(Topic ID: 176434)

Warehouse Find - Carlisle, PA - Lots of pins for sale shortly - NEW BETTER PLAN?

By too-many-pins

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 513 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“How to list these machines for sale?”

• "Fair Price" and disclose all information when I am ready 111 votes
    38%
  • Lower starting price - add list and prices tomorrow and who ever makes best offer by 1/6/17 gets each machine 31 votes
    11%
  • Stop posting - end this thread and just list each for sale one at a time in the market 79 votes
    27%
  • Other - and if you vote for other make post with suggestions 5 votes
    2%
  • List these somewhere like eBay with auction style format and let buyers determine what each is worth 17 votes
    6%
  • Post on Craig's List 3 votes
    1%
  • Post on Facebook 1 vote
  • You should have never bought them all in the first place 9 votes
    3%
  • Shut up and go away 39 votes
    13%

(295 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider niterider.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#116 7 years ago

According to Google maps, I'm about a 10-hour drive away...and that's just one way. Unfortunately, it would have to be an absolutely amazing deal for me to make that trip for a machine. And like you, I'd prefer the person I'm dealing with get a fair deal also.

This reminds me of something that I almost pulled off about ten years ago. A guy I worked with used to route arcade games and had stored several of them in a double-wide storage unit. I managed to get three stand ups off him that he had at his house: an Operation Wolf, an "All-American Football" and a Virtual Fighter 2. They were rough, really rough...they were stored on his back porch, exposed to the weather. I managed to get two of them to at least power up and when I told him that, he showed me the storage unit. Pretty much any normal standup you could think of from the mid 80's were in there. I remember seeing three Dragon's Lair's sitting next to each other, only missing their monitors. Before we could make a deal, he was fired from the company....let's just say he wasn't honest with over a deal he made with them and they found out.

That said, I'm still following along here just to see what transpires. If a Banzi Run, Addams Family or Scared Stiff (one can dream) hit the list and was at least complete....who knows.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Nothing that good here! At this point I think the "best" machines will retail for under $3000 once fixed up.

That's about what I expected, but you sometimes hear about "You'll never believe what we found in the back corner" stories.

I remember playing DW a long time ago. I didn't have a clue to what I was doing...but I remember how cool it was to get the playfield to rise up as I played.

#131 7 years ago

I thought I read earlier that you said they had some standup arcade machines...any chance one of them was a Missile Command? I know someone that would kill me to take it for himself if I showed up with one.

#142 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

I have only seen a couple overview pictures of the storage unit that has the arcades in it. That unit is a 10x40 or 10x50 packed and pictures were taken from outside the unit so I don't have a clue what might be in it at this point. SORRY!

No problem, just threw the question out there.

If your deal works out and you get a batch of standups.... If one of them is a Missile Command, all I'm looking for would be the condition of the cab itself. I can deal with the guts, a good cab is tough to find.

#174 7 years ago

Well, I already mentioned the pins I'd be drooling...er, looking for.

Honestly, it sounds as your already getting plenty of interest in this. Maybe after your deal gets clearer and things settle down some I'll poke you with more questions. Good luck!

#305 7 years ago

If he just puts them on eBay, then a select few could just snap them all up. He would probably get more of a return, but the community would likely see less of any benefit.

I suppose if I was in his shoes, I'd probably do a weekly listing of what was for sale at that time. Everything on the list would be listed as "best offer" and interested buyers could PM their best offer. After a week, the best offers wins, and the next list of machines go up. Buyers would have X number of days to respond and complete the deal and pick up the machine. Second best offers would be notified that they are next in line and may be called upon if the first buyer backs out. Repeat as necessary. Any machine that didn't get an offer just goes to eBay.

If you put in an offer, you are committed to that offer. Backing out would prevent you from making other offers...(although a reasonable excuse may be allowed, if it's creditable enough)

People that want to buy multiple machine can place offers, but after winning say three, they would be restricted to only getting more machines *if* no one else made an offer on a machine.

Just my $.25

#426 7 years ago

People on the internet never cease to amaze me.

I've been following this as I'm curious to see what all machines will eventually be "discovered" as this event plays out. It's also been interesting to see how far some people go to get information. Jeeze, it's like watching parents fight over a little league ball game.

OP, this is your deal, work it however you want and at whatever pace that you are comfortable with. That said, if I was in your shoes, I'd also stop responding to everyone calling you out and just shut them up when I was ready to start releasing information/pictures and selling machines. Good luck!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider niterider.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warehouse-find-lots-of-pins-for-sale-shortly-no-list-yet?tu=niterider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.