(Topic ID: 295924)

Warehouse full of NOS electrical components -- some pinball related?

By BrettRS

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by G-P-E
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Power Supplies (resized).jpg
    Parts 2 (resized).jpg
    Parts 3 (resized).jpg
    Parts 4 (resized).jpg
    Parts 5 (resized).jpg
    Boards 3 (resized).jpg
    Boards 1 (resized).jpg
    Boards 4 (resized).jpg
    Boards 2 (resized).jpg
    Pinball Parts 1 (resized).jpg
    Pinball Parts 2 (resized).jpg
    Pinball Parts 3 (resized).jpg
    Pinball Parts 4 (resized).jpg

#1 3 months ago

Well that's a click-baity title for a lot of you I am sure, but I really do have a warehouse full of electrical components. I own a small medical device manufacturing company and I found some major QTY of 'new-old stock' of LED Displays and Panel Mount Optical Encoders. I have no idea if the sizing is similar to what is used in Pinball.

According to my operations tech, the LED Displays are programmable for different colors but I can't verify that and the listing says they are green digits, so my guess would be that they are green only. The digits and encoders are from an obsolete design blood pressure kiosk that we stopped making about ten years ago.

Any chance these pieces could be used for pinball? That's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw them.

Thanks for looking, pictures below, here's the Mouser / Digikey listings for the parts as well:

Optical Encoder: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Broadcom-Avago/HRPG-AD3219F?qs=YDL0qNrpDT57LwhZoZc6hg%3D%3D

LED Digits: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/avago-technologies-us-inc/HDSP-5603/637479?utm_adgroup=Display%20Modules%20-%20LED%20Character%20and%20Numeric&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping_Product_Optoelectronics_NEW&utm_term=&utm_content=Display%20Modules%20-%20LED%20Character%20and%20Numeric&gclid=CjwKCAjwieuGBhAsEiwA1Ly_neroNFmah39hvDftSnHLuoO_F2E9h9zxhRAzmDa8SdSDNrV8xxthoCBMQQAvD_BwE

Photos below, let me know if these are pinball worthy, or if there are any specialty obsolete electrical components from the 80s/90s/00s that I should be on the look-out for as we sort, clear out, and recycle about twenty skids worth of old electrical components.

Thanks for looking!
    Brett

Pinball Parts 1 (resized).jpgPinball Parts 4 (resized).jpgPinball Parts 3 (resized).jpgPinball Parts 2 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 months ago

Is the linked data correct for the LED digits? The ones linked on Digikey are too small classic Bally/Stern displays, which are 0.8”

#3 3 months ago
    Quoted from play_pinball:

Is the linked data correct for the LED digits? The ones linked on Digikey are too small classic Bally/Stern displays, which are 0.8”

The linked data is correct, so they'll be too small for those displays I guess, any other machines that use smaller displays?

#4 3 months ago

Brett- if you have any ICs on there, there would be interest, especially PIAs. Anything in the 6800 series would be of interest.

If there are any spider chips, let people know. Those were in Gottlieb machines.

#5 3 months ago
    Quoted from Billc479:

Brett- if you have any ICs on there, there would be interest, especially PIAs. Anything in the 6800 series would be of interest.
    If there are any spider chips, let people know. Those were in Gottlieb machines.

Not sure what I have, here are some photos of some of the pieces that are obsolete that are well labelled as well as some sample populated PCB returns / old stock we have -- probably 2,000 - 5,000 populated PCBs. Also have around 200 of the power supplies pictures and metal enclosures for them.

Boards 1 (resized).jpgBoards 2 (resized).jpgBoards 3 (resized).jpgBoards 4 (resized).jpgParts 2 (resized).jpgParts 3 (resized).jpgParts 4 (resized).jpgParts 5 (resized).jpgPower Supplies (resized).jpg
    #6 3 months ago

Brett - I didn't see anything that jumped out at me other than the memory chips. I don't know if they are sought after or not - that would be something for those who rebuild the boards to answer, such as Chris Hibler.

The power supplies might be of interest to folks who are adding mods - if I read it right, those are 12 - 15 volt power supplies at 3 amps. Should be plenty of power to push all the mods someone would want.

I found it humorous that there was a bottle of Advil on the desk.

#7 3 months ago

The Deltron W105B is in fact a regulated 12V 3.4A supply. It's the older non-switching type, but would be very suitable for MODs. The issue is SHIPPING costs for a heavy PS like that. You can find them on eBay for $25 with free shipping, but the actual shipping will eat HALF of that $25. So, you could make $12.50 on each supply if you could find buyers. They are QUALITY supplies, so perhaps....

#8 3 months ago

Those linear power supplies are better suited for people that work with radio equipment to power Low Noise Block Downconverters, Amplifiers, etc. But the 109B at 15V would have been more popular.
    And you do have an advantage over the $25 version -- yours are unused.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside