(Topic ID: 176434)

Warehouse Find - Carlisle, PA - Lots of pins for sale shortly - NEW BETTER PLAN?

By too-many-pins

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 513 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“How to list these machines for sale?”

• "Fair Price" and disclose all information when I am ready 110 votes
    38%
  • Lower starting price - add list and prices tomorrow and who ever makes best offer by 1/6/17 gets each machine 31 votes
    11%
  • Stop posting - end this thread and just list each for sale one at a time in the market 78 votes
    27%
  • Other - and if you vote for other make post with suggestions 5 votes
    2%
  • List these somewhere like eBay with auction style format and let buyers determine what each is worth 17 votes
    6%
  • Post on Craig's List 3 votes
    1%
  • Post on Facebook 1 vote
  • You should have never bought them all in the first place 9 votes
    3%
  • Shut up and go away 39 votes
    13%

(293 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

This topic is closed.

There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
#401 2 years ago

Skip you sound like a nice guy, just sell at your own pace. Folks, Skip may be a little older than most on Pinside lets give him a break. No need to stress about these machines, i am sure when ready he will post some pics.

#402 2 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

You know what I am done with you guys! Maybe I'll have stuff ready next week or maybe it will be a year from now - if you can't understand why I listed these here or why I can't get stuff done sooner by now there is no sense me posting any more!
My goal was to sell some machines quickly so I could pick up more from the deal when the guy called but at this point I just don't care anymore. So I will not post again until I have pictues & stuff ready but it might be months now because I just don't give a shit about the rest of that deal or any of this at this point. I got what I wanted for the collection already and all of the rest of this just isn't worth it to me.

Alright, I will bite. You made a post about selling machines when you didn't (and to some extent) still do not know what you had. You listed 14 machines, but no prices. All you did was throw chum in the water trying to work everyone up in a frenzy so when you do post you hopefully will get a lot of interest. It isn't a bad way to advertise, but please stop trying to play the martyr. If you wanted to help out all those poor pinsiders who cannot afford to pay top dollar for a machine you wouldn't be doing this for a profit, which we would all have to be stupid to think you aren't.

You have near 100 posts in here, but talk about you have no time. For someone who has no time you have an inordinate amount of time to write out these replies. List your machines for sale, by all means. Make some money for your troubles because this is a lot of work. You are earning it, but stop the act. You have too much time from your posts in this thread and you aren't selling the machines in groups because whoever bought a group of them would expect a discount. By selling them off 1-2 to different people you maximize what you get. In short, stop treating the people on here like idiots.

#403 2 years ago

Respect your elders dung beetle.

#404 2 years ago

Dung makes several excellent points. This started off as an interesting thread but it seems to have gone into the weeds....

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Respect your elders dung beetle.

He's 100% dead on. Respect is not a right, it's earned.

The OP is pretty much doing exactly what many suspected and I'm pretty much surprised that some are letting him get away with it. He claims he has the first load of games, but won't post a single picture. He claims he's too busy, yet on, and on he goes...

Nobody cares if the machines are dirty, piled up in his garage or whatever his reason for not posting a single solitary image to back up his pages upon pages of drivel. Maybe it's all true, or maybe it's just a pile of delusional bullshit... One thing for certain, this is a shit show. Now he's saying that he's had enough, and that he'll stop posting...

Well, that's convenient. At least he's "putting up, or shutting up".

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Alright, I will bite. You made a post about selling machines when you didn't (and to some extent) still do not know what you had. You listed 14 machines, but no prices. All you did was throw chum in the water trying to work everyone up in a frenzy so when you do post you hopefully will get a lot of interest. It isn't a bad way to advertise, but please stop trying to play the martyr. If you wanted to help out all those poor pinsiders who cannot afford to pay top dollar for a machine you wouldn't be doing this for a profit, which we would all have to be stupid to think you aren't.
You have near 100 posts in here, but talk about you have no time. For someone who has no time you have an inordinate amount of time to write out these replies. List your machines for sale, by all means. Make some money for your troubles because this is a lot of work. You are earning it, but stop the act. You have too much time from your posts in this thread and you aren't selling the machines in groups because whoever bought a group of them would expect a discount. By selling them off 1-2 to different people you maximize what you get. In short, stop treating the people on here like idiots.

this post and the list of thumbs up on it are a good list of people that just dont get 'it' and are worth ignoring.

People have time for posting on a message board. a post takes maybe a minute. Moving literally hundreds of games around and reorganizing is a monumental task. Hell it took me 3 months just to rearrange my whole collection and get 10 new games set up and working.

#408 2 years ago

This thread is mostly positive. Ignore negative posts. It just magnifies the minority.

#409 2 years ago

I'm definitely interested as well. We've been operating a freeplay retrocade/museum here in Arkansas for 4 years now and are finally building our pin collection up. Would love to make a big addition! I'll keep an eye on this post for sure

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

this post and the list of thumbs up on it are a good list ....Hell it took me 3 months just to rearrange my whole collection and get 10 new games set up and working.

Agreed and I only have a few machines. Watching in envy from the edge of pin wasteland for the new supply of machines for the commoners. Keep on trucking OP good luck!

#411 2 years ago

Skip,

Though I normally watch from the wings, I can't help but chime in.

I recognize your enthusiasm and love for the hobby as well as respect your desire to share the wealth in a fair and equitable manner. I am empathetic with the position you're in now. Often, when trying to do the right thing, circumstances quickly become frustrating and often end up pleasing nobody at all.

I would encourage you to take a step back, refocus on why you originally wanted to share this opportunity, and then move forward being true to your goals.

You will have plenty of detractors, but many more supporters when your plans come to fruition.

Good luck,

Rody

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Doug,

I am 62 years old with a ton of stuff going on. I sell online and sometime take a break for packing or moving stuff around and try to answer people post who either don't know how to read or just want to keep stirring shit up and somehow I am the bad guy?

If any of you read my ORIGINAL post I said I put this out their to give people a heads up that I would be selling off a lot of machines in a few weeks. I am not the one trying to change that -- some people here are the ones trying to push me into doing something different than I originally posted and it isn't going to happen.

Never had I said I didn't plan on making a profit - I am not that stupid. What I have said is I am not putting LED's in machines and then going to post them for double what they are worth trying to find a sucker.

What I finally realized today is it just isn't worth it for me to try to explain this anymore. So when I have the garage cleared out and machines ready to sell I'll list them. Until that happens the list I posted last night is all the information I can give you right now. Think what you want - say what you want - it isn't going to change anything. This process will happen as quickly as I have time to make it happen - no sooner and no longer.

So at this point FORGET about the 1/5/17 date as far as the first listings being posted. If I can make that happen I will but if not I am not going to worry about it anymore. I am sick of working 18 to 20 hours a day trying to make something happen at a rate other people think it should happen. I am sort of sorry I ever put this up here to begin with but since I did already I just have to deal with it. What I don't have to do is bend over backwards for people who will have something negative to say no matter what I do.

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from Rody:

Skip,
Though I normally watch from the wings, I can't help but chime in.
I recognize your enthusiasm and love for the hobby as well as respect your desire to share the wealth in a fair and equitable manner. I am empathetic with the position you're in now. Often, when trying to do the right thing, circumstances quickly become frustrating and often end up pleasing nobody at all.
I would encourage you to take a step back, refocus on why you originally wanted to share this opportunity, and then move forward being true to your goals.
You will have plenty of detractors, but many more supporters when your plans come to fruition.
Good luck,
Rody

Rody,

It is funny with the timing of your post because after I hit send I just read yours and it is pretty much exactly what I had just posted. THANKS!

#414 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Don't let em get you down Skip. You made it clear it was the 2nd of next year, everyone will just have to wait. Thanks for giving people a chance to save some $ in advance! Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Quoted from Whysnow:

2-many-pins >> dont let the haters get to you. Reality is that any event like this will bring out all sorts of people that like to be pissed off. Many of them are just trolling for a reaction.
Granted, once the prices are up is when you will get the real reactions. The pitchforks will really come out if your prices dont match the hype, but that is just he nature of the cut throat colelcting that is this or any collectible hobby.

Why do you guys keep thinking your going to get a "steal"?? He's not going to give things away and he's already stated his prices are firm. This idea that he will sell you a game for $500 less than anybody else is crazy, I cant wait to see the reaction when prices finally get posted.

#415 2 years ago

You know what I am done with you guys! Maybe I'll have stuff ready next week or maybe it will be a year from now - if you can't understand why I listed these here or why I can't get stuff done sooner by now there is no sense me posting any more!
My goal was to sell some machines quickly so I could pick up more from the deal when the guy called but at this point I just don't care anymore. So I will not post again until I have pictues & stuff ready but it might be months now because I just don't give a shit about the rest of that deal or any of this at this point. I got what I wanted for the collection already and all of the rest of this just isn't worth it to me.

Back already? That was quick.

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Why do you guys keep thinking your going to get a "steal"?? He's not going to give things away and he's already stated his prices are firm. This idea that he will sell you a game for $500 less than anybody else is crazy, I cant wait to see the reaction when prices finally get posted.

I am not expecting anything besides him to post a bunch of pins for sale. That is exciting and fun! even if watching from the sidelines.

I dont think anyone is expecting a steal. Pretty sure they are taking OP at face value and assuming they will be fair prices. Probably something for everyone that is close enough and interested in making something happen.

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from BeatBachs:

I'm definitely interested as well. We've been operating a freeplay retrocade/museum here in Arkansas for 4 years now and are finally building our pin collection up. Would love to make a big addition! I'll keep an eye on this post for sure

Is it really that much of a pinball wasteland from Fayetteville to Carlisle, PA that you'd drive 1,100 miles one way for a few pins?! Holy cow. Good luck.

#418 2 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

Nobody cares if the machines are dirty, piled up in his garage or whatever his reason for not posting a single solitary image to back up his pages upon pages of drivel. Maybe it's all true, or maybe it's just a pile of delusional bullshit...

I can assure you and anyone else that the project machines & warehouse find the OP has posted about are legit. I was down picking up the first load with him about a week ago. I'm the OP's son.

Anyone that went to Allentown last year may have met me & my father at the PINITECH booth. If you've bought from me or met me, you know the type of person I am. My own reputation & dedication here in what I've been offering the community since 2013 should speak to that. I have no problem vouching for the credibility of the OP (my father) & his many positive transactions with thousands of customers over the years both online & offline. He's been involved in all kinds of businesses.. cars, garage, landscaping, antiques, books. The people that hear some of his stories would think he's lived 5 or 10 people's lives. He's a BIG GUY and has done things in BIG WAYS. Most people scratch their heads when he talks about what he's done, or what he's up to. I know I do many times. He dreams big and he executes big. Always has. Not everyone's going to like what he has to say at all times, but the people that deal with him figure out pretty quick that he's got a big heart & will treat you fair if you treat him fair. He'll bend over backwards for you, unless you give him reason not to. Cross him or try and defame him -- or his family -- and he'll go a full 12 rounds. I think most fathers.. and most people, can relate & admire standing up for what you believe is right.

I'm not a big fan of the drama this thread has caused everyone, including him. I was going to step in mid-week last week when I saw things turning South, to post something to set context & eliminate any doubt about the reality of these machines. And to kind of to prevent what I saw this turning into, which ultimately it did turn into -- pitch forks and all. The belly of the beast that can be Pinside at times, if you let people get to you. I told him to cool it with responding to people's requests of pictures and doubts. Enough of the people that have dealt with my father or are aware of some of the volume of machines we have know this isn't some hoax and have been stepping in. But, here we are.. people couldn't stop asking the same questions, he couldn't stop himself from responding. So instead of taking this thread for what it was originally intended for -- a heads up on a bunch of machines going up for sale in early January, it's turned into a bit of a soap opera.

I'll be making another post soon, to set context so people understand my involvement in all of this & how it happened. Then I'm out until machines start to be offered up early January. Sorry if that doesn't help the people expecting a great 2nd Season

#419 2 years ago

Don't give up skip. A lot of us are hoping that you can maybe work something in our favor. If not then that's the way it goes. Don't let them get you down.

#420 2 years ago

Doug,
I am 62 years old with a ton of stuff going on. I sell online and sometime take a break for packing or moving stuff around and try to answer people post who either don't know how to read or just want to keep stirring shit up and somehow I am the bad guy?
If any of you read my ORIGINAL post I said I put this out their to give people a heads up that I would be selling off a lot of machines in a few weeks. I am not the one trying to change that -- some people here are the ones trying to push me into doing something different than I originally posted and it isn't going to happen.
Never had I said I didn't plan on making a profit - I am not that stupid. What I have said is I am not putting LED's in machines and then going to post them for double what they are worth trying to find a sucker.
What I finally realized today is it just isn't worth it for me to try to explain this anymore. So when I have the garage cleared out and machines ready to sell I'll list them. Until that happens the list I posted last night is all the information I can give you right now. Think what you want - say what you want - it isn't going to change anything. This process will happen as quickly as I have time to make it happen - no sooner and no longer.
So at this point FORGET about the 1/5/17 date as far as the first listings being posted. If I can make that happen I will but if not I am not going to worry about it anymore. I am sick of working 18 to 20 hours a day trying to make something happen at a rate other people think it should happen. I am sort of sorry I ever put this up here to begin with but since I did already I just have to deal with it. What I don't have to do is bend over backwards for people who will have something negative to say no matter what I do.

Stirring shit? If you want things to die down you stop fanning the flames. You respond quickly, consistently, and with long drawn out posts. You might as well be starting a bonfire. Make money off this, its work, but stop crying oh, woe is me.

I made my point. Continue on if you like, but you are only confirming what I said.

Quoted from Whysnow:

this post and the list of thumbs up on it are a good list of people that just dont get 'it' and are worth ignoring.
People have time for posting on a message board. a post takes maybe a minute. Moving literally hundreds of games around and reorganizing is a monumental task. Hell it took me 3 months just to rearrange my whole collection and get 10 new games set up and working.

If you are looking to buy you'll brown nose till you suffocate. You are always on whatever end serves you best. Besides for someone always crying for other's to ignore me you always seem to be replying to my posts. Perhaps you can do us both a favor and heed your own advice for a change. Go live in an echo chamber where the only opinions you hear are those you agree with.

#421 2 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

I'm the OP's son.

I believe you.

Long-winded post...check.

Tooting your dad's horn...check

No pics....check.

#422 2 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

I believe you.
Long-winded post...check.
Tooting your dad's horn...check
No pics....check.

You might be able to bait me into replying to post but I doubt you will bait Wayne into it. He has been down that path before on Pinside and he warned me before I made very many comments what some people here on Pinside will try to do. So he already knows better than to fall for it.

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Stirring shit? If you want things to die down you stop fanning the flames. You respond quickly, consistently, and with long drawn out posts. You might as well be starting a bonfire. Make money off this, its work, but stop crying oh, woe is me.
I made my point. Continue on if you like, but you are only confirming what I said.

If you are looking to buy you'll brown nose till you suffocate. You are always on whatever end serves you best. Besides for someone always crying for other's to ignore me you always seem to be replying to my posts. Perhaps you can do us both a favor and heed your own advice for a change. Go live in an echo chamber where the only opinions you hear are those you agree with.

This thread is a shit storm because of people like you. Not him. It's his thread. He told us what he's going to tell us. There's no reason to attack him for it.

None.
Zero.

#424 2 years ago

Skip, Don't take it to heart. People go on a frenzy when they get excited about a bulk sale of games. Happens every time. I tried to do the same thing a year ago. Sell off about 2 dozen project games "QUICKLY" to raise cash for a game I really wanted. I did end up selling enough to make my purchase. "Not sure if you remember but you inquired about my Xenon with the playfield overlay I had at the time." The PM's, emails, picture requests and everything else just went overboard. And the other thing was everyone wanted to buy large lots at a greatly discounted price. My idea was to let a few (well priced) games go to hobbyists to give them a break. Anyway, lessen learned was don't post bulk listing of game before getting pictures and descriptions ready. You end up spending so much time answering questions that you don't have time to get the info you really need. GLWS.

#425 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Skip, Don't take it to heart. People go on a frenzy when they get excited about a bulk sale of games. Happens every time. I tried to do the same thing a year ago. Sell off about 2 dozen project games "QUICKLY" to raise cash for a game I really wanted. I did end up selling enough to make my purchase. "Not sure if you remember but you inquired about my Xenon with the playfield overlay I had at the time." The PM's, emails, picture requests and everything else just went overboard. And the other thing was everyone wanted to buy large lots at a greatly discounted price. My idea was to let a few (well priced) games go to hobbyists to give them a break. Anyway, lessen learned was don't post bulk listing of game before getting pictures and descriptions ready. You end up spending so much time answering questions that you don't have time to get the info you really need. GLWS.

I remember & I really wanted your Zenon in a bad way I love that machine. I did manage to get a decent one a few months back but we have some work to do on it. That is one title that will be staying with me a while - I don't know what it is but I just love that machine and was so sorry we sold the first one we had a few years back with a trashed playfield. Anyway - thanks for the kind words & your support.

