Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

Hey guys here's a link of a few pins these Pin-Aholics scored recently.
If any of you know Bryan,see if he'll let you go look at them and report back to our great little group here.
Damn nice looking pins from what pics tell you.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/825235f1732b15d8#

#2 12 years ago

Wow great find. How much that cost I wonder?

#3 12 years ago

Man, that is an amazing haul!
I'm afraid I'd be divorced just as soon as I shut the door to leave...
Scary to think of how many barns, storage containers and abandoned warehouses full of pins are still out there- just waiting to be loved again.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#5 12 years ago

I want to kill myself after seeing this............I will never has that much luck!

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

what the fuck i woulda been all over that shit and it was in SD too it looks like!!
gawd damn how do they find these deals

I feel your pain....I had a call about a month ago from a friend who just picked up a DH pin from a former lottery winner. It's the guy in chicago that built a replica graceland. Anyway, he supposedly filled the basement with pins and never played them....All mint. He wanted them all gone as he just sold graceland. I told my friend I'd take them all sight unseen, but by the time he got back in touch with him, they were all bought by one person. I'm dying to know who got them and what they were. The DH was basically NIB, and he got it for 1K.

#7 12 years ago

there was a mm in there

#8 12 years ago

I know both of these fellas great people

#9 12 years ago

that's a nice score, but i'm glad as hell i didn't come across that or i'd be divorced.

#10 12 years ago

I don't even have room in my apartment for the pin I have, let alone all those. Chicago real estate sucks.

#11 12 years ago

wonder what the final price on all of those was.

#12 12 years ago

Check out my find (Check the MASSIVE price check link on the main page) Thats a Closed store/Storage find. 7 pins UN-touched for 15 years

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

wonder what the final price on all of those was.

ditto.

Seems nowadays, this is only way to get a decent price. That aside from finding broken machines, that is. I'm guessing 20K.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

I'm guessing 20K

20k for pins.. plus the truck rental ($1/mile x 1500 miles), plus about $400 in diesel (mileage x 12 mpg), plus a $50 hotel room, so $2k just in personal fees. Still, that MM could easily sell for $8k by itself.

How you find out about stuff like this, your probably a place like "american pickers" where your known for buying stuff and someone contacts you, but you see a deal like this and just buy the lot knowing you can resell it for profit. It's moments like this where I go "ooh, that's where all the missing pins are"

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

MM could easily sell for $8k by itself.

I know for a fact that the MM is spoken for and 8K is the going price site unseen,CRAZY,but true.

Bryan and I are pretty good buddies and I tried like hell to buy the BOP , it was already spoken for .

I told Bryan what comes around goes around .. LOL

These are once in a lifetime deals .

Good job Bryan.

Jim

#16 12 years ago

There are still warehouses full of amusement stuff around.

There is one in Northern Ohio that has hundreds of pinball, jukeboxes, video games, popcorn machines, pool tables, cigarette machines, all stacked 18 feet to the ceiling.

There is no room to move anything around that is not near the trailer bay door. Bret S. and I sometimes risk our lives climbing over the slippery, dust covered mountains of the coin op Apocalypse. He calls it urban spelunking.

We have managed to pull a few games out last year, but if ain't near the door, you ain't getting it (or even seeing it).

#17 12 years ago

I miss warehouse hauls.

My best one was an IJ, ST:TNG, FT, RS, Solar Fire, WD, Shadow for 2k. Ended up getting a total of 20 pins from that op.

Those were the days!

#18 12 years ago

Only two that I seen that I wanted out of the whole bunch was MM and LOTR sure the guy that bought them had to take them all just to get the few he was after, he bought 180 gallons of diesel fuel that in itself was over 600.00, + Rooms, +Meals, +Truck Rental not to mention the cost of the machines, I bet he has over 10K just in the pins some were working some were not. It would be fun but seems like a lot of work just for two "A" list titles.

#19 12 years ago

I wanted EATPM and they coulda stopped by and sold 1 on the way home

<sub class="mdrtd">Post edited by dvandentop</sub>

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

wanted EATPM and they coulda stopped by and sold 1 on the way home

It had to be somewhere in SD, wonder if it was in or around Rapid City ?

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from pin-tastic:

dvandentop said:wanted EATPM and they coulda stopped by and sold 1 on the way home
It had to be somewhere in SD, wonder if it was in or around Rapid City ?

pretty sure it was rapid city area. damn MN guys have been cleaing SD outta pins, just before christmas Liberman a operator outta Minneapolis got a ton of machines from some other place in SD as well.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from pin-tastic:

Only two that I seen that I wanted out of the whole bunch was MM and LOTR sure the guy that bought them had to take them all just to get the few he was after, he bought 180 gallons of diesel fuel that in itself was over 600.00, + Rooms, +Meals, +Truck Rental not to mention the cost of the machines, I bet he has over 10K just in the pins some were working some were not. It would be fun but seems like a lot of work just for two "A" list titles.

I can't comment on their motives, but a method I've commonly seen employed in bulk buys was to buy x pins, and if you want to get 1 pin out of the deal, x-1 pays for the lot, and yours is free, or greatly discounted.

Something like this is rarely done purely for profit - it's often done because it's fun

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I miss warehouse hauls.

My best one was an IJ, ST:TNG, FT, RS, Solar Fire, WD, Shadow for 2k. Ended up getting a total of 20 pins from that op.

Those were the days!

wow yeah i would miss those days as well if you could find hauls like that for 2k

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from pin-tastic:

seems like a lot of work just for two "A" list titles.

The pinball hobby is more than "A" titles ! I have been learning that for awhile now.

"B" titles are more fun anyways.

Jim

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

seems like a lot of work just for two "A" list titles.
The pinball hobby is more than "A" titles ! I have been learning that for awhile now.

Agree! Folks getting two narrow sighted on A listers. B and C titles are often times more fun, just minus the prestige factor. Sorta like driving a Camero SS vs a BMW. I'd rather drive the Camero but, I don't look a rich doing so.

#26 12 years ago

This shit NEVER happens in England. It's awesome that places still have these Arcade sales/auctions, I bet you REALLY have to control your will power and spending sense when you walk through the door at these things.

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Jim

I realize this but for people that can only fit a handful of pins in their collection due to space limitations of course they are going to pay attention to the top 20 list for pins they would like to obtain or own and it just so happens that the majority of the top 20 list is made up of "A" titles.

Everyone knows that Kelly is into mostly "A" titles and restorations, doubt he is going to be keeping any of the B's and C's for himself so my post reflected that, at least I am not wasting bandwidth about polishing turds like in a previous thread on here

#28 12 years ago

I do not remember the Sioux crew giving them permission to enter our territory. I will have to consult with DVDT and ssathre to find out what our compensation should be for such a violation.

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

I do not remember the Sioux crew giving them permission to enter our territory. I will have to consult with DVDT and ssathre to find out what our compensation should be for such a violation.

Lol that you couldn't put together a deal when people that live 600 miles away can. Obviously there was a connection between Millard or Kelly here to facilitate this buy.

There was a big factor here...its called large sums of cash that these two can put together in a matter of minutes.

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Agree! Folks getting two narrow sighted on A listers. B and C titles are often times more fun, just minus the prestige factor.

I agree with you 100%.

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Agree! Folks getting two narrow sighted on A listers. B and C titles are often times more fun, just minus the prestige factor. Sorta like driving a Camero SS vs a BMW. I'd rather drive the Camero but, I don't look a rich doing so.

Interesting considering that 75% of the pins in your collection are considered "A" titles and also the majority of the pins on your wish list

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from pin-tastic:

bigdaddy07 said:Agree! Folks getting two narrow sighted on A listers. B and C titles are often times more fun, just minus the prestige factor. Sorta like driving a Camero SS vs a BMW. I'd rather drive the Camero but, I don't look a rich doing so.
Interesting considering that 75% of the pins in your collection are considered "A" titles and also the majority of the pins on your wish list

Agree 100% lol. Good point!

#33 12 years ago

I guess the hoopla over this is a little bit lost on me. We don't know what they paid. We do know that they spent quite a bit just to get there and pick the pins up. And as others have said, there are only a couple "A" list games in the collection.

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from TheJesus:

There was a big factor here...its called large sums of cash that these two can put together in a matter of minutes.

pretty sure i could come up with the same amount of cash these guys paid for the machines if wanted no problem.

it is just the connections they obviously knew some old op wanting to get outta the business, maybe they are in the AMOA and that is a way to make some connections like this.

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

it is just the connections they obviously knew some old op wanting to get outta the business

Nope ! Bryan seen a machine that one of his buddies bought and it had a OP tag with a phone #. They called and scored !

Could happen to any of us .

Jim

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Nope ! Bryan seen a machine that one of his buddies bought and it had a OP tag with a phone #. They called and scored !

Jim

wow nice score then still jealous, what was the pin their buddy purchased?

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You obviously know more than your letting on why don't you fill us all in on the specifics ?

3 months later
#38 12 years ago

For those who don't frequent RGP, I did finally spill the beans as to what we paid for these games and what we made off them. Here's my post from RGP.

Well, we finally sold the last game and for anyone interested, I
thought I'd spill the beans, so to speak.

This is a list of the games we paid $19,000 for. Four were pretty
much parts games, six were said to have various board issues and
twelve were said to be in good working condition. Needless to say,
there wasn't a one that didn't have some kind of issue.

MM
LOTR
2-DM
HRC
Elvira
BOP
Starship Troopers
Pool Sharks
Getaway
Nascar
Dr. Who
Monopoly
South Park
DE Simpsons
NBAFB
Leathal Weapon
Dr. Dude
RFM
Big Guns
Bone Busters
Whirlwind

Total sale price on all games came to $33,400. Our expenses were
about $2000 which included rental truck, fuel, hotel, meals and
various game parts. Total profit came to $12,4000.

And before you say, "Holy Shit, I'd do that!", you don't even want to
know how many hours were spent cleaning and fixing games.

Having said that, Brian and I would do it again in a heartbeat. It
was certainly a roadtrip to remember.

BTW HUGE thanks to our buddy Jesse who provided the warehouse space.
We coudn't have done it without him. Now that I think about it, we
could have rented a space for less than what the beer cost us at
Jesse's.

Bryan (CARGPB 14)
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

Quoted from pin-tastic:

honda350r said:Nope ! Bryan seen a machine that one of his buddies bought and it had a OP tag with a phone #. They called and scored !
You obviously know more than your letting on why don't you fill us all in on the specifics ?

#39 12 years ago

Wow Bryan , talk about transparency ..

Jim

#40 12 years ago

I would be more interested to know how many man hours ended up being invested. It was a very cool read and props to you for being so open about it.

#41 12 years ago

Oh, you know me, Jim. What the hell. The games are all gone and what do I care if people know what the financial end of things were. I'd be curious as hell if someone else had done what we did.

Bryan (CARGPB 14)

Quoted from McCune:

Wow Bryan , talk about transparency ..
Jim

#42 12 years ago

I'm surprised your game expenses weren't higher. It seem like it is easy to drop $50-100 into a game just to get everything working and fixed up nicely.

Your endeavor is the kind of thing we all dream about. Thanks for sharing.

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

For those who don't frequent RGP, I did finally spill the beans as to what we paid for these games and what we made off them. Here's my post from RGP.
Well, we finally sold the last game and for anyone interested, I
thought I'd spill the beans, so to speak.
This is a list of the games we paid $19,000 for. Four were pretty
much parts games, six were said to have various board issues and
twelve were said to be in good working condition. Needless to say,
there wasn't a one that didn't have some kind of issue.
MM
LOTR
2-DM
HRC
Elvira
BOP
Starship Troopers
Pool Sharks
Getaway
Nascar
Dr. Who
Monopoly
South Park
DE Simpsons
NBAFB
Leathal Weapon
Dr. Dude
RFM
Big Guns
Bone Busters
Whirlwind
Total sale price on all games came to $33,400. Our expenses were
about $2000 which included rental truck, fuel, hotel, meals and
various game parts. Total profit came to $12,4000.
And before you say, "Holy Shit, I'd do that!", you don't even want to
know how many hours were spent cleaning and fixing games.
Having said that, Brian and I would do it again in a heartbeat. It
was certainly a roadtrip to remember.
BTW HUGE thanks to our buddy Jesse who provided the warehouse space.
We coudn't have done it without him. Now that I think about it, we
could have rented a space for less than what the beer cost us at
Jesse's.
Bryan (CARGPB 14)
pin-tastic said:honda350r said:Nope ! Bryan seen a machine that one of his buddies bought and it had a OP tag with a phone #. They called and scored !

Well done Bryan.

#44 12 years ago

Great find.

Glad you could make a profit. I hope that once in my lifetime I find a deal like this... Yeah once and I would be stoked with like 3 or 4 machines at a great price. but 20-30 would be great also.

Best of luck

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

This is a list of the games we paid $19,000 for.

Ha!

My guess was dead on (more or less).

#46 12 years ago

That's really hard to say. Hell, there were at least 60 man hours involved in us just driving there, picking the games up and bringing them back home. We honestly didn't care about the hours. Most everything was done in the evening, weekends or days off. Thankfully we did this in the winter. If this had been done in the summer, I'm not sure I could have put the time in with the nice weather.

Bryan (CARGPB 14)

Quoted from dung:

I would be more interested to know how many man hours ended up being invested. It was a very cool read and props to you for being so open about it.

#47 12 years ago

Nice!! Congrats!

#48 12 years ago

I wouldn't bark at that profit at all.. A lot of hard work, if anything I applaud you for putting dormant games back into the pool. thanks for the update!

#49 12 years ago

Wow that is a true labor of love......just the hours alone is crazy...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 81.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warehouse-find-posted-today-at-rgp/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.