 5-6 years ago for ~$1100. It came with the "tripod" wheels and big wheels attachment. It is the tallest one they make (I wish it was about a foot shorter).

Anyway, best pinball-related investment I ever made. This is VERY cheap compared to one back surgery.

I realized that if I blew out my back moving a game, I was pretty much done as a pinball collector. They work great and if anyone is on the fence, I've never met anyone who bought one and regretted it. Plus, they hold their value pretty well too if you want to sell it.

#68 2 years ago

I bought one these. When it arrived the small belt was broken. Contacted them and they sent me a new one in 2 days. Just got it home and am charging it. Battery and charger are not new. Escalera is in decent shape, some rust on the plate, dents in a few spots.
    Will update once I get the battery fully charged.

20170331_144525 (resized).jpg

20170407_161755 (resized).jpg

20170407_161802 (resized).jpg

20170407_153609 (resized).jpg

20170407_161813 (resized).jpg

20170407_161808 (resized).jpg

20170407_161820 (resized).jpg

20170407_161829 (resized).jpg

20170407_161825 (resized).jpg

20170407_161940 (resized).jpg

20170407_161948 (resized).jpg

#69 2 years ago

I have had one of these for about 10 years...

Since I moved 3 years ago I have not used it once since I don't have a flight of stairs to get games up and down once.

Mine has the big wheel attachment, as well as the "forklift" attachment with the platform plus an extra auto-rewind strap for a total of 2. Super easy to load games onto, etc.

I love the thing but I have been considering selling it for a while now. The battery is in excellent shape. It has always been on the fully automatic charger and never run dead.

What do you guys think this is worth with the extra attachments? I just looked on Escalera's site and they still sell my exact model - RLA-EW. Totals $3355.00 + shipping with the optional stuff I have.

Thanks,
    Michael

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

Will update once I get the battery fully charged.

Battery charged up and everything appears to be working as expected. Haven't had a chance to test it with an actual machine on there yet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 499.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 999.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 32.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 179.99
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 329.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 159.00
    $ 17.50
    Hardware
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside