(Topic ID: 176434)

Warehouse Find - Carlisle, PA - Lots of pins for sale shortly - NEW BETTER PLAN?

By too-many-pins

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 513 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“How to list these machines for sale?”

• "Fair Price" and disclose all information when I am ready 111 votes
    38%
  • Lower starting price - add list and prices tomorrow and who ever makes best offer by 1/6/17 gets each machine 31 votes
    11%
  • Stop posting - end this thread and just list each for sale one at a time in the market 79 votes
    27%
  • Other - and if you vote for other make post with suggestions 5 votes
    2%
  • List these somewhere like eBay with auction style format and let buyers determine what each is worth 17 votes
    6%
  • Post on Craig's List 3 votes
    1%
  • Post on Facebook 1 vote
  • You should have never bought them all in the first place 9 votes
    3%
  • Shut up and go away 39 votes
    13%

(295 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#13 7 years ago

looking for a few more 80s Bally games and some oddballs stuff.

Please take lots of photos to document and share after it is all over!

#28 7 years ago

the sort of stuff people dream about.

Even if just OK deals, it gets the blood pumping just talking about it

#56 7 years ago

I'd be interested in you avoiding the hassle of you having to make so many sales.

If you want to just sell off a lot of 10-15 of them (enough to fill a rental box truck) of games I am looking for, then let me know when you get more details.

I would be happy to come down and take a grouping of them, haul them back, keep a few, and spread the wealth to the people in this region.

Serious and wanted to toss it out. Maybe it will be nice for you to be able to just cut a chunk off the larger pile and send it along to one guy.
I would want to do this for the experience as much as anything and would be fine with putting prices out publicly so people up here can see what they cost and that any minimal markup is just to cover the truck and transport.

I respect your wish to not be inundated with PMs, so I will say, PLEASE PM me to talk

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

That would be awesome if you did

Yeah, would be fun to make a trip out of this and I am sure the folks in this region would love to make it happen. If toomanypins wants to make it happen I figure it may be a nice option for him to get rid of a whole truckload at once, combined with the knowledge that they aill continue to be spread around.

Basically, I can help do some of the work. Heck, maybe even come down and help him to load out from the original location to make it easy. I can help him load his trucks and load my rental with the ones I am taking back north.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I just don't think the math will work on group purchases. Maybe - but I know of have my doubts.

keep me posted.

I am serious and interested.
I like adventures and am pretty sure I could make it all work out on this end pretty easily.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from WIZ:

And the more time it takes, the more time Llyod has to swoop in.

does Llyod actual do that? If so, that is really Fing Lame!

#149 7 years ago

. Send me a list of up to 3 machines with your first choice at the top of that list.

PM sent per your request.

I hope to hear back from you.

cheers

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes, this seems unclear. So does the game start when the list is revealed? I don't want to PM, because I know how annoying it can get.

awe crap. Maybe I did not understand the rules to the game. I already PMd with my top 3 titles of interest.

#188 7 years ago

I vote other. Sell me a rare package of three, i get to make a road trip down w the wife, we have fun shooting the shit, we are bothe happy, and you know they are going to another collector that will bring them back to life and likely share them. On route for others to enjoy

I callthat a win win win.

In reality just do what makes you happy and is the least stress.

#294 7 years ago

That about sums it up.
And for any of you guys from a distance off I might have an idea if you are interested in a load. Same rules as everyone else but once you get 3 or 4 machines "bought" (no money involved until pick up - I don't take deposits). You send me money for a storage unit only and I move your machines into storage until you come to get them. Maybe something like $5 a machine per month ($5 would have to be for full month or part of a month since I have to pay the rent the first of each month) until you pick them up. With a limit of like 3 months to come get them.
This is adding yet another risk & additional work for me but with my limited space it might be a way to help guys out coming from a distance for a load?

Sounds good to me!

#380 7 years ago

2-many-pins >> dont let the haters get to you. Reality is that any event like this will bring out all sorts of people that like to be pissed off. Many of them are just trolling for a reaction.

Granted, once the prices are up is when you will get the real reactions. The pitchforks will really come out if your prices dont match the hype, but that is just he nature of the cut throat colelcting that is this or any collectible hobby.

I will just say that your list of games thus far gives me excitement as there are some games similar to what you have posted alreayd I hope will be in future lots. I am really enjoying this threat TBT. It is fun to watch it unfold when there is not much exciting going on in this weeks epeisode of "as the pinball turns". I mean... we got this, of the crappy BM66 BS hype thread... I will take this one as it is much more entertaining

#396 7 years ago

dont let the trolls win... that is what they like to do.

plenty of us are enjoying the thread and along for the adventure. I know I appreciate it and living vicariously through the saga.
Even if I dont end up with anything, it has been fun to follow along.

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Alright, I will bite. You made a post about selling machines when you didn't (and to some extent) still do not know what you had. You listed 14 machines, but no prices. All you did was throw chum in the water trying to work everyone up in a frenzy so when you do post you hopefully will get a lot of interest. It isn't a bad way to advertise, but please stop trying to play the martyr. If you wanted to help out all those poor pinsiders who cannot afford to pay top dollar for a machine you wouldn't be doing this for a profit, which we would all have to be stupid to think you aren't.
You have near 100 posts in here, but talk about you have no time. For someone who has no time you have an inordinate amount of time to write out these replies. List your machines for sale, by all means. Make some money for your troubles because this is a lot of work. You are earning it, but stop the act. You have too much time from your posts in this thread and you aren't selling the machines in groups because whoever bought a group of them would expect a discount. By selling them off 1-2 to different people you maximize what you get. In short, stop treating the people on here like idiots.

this post and the list of thumbs up on it are a good list of people that just dont get 'it' and are worth ignoring.

People have time for posting on a message board. a post takes maybe a minute. Moving literally hundreds of games around and reorganizing is a monumental task. Hell it took me 3 months just to rearrange my whole collection and get 10 new games set up and working.

#416 7 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Why do you guys keep thinking your going to get a "steal"?? He's not going to give things away and he's already stated his prices are firm. This idea that he will sell you a game for $500 less than anybody else is crazy, I cant wait to see the reaction when prices finally get posted.

I am not expecting anything besides him to post a bunch of pins for sale. That is exciting and fun! even if watching from the sidelines.

I dont think anyone is expecting a steal. Pretty sure they are taking OP at face value and assuming they will be fair prices. Probably something for everyone that is close enough and interested in making something happen.

