(Topic ID: 176434)

Warehouse Find - Carlisle, PA - Lots of pins for sale shortly - NEW BETTER PLAN?

By too-many-pins

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 513 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“How to list these machines for sale?”

• "Fair Price" and disclose all information when I am ready 111 votes
    38%
  • Lower starting price - add list and prices tomorrow and who ever makes best offer by 1/6/17 gets each machine 31 votes
    11%
  • Stop posting - end this thread and just list each for sale one at a time in the market 79 votes
    27%
  • Other - and if you vote for other make post with suggestions 5 votes
    2%
  • List these somewhere like eBay with auction style format and let buyers determine what each is worth 17 votes
    6%
  • Post on Craig's List 3 votes
    1%
  • Post on Facebook 1 vote
  • You should have never bought them all in the first place 9 votes
    3%
  • Shut up and go away 39 votes
    13%

(295 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#107 7 years ago

If you find any EMs please let me know! Or cheap good solid-state projects that can fit my annoying budget, I would LOVE those I really appreciate your post about the value of machines, etc., as the prices are getting too large for me to even keep buying at this point. Some people seek out deals to save money and not piss off their wife but for me it is the only way I can participate. I have never paid over $500 (which was only once) for any of my 40~ (arcade count included) machines, even the solid-state games. Quick Craigslist reactions, good deals, or rough cheap projects are the way I am able to participate in buying new games, and thankfully I got quite good at finding all of them.

My home is in Shillington, PA, not far from you.

Next time, I too would be wary about posting before they are in your hands.

1 week later
#445 7 years ago

Honestly: I lost a large chunk of interest when I heard you'll be charging around market value for each machine. You must have overpaid. I'm not understanding the hype and excitement as much as others anymore due to this - if you want a few hundred games at market price go to Pinfest. Usually what makes these bulk buys special is the lower prices on these project/very dormant games which get people excited.

Now all that is left is the fact that they're popping up for sale at all, good for games that don't come up much, but I think everything besides rarities/low produced games are pretty findable these days if you really want it and have an ounce of patience.

It's like a well-priced estate sale vs. a new Walmart opening in town. This is the Walmart. Same stuff others have, at the same price everybody else charges. Might be cool to take a walk through the new construction and just looking, next week or next month or whenever you find some boring spare time, but not worth waking up early and lining up at the door on opening day for, especially if nothing is "on sale". Sooooo... why exactly are we all standing around? Just go to the Pinside Market/CL/eBay and see if the title you are looking for is there.

To be fair, perhaps you just wanted to be the Walmart all along and sell slooooow and it is PINSIDE that got the wrong idea and figured this to be yet another usual bulk fire sale - that is likely the rift that caused this thread to be so long.

On another note, people are saying they would buy (and replying on an internet forum with a sentence seems to be easier for a LOT of people than actually committing to a purchase) but I am worried for you that you will have major trouble selling these like this. You hop back and forth between "These NEED to go" and "I can wait a lifetime for my price!"... which is it, truly? You are not going to have a "fire sale" unless the prices are even better than low - else everything will definitely sit around longer as people around here have the same collector "not a crazy deal? I need time to think about this, it's low priority" attitude, especially at retail prices, regardless if you have that time or not. If people worry somebody else is going to get them/want to get them first it really gets things moving.

Looking forward to your Pinfest selection!

#449 7 years ago
Quoted from Max_Power:

I'm a local guy and I wanted no part of this. I saw this becoming the shit storm it did. Looks like this is where to look for the pictures.
ebay.com link

Ahh, never put two and two together. I recently bought an eBay purchase on there for like $15 and he threw in some extra little things - very very good experience and we chat had a small chat through eBay messages about pinball, and has ads I frequently find myself looking at.

Thanks, Skip!

Still... somebody end this madness! I also threw out my offer a while back to help move some of this stuff in return for grabbing one of these projects, with my budget and all. Pros and cons of young age I guess - at least I can heave some shit around like nobody's business!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warehouse-find-lots-of-pins-for-sale-shortly-no-list-yet?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.