#426 2 years ago

People on the internet never cease to amaze me.

I've been following this as I'm curious to see what all machines will eventually be "discovered" as this event plays out. It's also been interesting to see how far some people go to get information. Jeeze, it's like watching parents fight over a little league ball game.

OP, this is your deal, work it however you want and at whatever pace that you are comfortable with. That said, if I was in your shoes, I'd also stop responding to everyone calling you out and just shut them up when I was ready to start releasing information/pictures and selling machines. Good luck!

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

He's been involved in all kinds of businesses.. cars, garage, landscaping, antiques, books. The people that hear some of his stories would think he's lived 5 or 10 people's lives. He's a BIG GUY and has done things in BIG WAYS. Most people scratch their heads when he talks about what he's done, or what he's up to. I know I do many times. He dreams big and he executes big. Always has. Not everyone's going to like what he has to say at all times, but the people that deal with him figure out pretty quick that he's got a big heart & will treat you fair if you treat him fair. He'll bend over backwards for you, unless you give him reason not to. Cross him or try and defame him -- or his family -- and he'll go a full 12 rounds.

He is.. "the most interesting man in the world"!

https://i.imgflip.com/me.jpg

#428 2 years ago

Yeah I'm really not interested in people's drama or baiting.

Here's some quick background that I wrote for a Pinside Story in 2012 when I signed up:
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/acebathound/stories/how-i-got-hooked-on-pinball

I was going to post a bit more background, but maybe I'll just leave it at that story & also say that since 2012 I really haven't had any involvement in fixing up machines. The thought was there.. my father's hope was there after I got into building diagnostic equipment. But between some big house projects, a busy job & other life events.. it just never happened. He helped me with my house the last 3 years & it has sucked more time than either of us expected. We each did our own thing in our free time over the winter.. or the weeks here and there we weren't involved in house projects together. I enjoy creating & wanted a fighting chance at being able to get through a volume of project machines in quicker ways, so I got heavier into diagnostic equipment. He kept buying machines & started up a parts business a few years back. The better project machines.. and our collection even, just sat. There's not enough time in the world to do everything & between what we already have and this warehouse find, we both decided this is the best course of action. He can travel, I can forget about having to fix up some insane amount of machines that have sat and eaten up storage rent for years.

I really don't care who doubts what at this point, it'll get real enough in about a week. C ya then.

#429 2 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

People on the internet never cease to amaze me.
I've been following this as I'm curious to see what all machines will eventually be "discovered" as this event plays out. It's also been interesting to see how far some people go to get information. Jeeze, it's like watching parents fight over a little league ball game.
OP, this is your deal, work it however you want and at whatever pace that you are comfortable with. That said, if I was in your shoes, I'd also stop responding to everyone calling you out and just shut them up when I was ready to start releasing information/pictures and selling machines. Good luck!

Thanks! Yesterday is when things crossed the line for me. When people start emailing and calling a couple of my good buddies to see what I'll be selling and I get a call for one of them asking me "what the hell I got myself into" I realized just how crazy some people are in this hobby. As I have stated all along - no ones life is depending on this - more information is only a week away as long as the weather or my health don't get in the way. Give it a break and come back in a week! If nothing else you local guys please at least stop contacting each other to ask "what Skip is up to or what Skip will be selling". Skip doesn't even know exactly what Skip is selling so no one else in "the group" or my local circle of pinball friends knows anything more than the rest of you.

I really want to stop posting and I wish I could just ignore some of what is going on but that is not my nature. I have never backed down from a fight so I sure am not going to let a couple guys on Pinside intimidate me. Just leave my son & my friends out of it. I'll fight harder for them than I will for myself!

#430 2 years ago

It's nutty man, absolutely nutty. There's too many vultures out there. It's no different than when you list a $3000 game for $2800 and people try to get it for $1200 and they get angry when it sold to someone else. Nobody on this site is owed anything. Plenty of people who were very well connected to the industry have already been lost thanks to the trolls.

#431 2 years ago

I say you just delete this whole post and forget this craziness for a week.

Its getting intense around here.

#432 2 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

I say you just delete this whole post and forget this craziness for a week.
Its getting intense around here.

Moderators what do you think?