#448 7 years ago

After laying in bed for about an hour thinking about things - still not able to sleep because of these stupid machines I realized I am overthinking this way to much and I think I came up with a solution I think very few people will be able to complain about that will also make the selling process super easy for me. This most recent idea will give everyone equal opportunity at a machine they might want and will also be the easiest method of selling for me.
What I am going to do is list each machine one at a time starting shortly after the first of the year but instead of listing them here I will list them on eBay (a venue I am very familiar with after using it for almost 20 years). This will make the listing process quicker for me with no learning curve. All machines will be listed with a fairly high (or crazy) Buy-it-Now price or BEST OFFER. Best offers can be made here or through eBay but people making best offer here by PM can buy a machine 10% cheaper than an eBay customer can because I will not have to pay eBay fees on the sale and will pass that savings along to my Pinside friends.. (The reason for the crazy asking price is to keep people from just doing the buy-it-now, because I want to sell to best offer). Not at a set Buy-it-Now price.
The beauty of this plan is I'll be able to get machines listed sooner & faster but it goes well beyond that. No one will know what I actually want for each machine and no one will know what a buyer actually paid for a machine. So anyone wanting to buy these to flip will not have to deal with the fallout of "but you only paid -- -- -- for it". Also no one can complain I played favorites in some way because first person to offer at (or over) my needed price for a machine will own it. So buyers will be setting the value of each machine worth to them, not me asking for a specific price.
But the benefits of selling this way do not end there. By selling machines this way I don't have to wait till garage is empty to list the "next group" of machines. I can list machines one at a time as I have the space in the garage. And also anything that doesn't sell quickly here can just stay listed on eBay until it sells which will save me time and make the process move quicker also.
I have already reached out to Robin a few days ago letting him know I will be making a donation to Pinside for every machine sold here and the donation will exceed what listing in the market place would cost (so a win for Robin & Pinside). eBay will get their fees for any machine sold on eBay so a win for eBay. Buyers will set the price of the machine, not me, so a win for buyers. No one can complain because someone beat them to a machine with the "first person to email idea not being used". This will create a level playfield for all buyers, so both buyer & I win on that one. And I win because selling this way will make my life much easier and hopefully there will be a lot less drama here.
Each time I list a machine I will post the fact that ___ ___ machine was just listed so Pinsiders will know about each listing or Pinsiders can just watch my eBay listings as I post each machine. I don't see a down side with listing this way? I am sure I am missing something but so far it seems like this is the best method to get this underway the quickest and to be the fairest. Let me know what you think!

welp, so much for the original plan.

GLWS for all the ebay sales.

Would have been more fun to see it all go down here, but I can understand sticking with what is familiar to you.

#463 7 years ago

AND AS FAR AS PICTURES -

That is odd?

I thought the rule was anything under 3k (or is it 2500?) can be posted in the regional FS threads?

Just start a Carlisle PA regional FS thread and post away.

that said >>>
I personally think that Pinside Market place is WAY easier to use than ebay.
I think forceflow has the right idea above. Make an individual marketplace add for each game. That also creates an individual thread for each game. Set your price and be done with it. This will save you the potnetial ebay fees, keeps the games going to pinsiders (seems to be your desire) and gets rid of the auction idea (like you said, you want to get the games in the hands of collectora at fair prices.

Have you tried a marketplace ad here? They are really easy to do and everything stays organized with that single thread.

Ebay is a bad way to do this IMO.

Other thing worth note is that gaming the ebay system will likely get you reported and may jeopardize your regular gig of selling parts there. I would avoid that risk.

I think you need to get the bulk idea out of your head. You are really just doing a bunch of individual games for sale. Just so happens you have a bunch you will be listing in blocks.

#477 7 years ago

OK - how about this idea. I post games with a "fair" asking price and then sell them to the highest bidder that contacts me within 48 hours. I post the winner - selling price - etc. and any money beyond my original asking price I donate to charity. Would that make everyone happy?
I hate the highest bidder idea because I really don't want or need the extra money. Anyone that knows me knows my life isn't about money it is about sharing. I give away as many parts as I sell & when selling parts I try to keep my prices as low as possible to help as many people as possible. There are a handful of items I have to price higher or I have local people who just grab them up for resale at a profit but otherwise as long as I cover my cost I am happy.
If I go the charity route - I would put a poll up to see what charities Pinsiders would like to see money go to. I can't imagine people here fighting over that but I might be wrong!

I actually think that is a really cool idea! I love finding ways to use pinball to give back!

Doing so also bring back much of the fun and headache of effort needed. For example I help put on the largest charity pinball event in the region each year. Every year there is issues that make you want to toss it all in, but the charity aspect keeps it fun and lets the crap all roll off.

As for auctions, I hate them. If doing it, please make it best offer for X time.

Post a game/thread, set your price, leave it open for x time. Donate everything over your original asking.

#497 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Or, tell Lloyd you'll sell him the contact info for $2000 and take the money and run. This is not something for two people to handle.

worst advice of the entire thread. Sorry Bryan, but this is not the way to go about it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warehouse-find-lots-of-pins-for-sale-shortly-no-list-yet?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.