(Topic ID: 184052)

Warehouse rack used escaleras

By hoby1

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170407_161948 (resized).jpg
    20170407_161940 (resized).jpg
    20170407_161825 (resized).jpg
    20170407_161829 (resized).jpg
    20170407_161820 (resized).jpg
    20170407_161808 (resized).jpg
    20170407_161813 (resized).jpg
    20170407_153609 (resized).jpg
    20170407_161802 (resized).jpg
    20170407_161755 (resized).jpg
    20170331_144525 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6942 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6943 (resized).JPG

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Anyone ever buy from these guys. They say they have 100 used escaleras for 1100 each.

http://www.warehouserack.com/stair-climbing-hand-truck-battery-powered-c-29_653/batterypowered-stair-climbing-hand-truck-battery-included-used-p-1873.html

Am interested in purchasing one so any info would be helpful.

#2 7 years ago

Interesting, I live near the Houston location. I will give them a call and see if this is something I can look at as I'm not real sure how this place works. I may be interested if these are not too beat up. Will let you know if I find out anything.

#3 7 years ago

THX man!!! LMK how it is and how they look. for 1300 shipped if there nice it just might be worth it.

#4 7 years ago

I wonder if they came from a rental or moving company or something.

#5 7 years ago

I would be interested in one.

#6 7 years ago

What do they typically sell for used?

#7 7 years ago

Oooooh I know my son would definitely be down for an escalera.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from 20eyes:

What do they typically sell for used?

Last couple in MN were around that price. Just gotta watch out for the cost of a new battery.

#9 7 years ago

How much are they new?

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

How much are they new?

I think I'm going to go do the same at the Ft. Worth location monday morning.....

#12 7 years ago

Is the price worth it to ship one or just wait until one come up locally? How often do people even sell them used?

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from 20eyes:

Is the price worth it to ship one or just wait until one come up locally? How often do people even sell them used?

Problem is ya never see them come up for sale

#14 7 years ago

I'm kinda tempted to get one after seeing Eric_S use his. Doesn't seem like they are for sale used real often.
    Sticker shock is the big thing but I'm not going to get any younger. My back may think of this as an investment so I can still move when I'm old.
    Curious about what people local to this place find out.

#15 7 years ago

You can always rent these from moving companies if you need one for ~$35 a day. They are handy and make the job 100x easier, but not worth buying unless you move pinball machines all day, every day.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

You can always rent these from moving companies if you need one for ~$35 a day. They are handy and make the job 100x easier, but not worth buying unless you move pinball machines all day, every day.

Nobody within at least 50 miles around me seems to have them, unfortunately.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from 20eyes:

It would depend on the cost of shipping. I think I've only seen one used one on craigslist near me in the past couple years. And that one was completely caked in rust.

Quoted from Frax:

I think I'm going to go do the same at the Ft. Worth location monday morning.....

Yikes, that's a bit of a price jump. They used to be about $1850, if I remember.

#18 7 years ago

Would be nice if we could get a group buy of like 10 of them for 9k. 900 each would be outstanding!!!

#19 7 years ago

Shipping on that site is $280 commercial + $100 for residential so shipping to work would be they way to go but then that puts it at $1380...

#20 7 years ago

At 1280 if they are refurbished isn't cheap but isn't too bad. Better than 2k shipped for new

#21 7 years ago

I bought a used one shipped a few years back for about $900 but I think I scored a really good deal. Battery will run you another $90.

#22 7 years ago

Just bought a used one off CL with new battery and all terrain tred for 1200. This deal seems pretty good.

#23 7 years ago

For anyone that buys one I sell parts for these. Most likely they will need a battery and a charger. About $150 for those. I will new ones for sale at the Texas show. No shipping if you pick it up at the show.

Larry
    Flipnoutpinball.com

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

For anyone that buys one I sell parts for these. Most likely they will need a battery and a charger. About $150 for those. I will new ones for sale at the Texas show. No shipping if you pick it up at the show.
    Larry
    Flipnoutpinball.com

Price for a ms 60?

#25 7 years ago

Larry (flipnout) is rock-solid. I bought mine from him... great guy to deal with!

#26 7 years ago

I LOVE my Escelera- I got mine used locally and refurbished it myself.....I literally used it today to bring my FH up 15 steps by myself and barely broke a sweat....

If you have steps I know it's expensive but really worth the investment...

#27 7 years ago

I got mine used also, I think I paid $1650 cdn...so around $1200. It came with the big toe plate and big wheel attachment, both of which I would highly recommend for moving pins. The small wheels have trouble with cracks and small rocks on the sidewalk.

#28 7 years ago

I have a friend in Houston, I may call them on Monday to see if there is one there for local pick up.

#29 7 years ago

I am trying to work with them to get a package deal of 10 for the best price. If we can all make it work that would be the cheapest way to go.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Price for a ms 60?

Go with the 66, much better leverage for moving games around.

Larry is a stand up guy. These things are crazy expensive but worth every penny. If you are going to use it 15 times or so a year your better off just buying one and being done with it. It's much cheaper then a damaged house, game, or back. There's lots of cheaper dolly and cart options out there that work well. Escalara is the best of the best though so it's price like it. I don't regret buying mine from Larry at all and am not going back to moving games without one.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

I am trying to work with them to get a package deal of 10 for the best price. If we can all make it work that would be the cheapest way to go.

That sounds intriguing. Did they provide any details about condition or if it includes batteries or the charger?

