(Topic ID: 176434)

Warehouse Find - Carlisle, PA - Lots of pins for sale shortly - NEW BETTER PLAN?

By too-many-pins

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 513 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“How to list these machines for sale?”

• "Fair Price" and disclose all information when I am ready 111 votes
    38%
  • Lower starting price - add list and prices tomorrow and who ever makes best offer by 1/6/17 gets each machine 31 votes
    11%
  • Stop posting - end this thread and just list each for sale one at a time in the market 79 votes
    27%
  • Other - and if you vote for other make post with suggestions 5 votes
    2%
  • List these somewhere like eBay with auction style format and let buyers determine what each is worth 17 votes
    6%
  • Post on Craig's List 3 votes
    1%
  • Post on Facebook 1 vote
  • You should have never bought them all in the first place 9 votes
    3%
  • Shut up and go away 39 votes
    13%

(295 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

nobody else wants it anyway.

I'd be interested too

You're probably the only one actively searching for one, though.

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

I'm first, ForceFlow. Sorry, your moderator status won't get you ahead of me in line. I've got 30+ hours into the hunt already. It's interesting to note that Stern doesn't even have the topper on their own Laser War. I'd be willing to bet there's one in a box in a dark corner of a warehouse somewhere in Elk Grove though.

Haha, no worries. I don't even have a complete game yet--just a nice populated playfield that needs a cabinet. I was waiting for the right project to come along.

I sure would be interested to see how one of those toppers worked, though. If you do find one--I'd sure be interested in lots of detailed photos

#388 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Forceflow - I have to assume you closed that other thread for me and for that I want to say thank you. I have been around Pinside for several years now but I don't really used the site all that much to learn how to do a lot of things here. Mostly a quick post here and there or to just see what the buzz is about sometimes. So this is a learning experience for me.

You're welcome, and no worries

#452 7 years ago

Ok, here's my personal 2 cents:

The minute it was announced that there was a warehouse buy, this turned into a feeding frenzy and a few people went bananas. I usually stay away from situations like that because some people start acting crazy, and in the end, it becomes incredibly competitive, secret bidding wars start up, and it ends up just not being fun at all. It happens every time when there's a widely published lot of games going up for sale. That's because people usually expect rock-bottom, below-market bargain prices in bulk, and they start trying to climb over each other to get at them.

....which is not what you're doing, but some people aren't paying attention to that. Honestly, the behavior of a few folks in this thread and outside of it is kind of ridiculous. Pestering the OP's friends about buying something? Good grief.

Skip, just offer games one or two at a time at your own pace. Throw up a marketplace ad for each one, so each sale is just about that one game by itself and not part of any sort of bulk buy. Add photos, set your price, and leave it at that. Maybe post it in the evening, rather than during the normal work day to give more folks a chance at a first shot. Then it's first come, first served in response to just that individual ad. Ignore any requests for reserving any future potential games for sale. If anyone gets particularly squirrely or aggressive with you, just move on to the next person.

Since you said at the beginning you don't want to offer bulk buys, this sounds like it would be the easiest approach for you and the fairest approach for everyone else. It would be just like any other game that goes up for sale.

#464 7 years ago

How the hell can I do this to be "fair" and get as many machines as possible sold at "fair" prices without over 50% of the people here bitching?

As I mentioned a few posts up, just put up a FS ad for each game, just like everybody else here does. You don't need to reinvent the wheel and come up with an alternative method of selling things--the system is already in place.

AND AS FAR AS PICTURES - ANY OF YOU GO AHEAD AND TRY POSTING PICTURES HERE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS - PICTURES ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS THREAD ACCORDING TO PINSIDE RULES (not my choice). I tried to post a couple overview pictures of the warehouse on the first day or second day and PINSIDE WOULD NOT LET ME?

Threads in the regional for-sale forum do not allow photos to be posted, but you can link to a marketplace ad.

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought the rule was anything under 3k (or is it 2500?) can be posted in the regional FS threads?

Anything under $3k can be listed in a regional FS thread without requiring an accompanying marketplace ad. This was a compromise for folks who still wanted to post a cheap, quick local sale.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I think you need to get the bulk idea out of your head. You are really just doing a bunch of individual games for sale. Just so happens you have a bunch you will be listing in blocks.

This.

#471 7 years ago

If so could you let the community know that it wasn't me that started this thread their.

Yes, it was moved.

#476 7 years ago

OK - how about this idea. I post games with a "fair" asking price and then sell them to the highest bidder that contacts me within 48 hours. I post the winner - selling price - etc. and any money beyond my original asking price I donate to charity. Would that make everyone happy?
I hate the highest bidder idea because I really don't want or need the extra money. Anyone that knows me knows my life isn't about money it is about sharing. I give away as many parts as I sell & when selling parts I try to keep my prices as low as possible to help as many people as possible. There are a handful of items I have to price higher or I have local people who just grab them up for resale at a profit but otherwise as long as I cover my cost I am happy.
If I go the charity route - I would put a poll up to see what charities Pinsiders would like to see money go to. I can't imagine people here fighting over that but I might be wrong!

Skip, I'd say just post a FS ad with a price and call it a day. There's no need to over-complicate things with secret auctions or whatnot.

#513 7 years ago

Closed at the request of the OP.

Thanks for participating, folks.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warehouse-find-lots-of-pins-for-sale-shortly-no-list-yet?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.