I am not against just killing it if you think it is a good idea.

I have never been a fan of negativity and I am sure I'll get my share of that once I start selling and everyone doesn't get to buy a $2500 for $50.

#433 2 years ago

Jesus, Skip...where's the f**king list?

#434 2 years ago

Moderators what do you think?
I am not against just killing it if you think it is a good idea.
I have never been a fan of negativity and I am sure I'll get my share of that once I start selling and everyone doesn't get to buy a $2500 for $50.

Hi Skip

Scott from Australia and have no interest in the pins but we have a saying here. "Fuck em"
Don't let the bad ones out weigh the good ones mate. Keep the chin up. You seem a good fair bloke.

Your pins
Your sales
Your rules

If they don't like it see the above expression. Just my dimes worth. We'd say 2 cents.

#435 2 years ago

This is pure marketing genius Skip and son!

A lot of folks will be watching to see how this plays out. Gl with your sales, not my cup of tea but very entertaining!

#436 2 years ago

Skip:
My suggestion is to list what you have for sale and ignore all comments other than "I'll take it!".
Don't get caught up in all the bullcrap that is Pinside. Unfortunately, no matter how you go about this, many will miss out on the pin(s) they wanted, and become vocal/ignorant.
Just do your thing and enjoy it.

#437 2 years ago

The moral of the story here is don't stick your dick in a vise and then complain because it's uncomfortable. And if you're going to post things on the Internet get some thicker skin.

#438 2 years ago

Am I the only person that opens these threads hoping for a multitude of pics documenting the journey and the overall experience of the massive haul... only to be disappointed when there are no pictures?

#439 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is pure marketing genius Skip and son!
A lot of folks will be watching to see how this plays out. Gl with your sales, not my cup of tea but very entertaining!

It really wasn't about marketing it was more like "now what do we do" when Wayne and I were driving home with the first load from the warehouse find. I knew we had not done anything with our project machines or fixing machines in several years but after talking with the seller and seeing some of the machines in person we knew we were in deeper than either of us expected to be. Our original thought - when we were headed south - was to just grab the "first load" basically stuff to keep ourselves and nicely walk away from the rest or about passing the rest on to someone like Lloyd but after we got their and looked around we realized we needed to act on the complete deal ourselves.

But we also realized by doing that we were getting in even deeper and we really were not looking to do that either. After talking about it for about 9 hours on the way home we decided to just sell off everything except for 10 or 12 nice machines and here we are. No grand scheme - no real thought as to how much work was ahead of us - just thoughts of "we don't want to pay storage on these for 10 years and end up the same place the seller is at.

Then once we got home I realized it is likely going to be a tough time of the year to sell machines right after Christmas and that is when I decided to announce we decided to sell off a bunch of machines trying to get people to prepare ahead of time for what was coming shortly. Instead I keep hearing "where is the list" and "where are the pictures".

One major issue right now is how best to get pictures up once I can finally take them. Pinside does not allow pictures on this thread or I would have posted some overview shots already. So pictures is one of the things we are currently trying to figure out.

Anyway off to bed now hopefully for the first good nights sleep in over a week.

#440 2 years ago

It really wasn't about marketing it was more like "now what do we do" when Wayne and I were driving home with the first load from the warehouse find.

I was kidding, sounds like a major undertaking, hope it works out for you guys. GL!

#441 2 years ago

After laying in bed for about an hour thinking about things - still not able to sleep because of these stupid machines I realized I am overthinking this way to much and I think I came up with a solution I think very few people will be able to complain about that will also make the selling process super easy for me. This most recent idea will give everyone equal opportunity at a machine they might want and will also be the easiest method of selling for me.

What I am going to do is list each machine one at a time starting shortly after the first of the year but instead of listing them here I will list them on eBay (a venue I am very familiar with after using it for almost 20 years). This will make the listing process quicker for me with no learning curve. All machines will be listed with a fairly high (or crazy) Buy-it-Now price or BEST OFFER. Best offers can be made here or through eBay but people making best offer here by PM can buy a machine 10% cheaper than an eBay customer can because I will not have to pay eBay fees on the sale and will pass that savings along to my Pinside friends.. (The reason for the crazy asking price is to keep people from just doing the buy-it-now, because I want to sell to best offer). Not at a set Buy-it-Now price.