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from Lame33:

That sounds intriguing. Did they provide any details about condition or if it includes batteries or the charger?

I emailed them and they said:

the stair climbing hand truck are refurbed with new battery charger is include it.

#33 7 years ago

I'm going to the Dallas location on Wednesday morning. They said they have a model on the floor to try out, that they've tested all the units... unlike ForceFlow, I was NOT told the batteries or chargers were refurbed, just that they "worked well."

"We've tested these and all perform well." is exactly what I was sent..

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'm going to the Dallas location on Wednesday morning. They said they have a model on the floor to try out, that they've tested all the units... unlike ForceFlow, I was NOT told the batteries or chargers were refurbed, just that they "worked well."
    "We've tested these and all perform well." is exactly what I was sent..

My email came from a fellow named "Omar". Did your email came from the same person, or someone else?

#35 7 years ago

If they offer a group buy I could be in for one, I've been wanting a new dolly might as well step up to the best.

#36 7 years ago

I was told the same thing they were not refurb the batteries were tested working.

#37 7 years ago

He sent me of the actual unit. Does not look too bad

IMG_6943 (resized).JPGIMG_6943 (resized).JPG

IMG_6942 (resized).JPGIMG_6942 (resized).JPG

#38 7 years ago

if they are doing any king of group sale in the dallas location let me know as i will pick one up too (during the tpf show dates)

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

My email came from a fellow named "Omar". Did your email came from the same person, or someone else?

Someone else.

#40 7 years ago

How much of a PITA is it to move games without the big toe plate and the big wheels? I want one of these badly, as it's a good price, but I'm concerned about then being able to viably USE the stupid thing for TPF.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

How much of a PITA is it to move games without the big toe plate and the big wheels? I want one of these badly, as it's a good price, but I'm concerned about then being able to viably USE the stupid thing for TPF.

Since I see your internal struggle let me voice my $0.02.

I'm really trying to see the value in this for you specifically. This is really only helpful for those that have a lot of stairs they have to deal with and I'm assuming you have an elevator at your place. With that in mind, a standard appliance dolly is just as good. If you are planning on moving all your games up and down several flights of stairs I'd save my money.

For TPF, if you don't have some already, invest in some wheel skates. I've got a set and use them all the time when I move games at they house.

https://www.jabetc.com/products/pinball-skates-dolly?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=12709322

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

invest in some wheel skates. I've got a set and use them all the time when I move games at they house.
    https://www.jabetc.com/products/pinball-skates-dolly?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=12709322

FYI, if you create an account, add it to your cart, then let it sit for a day or two, you might get a coupon automatically sent to you.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

This is really only helpful for those that have a lot of stairs they have to deal with and I'm assuming you have an elevator at your place.

No elevator...my condo is in Dallas, not in New York City, LMAO, and I'm on the bottom floor. BUT...out by the parking lot, there's 4.5 stairs+a really crappy door threshhold x 4-6 games, and my Harbor Freight heavy duty dolly is on it's last leg. At MINIMUM it needs new tires, realistically it needs a new axle if they even sell replacement ones.

Pinskates can go to hell...man, I hate those things. Every single time I've ever used someone's, the game has gotten dropped because I hit a crack in the sidewalk or some other small bump. If they were 40 bucks, I'd buy a set, but 170...never. The value is saving my already bad back so much strain of me and my wife manhandling games, and being able to actually consider games that people have upstairs. Right now I won't even go look at them because I simply won't buy it unless they move it downstairs first on their own. I'm also considering renting it out to other locals that are trustworthy.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Pinskates can go to hell...man, I hate those things. Every single time I've ever used someone's, the game has gotten dropped because I hit a crack in the sidewalk or some other small bump.

I always assumed they were for indoor use only; basically, for shuffling games around without needing to mess with a cart.

Quoted from Frax:

I'm also considering renting it out to other locals that are trustworthy.

Actually, that's not a bad idea.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I always assumed they were for indoor use only; basically, for shuffling games around without needing to mess with a cart.

That's totally pointless, to me. I already have a HF lift table, which I use inside and out.. I dunno. I'm just tired of lifting games.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I have the big toe plate, but hardly use it. It is very easy to move pins without it. The big wheels definitely make moving longer distances more enjoyable. Plus with the big wheels on, it will balance a pinball machine on its own. This makes stopping going so much easier, especially if you get to the car/truck and have to move things around before loading it or get a phone call. The only thing to remember (I made this mistake oncewhile tired) is take the big wheels off before attempting to use the lift down stairs.

I would say get the big wheels from Larry and save the money on the big toe plate.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from murdock:

Plus with the big wheels on, it will balance a pinball machine on its own.

Hm. Yeah, if it turns it into basically a 4-wheeler where you don't have to put effort into maintaining a neutral angle that would help a lot, especially with the long walks across the TPF hall.

#48 7 years ago

Anyone in SoCal have one I can borrow or rent for a day? I've got 15 machines i need to bring down stairs.

#49 7 years ago

Here's a recent video that I thought was a pretty good demo.

The good stuff starts around 5:15, but there's some prepping and discussion before that.

#50 7 years ago

The escalera is a once in a lifetime type tool. Without it, I could never have as many pins as I do. Parts are readily available and not outrageous, a new battery is $80. No need for the kick plate extension, big wheel attachment is highly recommended for reasons mentioned. Can't say enough about this thing and I got very lucky getting one, $450 for a 2001 ms66 off CL. I've only replaced the battery.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warehouse-rack-used-escaleras and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.