(Topic ID: 176434)

Warehouse Find - Carlisle, PA - Lots of pins for sale shortly - NEW BETTER PLAN?

By too-many-pins

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 513 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“How to list these machines for sale?”

• "Fair Price" and disclose all information when I am ready 111 votes
    38%
  • Lower starting price - add list and prices tomorrow and who ever makes best offer by 1/6/17 gets each machine 31 votes
    11%
  • Stop posting - end this thread and just list each for sale one at a time in the market 79 votes
    27%
  • Other - and if you vote for other make post with suggestions 5 votes
    2%
  • List these somewhere like eBay with auction style format and let buyers determine what each is worth 17 votes
    6%
  • Post on Craig's List 3 votes
    1%
  • Post on Facebook 1 vote
  • You should have never bought them all in the first place 9 votes
    3%
  • Shut up and go away 39 votes
    13%

(295 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Firebaall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from cattss13:

SOUNDS LIKE A BUNCH OF BULL SHIT TO ME.

I see a lot of typing but not a single picture...

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

CLIMB INTO MY SHOES AND SEE IF YOU WOULD POST PICTURES YET. I asked people in my first post please do not PM me about these and yet I have gotten over 50 emails so far in less than 2 days. What do you think would happen if I posted pictures and people actually knew what titles I was selling?

If I were in your shoes, my mouth would have been sealed until what I wanted was securely in my basement. After that, pictures, prices or auctions. No drama.

But hey, enjoy sifting through the mess of emails and deal hounds.

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

im still wondering what this thread is about.

A drama queen.

#286 7 years ago

If you don't want or need to be here why do you keep coming back? 90% of the people get it so maybe the 10% that don't are the ones that should just hang out somewhere else?

Like I said...

Drama queen. Who doesn't turn their heads to see a train wreck?

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Someone's a little jealous! Too bad you live so far away you won't be able to take part in this!
I'm sure many of us would be making rude, baseless comments at you if you had a similar thread going on up in Canada, though...so i guess i understand.

Well, not jealous at all. I don't have the room for anything more than I already have.

As for baseless....well there's 6 pages of train wreck to see why that's not the case.

All in all, I hope it works out for everybody. The weird pseudo sales pitch/attention/drama queen style is something I would have expected if Kaneda was involved. But choo choo....

#333 7 years ago

As far as pictures I am still trying to get that figured out. Pinside will not allow me to post pictures here - I don't have a photo hosting website - and I don't know exactly how I am going to handle that.

There's lots of solutions. Try:

http://imgur.com/

If you register, you can keep it nicely organized too.

#390 7 years ago

Looks like my local guy decided to change his thumbs down to thumbs up after he realized I could see who he was. Don't worry I will not hold it against you. I just hate the haters when I am trying to do something good for the pinball community.
GOOD NIGHT! I need a few hours sleep so I can start clearing out the garage tomorrow.

Acting like the soup Nazi is why people are giving you "thumbs down".

You complain about not having enough time to take pictures, you really haven't done anything beyond typing a tirade. The irony is in you taking more time flapping your fingers on the keyboard, than pushing the shutter button on your camera. If you don't want the negative commentary, post pictures. Leave your bizarre selling ritual/rules in the trash can.

No soup for you!

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Respect your elders dung beetle.

He's 100% dead on. Respect is not a right, it's earned.

The OP is pretty much doing exactly what many suspected and I'm pretty much surprised that some are letting him get away with it. He claims he has the first load of games, but won't post a single picture. He claims he's too busy, yet on, and on he goes...

Nobody cares if the machines are dirty, piled up in his garage or whatever his reason for not posting a single solitary image to back up his pages upon pages of drivel. Maybe it's all true, or maybe it's just a pile of delusional bullshit... One thing for certain, this is a shit show. Now he's saying that he's had enough, and that he'll stop posting...

Well, that's convenient. At least he's "putting up, or shutting up".

#421 7 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

I'm the OP's son.

I believe you.

Long-winded post...check.

Tooting your dad's horn...check

No pics....check.

#484 7 years ago
Quoted from Mark_in_PA:

I would be careful here; ebay is clever at figuring this out and possibly a violation of their TOS.
ebay.com link

It's actually fraud.

...stand up guy indeed.

Quoted from pinlink:

This is getting hard to watch.

#506 7 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

IMO no one needs to see pictures or descriptions of games that isn't actually serious about buying or bidding. Plain and simple. The way to weed out just the serious folks is have them give you something. This can be done with a shopping cart link setup for $1 purchase, where you enter your Pinside username as well. That gives a Pinside username & address of a potential buyer. The $1 gets refunded even. Then a login is created on a private website that you must use your pinside username & a password to enter -- and you have access to each lot of machines posted, with pictures & description of the games. Within that private website machines could be listed with a price & people sign-up for a drawing.. or bidding is done via a silent auction. No one knows who else bid or signed up for what. It's just a thought of how to do this in a way that isn't as open to some feeding frenzy.
If people can't handle some more private way of doing things like that, then I guess eBay or the marketplace ads are the way to go. Or we go with the original plan that has been long delayed for about 3-4 years and fix games up for sale. I really don't care how any of this happens, but I will not have it affect MY LIFE in any major way or see it cause huge amounts of stress for any close family involved.

You sure you don't want to add a secret handshake and dance to that routine?

Maybe ask a few riddles to spice things up too! I mean, how can you know if a buyer's serious unless he can tap dance on a table top, while throwing up random LA gang hand signs, and answering which ring on the fourth hand most resembles the seal of the waning moon?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Firebaall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warehouse-find-lots-of-pins-for-sale-shortly-no-list-yet?tu=Firebaall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.