The beauty of this plan is I'll be able to get machines listed sooner & faster but it goes well beyond that. No one will know what I actually want for each machine and no one will know what a buyer actually paid for a machine. So anyone wanting to buy these to flip will not have to deal with the fallout of "but you only paid -- -- -- for it". Also no one can complain I played favorites in some way because first person to offer at (or over) my needed price for a machine will own it. So buyers will be setting the value of each machine worth to them, not me asking for a specific price.

But the benefits of selling this way do not end there. By selling machines this way I don't have to wait till garage is empty to list the "next group" of machines. I can list machines one at a time as I have the space in the garage. And also anything that doesn't sell quickly here can just stay listed on eBay until it sells which will save me time and make the process move quicker also.

I have already reached out to Robin a few days ago letting him know I will be making a donation to Pinside for every machine sold here and the donation will exceed what listing in the market place would cost (so a win for Robin & Pinside). eBay will get their fees for any machine sold on eBay so a win for eBay. Buyers will set the price of the machine, not me, so a win for buyers. No one can complain because someone beat them to a machine with the "first person to email idea not being used". This will create a level playfield for all buyers, so both buyer & I win on that one. And I win because selling this way will make my life much easier and hopefully there will be a lot less drama here.

Each time I list a machine I will post the fact that ____ ____ machine was just listed so Pinsiders will know about each listing or Pinsiders can just watch my eBay listings as I post each machine. I don't see a down side with listing this way? I am sure I am missing something but so far it seems like this is the best method to get this underway the quickest and to be the fairest. Let me know what you think!

#442 2 years ago

Bravo my friend. Best of luck.

#443 2 years ago

Holy fuck with all these posts. Who has the time to read all this crap? Just sell some machines, and if you can't, then close the thread.

I would snap some pics and post a proper FS ad when ready, if you plan on selling on Pinside.

#444 2 years ago

Skip,

I can't help butting in with a few words. Hoping you take this in the way that it is meant i.e to help you simplify your life and reduce stress levels as that is something you seem to be after?

I know you are a stand up guy as I have bought from you and I know you mean well and these games exist.

I am guessing from info that you have many games in storage, and a lot of rent etc to pay for storage. And here we move into the area of 'hoarding'. One of the characteristics is an overvaluation of 'stuff' and therefore it is hard to let go of things.

Let's cut to the chase. Most of these games seem to be routine games that have also been in storage a while. They are just old pinball machines.

So, sell them in the SIMPLEST way possible for YOU. Make the money you deserve, empty storage containers that drain bucks and create stress as once games go into storage it is the beginning of a slippery slope.

You will feel a lot better when they are all gone and you just have a nice collection of games you can PLAY

Good luck!!!

#445 2 years ago

Honestly: I lost a large chunk of interest when I heard you'll be charging around market value for each machine. You must have overpaid. I'm not understanding the hype and excitement as much as others anymore due to this - if you want a few hundred games at market price go to Pinfest. Usually what makes these bulk buys special is the lower prices on these project/very dormant games which get people excited.

Now all that is left is the fact that they're popping up for sale at all, good for games that don't come up much, but I think everything besides rarities/low produced games are pretty findable these days if you really want it and have an ounce of patience.

It's like a well-priced estate sale vs. a new Walmart opening in town. This is the Walmart. Same stuff others have, at the same price everybody else charges. Might be cool to take a walk through the new construction and just looking, next week or next month or whenever you find some boring spare time, but not worth waking up early and lining up at the door on opening day for, especially if nothing is "on sale". Sooooo... why exactly are we all standing around? Just go to the Pinside Market/CL/eBay and see if the title you are looking for is there.

To be fair, perhaps you just wanted to be the Walmart all along and sell slooooow and it is PINSIDE that got the wrong idea and figured this to be yet another usual bulk fire sale - that is likely the rift that caused this thread to be so long.

On another note, people are saying they would buy (and replying on an internet forum with a sentence seems to be easier for a LOT of people than actually committing to a purchase) but I am worried for you that you will have major trouble selling these like this. You hop back and forth between "These NEED to go" and "I can wait a lifetime for my price!"... which is it, truly? You are not going to have a "fire sale" unless the prices are even better than low - else everything will definitely sit around longer as people around here have the same collector "not a crazy deal? I need time to think about this, it's low priority" attitude, especially at retail prices, regardless if you have that time or not. If people worry somebody else is going to get them/want to get them first it really gets things moving.

