(Topic ID: 176434)

Warehouse Find - Carlisle, PA - Lots of pins for sale shortly - NEW BETTER PLAN?

By too-many-pins

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 513 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“How to list these machines for sale?”

• "Fair Price" and disclose all information when I am ready 111 votes
    38%
  • Lower starting price - add list and prices tomorrow and who ever makes best offer by 1/6/17 gets each machine 31 votes
    11%
  • Stop posting - end this thread and just list each for sale one at a time in the market 79 votes
    27%
  • Other - and if you vote for other make post with suggestions 5 votes
    2%
  • List these somewhere like eBay with auction style format and let buyers determine what each is worth 17 votes
    6%
  • Post on Craig's List 3 votes
    1%
  • Post on Facebook 1 vote
  • You should have never bought them all in the first place 9 votes
    3%
  • Shut up and go away 39 votes
    13%

(295 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crlush.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#65 7 years ago

Following, waiting to see pics

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Well said! To me the guys with "more money than GOD" that keep driving prices up with any hobby kind of take the fun out of things for the rest of us. To me the pinball hobby (or any hobby for that matter) should be more about enjoying the hobby not having the biggest checkbook or bankroll of hundred dollar bills.
I guarantee I have just as much fun playing Pin-Bot, Firepower, or Jungle Lord as the guys do that have 3 new $10,000 machines with all their mods. Something has truly gotten lost with this hobby over the past few years since a lot of guys with a lot of money have taken some of the fun out of it for those of us with smaller bankbooks. Hopefully me getting into these machines will get some machines to people who can enjoy bringing them back to life as much as I do and not just to "flippers" looking to double their money by putting some LEDs and mods on something and then asking double what it is worth for it.
I do understand all ways of thinking about this but I still liked it better when you could find a project machine and spend a week or two making it into something to enjoy. In most cases - those days seem to be behind us in this hobby.
Guys with the big bankbooks - sorry I feel this way but too much money coming into this hobby has really changed things in the 10 years or so that I have been involved with it. Yes - there is room for everyone but not everyone has a tough time deciding which of the new $10,000 machines they want to buy. There are still a good many of us that need to save up to buy a $1000 machine we can fix up and enjoy.
And for those of you thinking "this guy has balls saying this when he is buying a warehouse full of machines". I wish I was spending my money on this deal but I don't even have the money for the fuel & rental truck let alone all these machines! Thankfully I have good friends & family!

Couldnt have said it better myself, hope people get the pins you sell that will enjoy them.

#152 7 years ago

Quoted from too-many-pins:THE WAY THE GAME WILL BE PLAYED IS:

1 week later
#451 7 years ago

This is getting ridiculous, glws on ebay, thred drained.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crlush.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warehouse-find-lots-of-pins-for-sale-shortly-no-list-yet?tu=crlush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.