Looking forward to your Pinfest selection!

#446 2 years ago

Holy Christ........ 500 posts later you decide your going to sell on ebay to the highest bidder. $$$$ What a frign cop out. I can only imagine this great find. Keep your stuff and sell at auction as I totally lost taste in this.

#447 2 years ago

I'm a local guy and I wanted no part of this. I saw this becoming the shit storm it did. Looks like this is where to look for the pictures.
ebay.com link

#448 2 years ago

After laying in bed for about an hour thinking about things - still not able to sleep because of these stupid machines I realized I am overthinking this way to much and I think I came up with a solution I think very few people will be able to complain about that will also make the selling process super easy for me. This most recent idea will give everyone equal opportunity at a machine they might want and will also be the easiest method of selling for me.
What I am going to do is list each machine one at a time starting shortly after the first of the year but instead of listing them here I will list them on eBay (a venue I am very familiar with after using it for almost 20 years). This will make the listing process quicker for me with no learning curve. All machines will be listed with a fairly high (or crazy) Buy-it-Now price or BEST OFFER. Best offers can be made here or through eBay but people making best offer here by PM can buy a machine 10% cheaper than an eBay customer can because I will not have to pay eBay fees on the sale and will pass that savings along to my Pinside friends.. (The reason for the crazy asking price is to keep people from just doing the buy-it-now, because I want to sell to best offer). Not at a set Buy-it-Now price.
The beauty of this plan is I'll be able to get machines listed sooner & faster but it goes well beyond that. No one will know what I actually want for each machine and no one will know what a buyer actually paid for a machine. So anyone wanting to buy these to flip will not have to deal with the fallout of "but you only paid -- -- -- for it". Also no one can complain I played favorites in some way because first person to offer at (or over) my needed price for a machine will own it. So buyers will be setting the value of each machine worth to them, not me asking for a specific price.
But the benefits of selling this way do not end there. By selling machines this way I don't have to wait till garage is empty to list the "next group" of machines. I can list machines one at a time as I have the space in the garage. And also anything that doesn't sell quickly here can just stay listed on eBay until it sells which will save me time and make the process move quicker also.
I have already reached out to Robin a few days ago letting him know I will be making a donation to Pinside for every machine sold here and the donation will exceed what listing in the market place would cost (so a win for Robin & Pinside). eBay will get their fees for any machine sold on eBay so a win for eBay. Buyers will set the price of the machine, not me, so a win for buyers. No one can complain because someone beat them to a machine with the "first person to email idea not being used". This will create a level playfield for all buyers, so both buyer & I win on that one. And I win because selling this way will make my life much easier and hopefully there will be a lot less drama here.
Each time I list a machine I will post the fact that ___ ___ machine was just listed so Pinsiders will know about each listing or Pinsiders can just watch my eBay listings as I post each machine. I don't see a down side with listing this way? I am sure I am missing something but so far it seems like this is the best method to get this underway the quickest and to be the fairest. Let me know what you think!

welp, so much for the original plan.

GLWS for all the ebay sales.

Would have been more fun to see it all go down here, but I can understand sticking with what is familiar to you.

#449 2 years ago
Quoted from Max_Power:

I'm a local guy and I wanted no part of this. I saw this becoming the shit storm it did. Looks like this is where to look for the pictures.
ebay.com link

Ahh, never put two and two together. I recently bought an eBay purchase on there for like $15 and he threw in some extra little things - very very good experience and we chat had a small chat through eBay messages about pinball, and has ads I frequently find myself looking at.

Thanks, Skip!

Still... somebody end this madness! I also threw out my offer a while back to help move some of this stuff in return for grabbing one of these projects, with my budget and all. Pros and cons of young age I guess - at least I can heave some shit around like nobody's business!

#450 2 years ago

people making best offer here by PM can buy a machine 10% cheaper than an eBay customer can because I will not have to pay eBay fees on the sale and will pass that savings along to my Pinside friends.. (The reason for the crazy asking price is to keep people from just doing the buy-it-now, because I want to sell to best offer). Not at a set Buy-it-Now price.

I would be careful here; ebay is clever at figuring this out and possibly a violation of their TOS.

ebay.com link

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 89.00
$ 109.99
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 218.00
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 79.99
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 89.00
Boards
Pappy's Pinball Palace
There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside