(Topic ID: 176434)

Warehouse Find - Carlisle, PA - Lots of pins for sale shortly - NEW BETTER PLAN?

By too-many-pins

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 513 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“How to list these machines for sale?”

• "Fair Price" and disclose all information when I am ready 111 votes
    38%
  • Lower starting price - add list and prices tomorrow and who ever makes best offer by 1/6/17 gets each machine 31 votes
    11%
  • Stop posting - end this thread and just list each for sale one at a time in the market 79 votes
    27%
  • Other - and if you vote for other make post with suggestions 5 votes
    2%
  • List these somewhere like eBay with auction style format and let buyers determine what each is worth 17 votes
    6%
  • Post on Craig's List 3 votes
    1%
  • Post on Facebook 1 vote
  • You should have never bought them all in the first place 9 votes
    3%
  • Shut up and go away 39 votes
    13%

(295 votes)

This topic is closed.

There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

Well, i guess if you have the time to read through 6 pages of "trainwreck" focused on pinball sales in another country, maybe you should consider getting a hobby?

What does the Country have to do with it? He's right, its a rambling shamble of 6 pages about being Santa Claus and overpaying for games and selling to the poor, etc, etc. When in reality, half of the people interested are going to buy and flip anyway, despite the fact they say they wont.

#302 7 years ago

Not particularly into this era of pins subscribed in case a pink panther or some EM's pop up

#303 7 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Gee, I thought Yuengling was available all over, it's a good lager but would I drive from IL. to Pa. for it? no.

Funny. Most of my firework buddies in Ohio would stammer like fools for yuengling it was a silly from our pa neighbors but NOT in Ohio. Myself I am not a beer drinker but whenever the pa guys would come to an Ohio shoot. They always had extra yuengling in tow for the Ohio boys!!

P.s. Later it became available in Ohio. So now they are very happy!! Lol.

#304 7 years ago

Are there no other machines for sale in the US? I cannot believe some of the people in this thread. I'm sure people will be creating multiple Pinside accounts just to buy more then the limit of 3. Between the vultures and crybabies I am disgusted by this community.

I appreciate what the OP is trying to do but after reading through this thread I come to the realization that no matter what he does there will still be plenty of people bitching. I wish he would just put them all on ebay and let the cards fall as they may. Then everyone has a fair shot, there are no limits, someone from tim buck two can buy it, nobody can bitch about missing for sale posts when because they are at work, etc.

#305 7 years ago

If he just puts them on eBay, then a select few could just snap them all up. He would probably get more of a return, but the community would likely see less of any benefit.

I suppose if I was in his shoes, I'd probably do a weekly listing of what was for sale at that time. Everything on the list would be listed as "best offer" and interested buyers could PM their best offer. After a week, the best offers wins, and the next list of machines go up. Buyers would have X number of days to respond and complete the deal and pick up the machine. Second best offers would be notified that they are next in line and may be called upon if the first buyer backs out. Repeat as necessary. Any machine that didn't get an offer just goes to eBay.

If you put in an offer, you are committed to that offer. Backing out would prevent you from making other offers...(although a reasonable excuse may be allowed, if it's creditable enough)

People that want to buy multiple machine can place offers, but after winning say three, they would be restricted to only getting more machines *if* no one else made an offer on a machine.

Just my $.25

#306 7 years ago

I'm scratching my head on this one, boys.

OP, why make this so complicated?

Select a price you want, post it for sale.

Post them when you have time.

Sell to the first person that matches your price or offers you a best offer you're okay with....along with giving a non-refundable 25% deposit... or give 2 days to pick up.. you choose.

Solution to no problem solved.

#307 7 years ago

If he has anything off my wishlist and I can get it, I have no problems working something out and hauling other games back and dropping off, if you are on my path from PA to SE WI.

#308 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm scratching my head on this one, boys.
OP, why make this so complicated?
Select a price you want, post it for sale.
Post them when you have time.
Sell to the first person that matches your price or offers you a best offer you're okay with....along with giving a non-refundable 25% deposit... or give 2 days to pick up.. you choose.
Solution to no problem solved.

Family is off to bed so I can do a couple quick replies now.

One thing I will not be doing is deposits - I hate doing things that way. But anyone that does not follow through with a transaction will automatically be blocked from future lots. I'll keep a list of people who don't follow though and just pass them over when next lot is listed.

Time for pick up will likely be 2 or 3 days but with a twist. If you are out of the area I will let you hold a machine for up to a month for $10. That will cover my fuel to move that machine back to storage & the storage rent for a month. Then I am willing to hold machines for an additional month (or maybe two) for $5 a month. As long as you prepay the storage fee. But after 60 or 90 days if machine isn't picked up it will be resold with no refund. THIS ISN'T A DEPOSIT - it is funds to cover my cost of moving the machine and storing it. I will only do this for people who have to travel over 300 miles each way to pick up machines!

If you are more local I'll work with you as best as I can but until the garage is emptied of sold machines I can't start on the next lot so slow pick up will delay the process and timely emptying of the garage is the only way I can keep getting lots listed. So I am going to really try to push for 2 or 3 day pick up in most cases!

Just trying to think things through ahead of time new lots will likely be listed every two or three weeks. Not only do I need time to get the lot ready (pictures, descriptions, testing each machine, etc) --- I'll also need time to drive over 750 miles to grab the next load and I expect each load to take 3 days to move back. Most of the time I'll be working alone (or maybe with some help from my son on some of the trips) so it isn't going to be a quick process!

Hope this helps explain more! All of this is just basically thinking out loud so some of the stuff might be subject to change once I finally get ready to post first lot. This is a totally new experience for me so it might take a little adjusting to get it totally right!

#309 7 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

If he just puts them on eBay, then a select few could just snap them all up. He would probably get more of a return, but the community would likely see less of any benefit.
I suppose if I was in his shoes, I'd probably do a weekly listing of what was for sale at that time. Everything on the list would be listed as "best offer" and interested buyers could PM their best offer. After a week, the best offers wins, and the next list of machines go up. Buyers would have X number of days to respond and complete the deal and pick up the machine. Second best offers would be notified that they are next in line and may be called upon if the first buyer backs out. Repeat as necessary. Any machine that didn't get an offer just goes to eBay.
If you put in an offer, you are committed to that offer. Backing out would prevent you from making other offers...(although a reasonable excuse may be allowed, if it's creditable enough)
People that want to buy multiple machine can place offers, but after winning say three, they would be restricted to only getting more machines *if* no one else made an offer on a machine.
Just my $.25

Pinside will be the only place this machines will be listed for sale - or at least the only place the first time around. If some stuff doesn't sell I might try other venues but for now I am thinking just Pinside.

As far as multiple machines pretty much planning on the 3 machine limit for each lot as stated earlier.

As far as highest offer or first person to reply by email about each title I am still trying to figure that one out but I will keep a list of highest offers (or emails) for each machine and I'll go down that list until machine is sold and picked up. So if 5 people email about one machine they will be on the list for that machine in the order the emails were received. If I do "best offer" it will be done the same way but highest offer to lowest offer will be listed on my noted for each machine.

To be "fair to buyers" I will not disclose who got each machine or final selling price if we go with highest offer before a certain date. But I might do something like Lloyd does on facebook and say "headed home with James to Ohio" unless someone tells me ahead of time they don't even want their first name out there. My reason for doing that is to let people know what direction each machine is headed. So if someone asks me not to post their first name I will just say something like "another one headed to Virginia".

One last thing - anyone from PA picking up a machine will have to pay sales tax on it unless they provide me with a sate sales tax exempt form completely filled out for my files. Just "I have a PA tax number" doesn't help me - I need the signed form. (Been down that path before with the state and I am not heading their again!)

#310 7 years ago

That solves my issue with time.

#311 7 years ago

Thanks - That is what I was hoping for!

Plus I figure buyers driving a distance will likely want to see what is in a couple loads before making the trip. This way if someone buys machines from the first lot they might have a chance for machines from 4 or 5 other lots before they run out of time to grab the first ones. Plus if I am still listing and still need the storage unit anyway 90 days isn't even set in stone. As long as my cost to store a machine is covered I really don't care if it sits a few months. Heck the way prices are going these days in 6 months I'll likely be able to resell it for more money anyway if buyer doesn't show for it!

Sorry again for so many post but I am trying to figure out what will work best for everyone. Yes I do need to think about myself first but I can also be thinking about my customers. I call that a win-win and that is the only way I like to do business!

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

I'm down Mark. Maybe we could get a few others in and fill up a 26' Uhaul and take a road trip.

We can do a 53' trailer. Can get one and drive it to location. Rental and driving fee would be a few pins.

#313 7 years ago

Your best plan as stated is rent a proper 30 foot truck or tractor trailer if needed, pickup up the machines, correctly inventory, evaluate, and then prepare the sale. Rent proper long term warehouse storage after initial transport.
Do not leave the machines on the original site after negotiations.
Use local trusted collectors to assist you with pickup and technical review, not flippers coming out of the woodwork that cheerfully state that they "want to help".

You should already be considering overhead costs.

You cannot sell games that you have not evaluated.
You cannot evaluate games without proper space.
You are looking to increase your headaches.

As an experienced container buyer, don't jump ahead in execution of planning, and do not make promises you cannot keep.
The number of people that way they "will buy" is never the actual reality.

You will need the storage space for management, proper evaluation, and sales for at least 2-6 months.

GLWS

#314 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Your best plan as stated is rent a proper 30 foot truck or tractor trailer if needed, pickup up the machines, correct inventory, evaluate and then prepare the sale. Rent proper long term warehouse storage. Use local trusted collectors to assist you with pickup and technical review, not flippers coming out of the woodwork that sale they "want to help".
You cannot sell games that you have not evaluated. You are looking to increase your headaches.
As an experienced container buyer, don't jump ahead in execution of planning, and do not make promises you cannot keep. The number of people that way they "will buy" is never the actual reality, you will need the storage space for management and proper evaluation.
GLWS

There are a few issues with you suggestions as far as my end of things. First off the seller doesn't want anyone but my son & I involved with machine pick up so that kills the idea of help on that end. I have a bad back & bad knees so I hate loading "high" either up a ramp or up and down with a lift gate so I prefer loading a trailer to a truck. Plus the first storage unit would be tight for much beyond about a 22' box truck. With a tractor trailer - there would be no way and even my van with a trailer was a PITA in this place. Some storage units just are not built for big trucks!

But more importantly the seller wants to get paid and I just don't have nearly $50,000 sitting around to buy everything in one shot anyway. So I need to sell machines to be able to pick up the next load. That is why we are planning on selling stuff from our collection first. I already know what is up with each of those machines so I can list them quickly and they are already here so I don't have to move them to list them. Once they are sold it gives me funds for the next load and so on. I do have investors in place if I need to use them but that will add to my cost and that will then up the cost of each machine for my customers. So I prefer using my money and selling some of the collection to fund as much as possible.

As far as promises I can't keep I should be good to keep up with my end of things but I am concerned about buyers that don't do their part to keep things moving! My biggest fear is people stalling for more time to pick up machines which will delay the next load. If buyers work with me this process should go smooth - if not it will not be me not living up to what I promised.

But thanks for the suggestions & your input!

#315 7 years ago

Time to say goodbye for a couple days I have to head west tomorrow to pick up another group of stuff I bought. So I'll be on the road for a couple days. I'll check back in sometime Wednesday to see what additional questions I need to answer. Thanks to all who have posted so far! Keep the suggestions coming!

#317 7 years ago

I've had an ongoing discussion with a good friend for a number of years debating whether one has to be an a-hole and screw others over to be successful financially in business. Basically - he believes your chances of financial success in business are directly tied to how big of an a-hole you are and your willingness to make unethical decisions. I don't agree. Several individuals we have known over the years who have earned a significant fortune while screwing others over -- have also lost their fortunes.

I believe in Karma -- and so it's always reassuring to hear a story about someone who "does the right thing" getting ahead!

Favorited your thread and hope you find some Alvin G's you'll be selling!

#318 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

There are a few issues with you suggestions as far as my end of things. First off the seller doesn't want anyone but my son & I involved with machine pick up so that kills the idea of help on that end. I have a bad back & bad knees so I hate loading "high" either up a ramp or up and down with a lift gate so I prefer loading a trailer to a truck. Plus the first storage unit would be tight for much beyond about a 22' box truck. With a tractor trailer - there would be no way and even my van with a trailer was a PITA in this place. Some storage units just are not built for big trucks!
But more importantly the seller wants to get paid and I just don't have nearly $50,000 sitting around to buy everything in one shot anyway. So I need to sell machines to be able to pick up the next load. That is why we are planning on selling stuff from our collection first. I already know what is up with each of those machines so I can list them quickly and they are already here so I don't have to move them to list them. Once they are sold it gives me funds for the next load and so on. I do have investors in place if I need to use them but that will add to my cost and that will then up the cost of each machine for my customers. So I prefer using my money and selling some of the collection to fund as much as possible.
As far as promises I can't keep I should be good to keep up with my end of things but I am concerned about buyers that don't do their part to keep things moving! My biggest fear is people stalling for more time to pick up machines which will delay the next load. If buyers work with me this process should go smooth - if not it will not be me not living up to what I promised.
But thanks for the suggestions & your input!

Unfortunately things never go as expected especially with all the things /stipulations that you / other sellers want to happen . Good luck with this huge undertaking and hopefully i get to come pick up a few machines from you at some point .

#319 7 years ago

Warehouse Find - Carlisle, PA - Lots of pins for sale shortly - no list yet! ??? Why is there 7 pages of questions and answers? No pictures -lists of games or prices? Why was this posting put up???

#320 7 years ago

For the hype!

#321 7 years ago

To get the word out about sell to everyone.
I'm glad I got the heads up.

#322 7 years ago

There are a few sellers on pinside that offer very fair prices on their games. Rockland pinball comes to mind off the top of my head.

When they have games, they list them for sale. . Period. A for sale list is posted for all to see and then anyone interested can send a message.

Keep it simple. This entire thread is so ridiculous.

#323 7 years ago

I think the Op should have waited before posting anything. I truly hope this works out for him and everyone hoping to purchase from him but with out any machines actually in his possession this could turn out bad if things don't go as planed.

As far as selling possess not sure why this is so complicated, he has been selling for years and apparently the method he used has worked in the past. Set a price, take a picture and sell it to the person with cash in hand.

Funny he wants you to pay sales tax if your from PA.
OP "One last thing - anyone from PA picking up a machine will have to pay sales tax on it unless they provide me with a sate sales tax exempt form completely filled out for my files. Just "I have a PA tax number" doesn't help me - I need the signed form. (Been down that path before with the state and I am not heading their again!)"

He doesn't collect sales tax when he sells at Allentown. ??

Sure all the posters hoping to score a machine or two will not like my post but I truly hope it works out for everyone.

#324 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

There are a few sellers on pinside that offer very fair prices on their games. Rockland pinball comes to mind off the top of my head.
When they have games, they list them for sale. . Period. A for sale list is posted for all to see and then anyone interested can send a message.
Keep it simple. This entire thread is so ridiculous.

I have never seen a seller selling a group of over 50 machines in a short period of time without some notice. If these were are an auction house there would be at least 60 days notice - if it was at one of the arcade auctions there would likely be 30 days notice (and no list) and yet when I give people 2 weeks notice right before Christmas with sale starting right after the first of the year there is something wrong with doing that?

Then during the time people ask questions and I reply making the post longer and somehow that is a problem?

PLAIN & SIMPLE - The purpose of this post ORIGINALLY was clearly stated. This post was to let people know they might want to hang on to extra cash they received as gifts or had after their holiday gifts were bought because a bunch of pinball machines would be coming up for sale in Central PA right after the first of the year. NOTHING MORE or NOTHING LESS. Some of you might even work for companies that still give Christmas bonuses wouldn't you like a heads up about something like this?

Now why you guys are bitching about me posting this or debating if I should have posted it or what ever I have an 800 mile drive to make picking up more machines to share with you. Maybe - if it is such an issue to sell something here I should just keep all of them and let them sit like a good many people have been doing. Then toss some LED's in them and ask double the price for them would that make everyone happy? GOD knows I really don't need all the drama when I am trying to do something good for the hobby!

#325 7 years ago
Quoted from Max_Power:

He doesn't collect sales tax when he sells at Allentown. ??

NO HE DOESN'T - He pays that out of his own pocket after the show but if you prefer I will charge an extra 10% for what I sell this year to cover my tax payment & some of my expenses of selling. Thanks for reminding me!

#326 7 years ago

I have never seen a seller selling a group of over 50 machines in a short period of time without some notice. If these were are an auction house there would be at least 60 days notice - if it was at one of the arcade auctions there would likely be 30 days notice (and no list) and yet when I give people 2 weeks notice right before Christmas with sale starting right after the first of the year there is something wrong with doing that?
Then during the time people ask questions and I reply making the post longer and somehow that is a problem?
PLAIN & SIMPLE - The purpose of this post ORIGINALLY was clearly stated. This post was to let people know they might want to hang on to extra cash they received as gifts or had after their holiday gifts were bought because a bunch of pinball machines would be coming up for sale in Central PA right after the first of the year. NOTHING MORE or NOTHING LESS. Some of you might even work for companies that still give Christmas bonuses wouldn't you like a heads up about something like this?
Now why you guys are bitching about me posting this or debating if I should have posted it or what ever I have an 800 mile drive to make picking up more machines to share with you. Maybe - if it is such an issue to sell something here I should just keep all of them and let them sit like a good many people have been doing. Then toss some LED's in them and ask double the price for them would that make everyone happy? GOD knows I really don't need all the drama when I am trying to do something good for the hobby!

you layed the story down.. Now people want a list and some pics...even if there not available yet. you sound like a nice guy..but why put all this out there with no info. or pictures?

#327 7 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

but why put all this out there with no info. or pictures?

He doesn't have the games yet they are still in storage till he can pick them up.

#328 7 years ago

Now why you guys are bitching about me posting this or debating if I should have posted it. GOD knows I really don't need all the drama when I am trying to do something good for the hobby!

Because Pinside is a discussion forum, that's why all the opinions and comments. If you don't need the drama, then you posted to the wrong forum.

#329 7 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

you layed the story down.. Now people want a list and some pics...even if there not available yet. you sound like a nice guy..but why put all this out there with no info. or pictures?

Why do they do it at arcade auctions?

If you guys really want a list later this week I'll give you a list of the first 12 or 14 machines. No prices or additional information - just a list.

As far as pictures I am still trying to get that figured out. Pinside will not allow me to post pictures here - I don't have a photo hosting website - and I don't know exactly how I am going to handle that. But right now the only pictures I could post would be of folded up machines and I don't see where that would be of any help anyway. Additional information about the machines is the same issue. I don't know much about some of these till I have a chance to look them over.

OK - I really need to hit the road. I was suppose to be out of here at 8:30 and it is almost 9 so I am late already.

#330 7 years ago

Pinside will not allow me to post pictures here .

You'll be needing to create a Marketplace ad for games when they are for sale and the photos will go into the ad. Then you can link to the ads in this thread.

FYI, you don't need a photo sharing service, just download the free Google Photos app and then you'll be able to post a link to any pics easily. Great app.

#331 7 years ago

No need to explain to the public OP. You handle this the way you want to handle it. I'm a good ways away from you so i probably don't stand a chance but I will be ok with however you decide to go about the sale. Thank you for offering these back to the public.

#332 7 years ago

When the OP actually posts pics or pricing information here that's when the real shitstorm will start.

#333 7 years ago

As far as pictures I am still trying to get that figured out. Pinside will not allow me to post pictures here - I don't have a photo hosting website - and I don't know exactly how I am going to handle that.

There's lots of solutions. Try:

http://imgur.com/

If you register, you can keep it nicely organized too.

#334 7 years ago

Heck if I were local, I'd put up the 50k so you could just get the whole wad at once. In exchange for first choice of 3 machines to be deducted from the payback

#335 7 years ago

Eagerly awaiting this list. Told the wife about this and her eyes lit up. Fortunately I am about 3 hours from you. Means I could potentially make the trip during the week.

#336 7 years ago

GOD knows I really don't need all the drama when I am trying to do something good for the hobby!

Well it's a classic case of "no good deed ever goes unpunished." Human nature really. If it's already bugging you than this is not going to be a fun process. Just don't worry about other peoples reactions and get busy selling your pins.

#337 7 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Gee, I thought Yuengling was available all over, it's a good lager but would I drive from IL. to Pa. for it? no.

Way better in cans than bottles. Same for their Lord Chesterfield Ale.

#338 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Way better in cans than bottles. Same for their Lord Chesterfield Ale.

This generation's version of Coors. It's beer. Nothing fancy, just not available everywhere so people worship it like it's the nectar of the gods. Apparently, it's coming to Indiana. Woo.

#339 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

This generation's version of Coors. It's beer. Nothing fancy, just not available everywhere so people worship it like it's the nectar of the gods. Apparently, it's coming to Indiana. Woo.

First had it at the Allentown show when it was pretty much a Pennsylvania thing. Thought it was an excellent beer in it's own right; I'm not driven by hype. Apparently a lot of people thought the same thing, and it really took off. Still love it, and it's a bargain for the quality. But, as I said, it's WAY better in cans than it is in bottles. Putting beer in a green bottle is the worst thing you can do to it besides pouring it down the drain!
Oh, and BTW, I remember when Coors first became available here on the east coast. It was overpriced, but a friend of mine bought some, and I immediately thought that it was nothing special. I do drink it today though (along with Yuengling) because the price/quality ratio is now more in line with other beers.

#340 7 years ago

I don't drink beer so I can't tell you anything about it but I thought this post was about pinball machines for sale? Where is the list?

#341 7 years ago

What I'd like to say is that I appreciate you wanting to leave your hoarding ways behind and get some pins into circulation.

I'll go to Pinball Owners website and look to see how many people own a particular pin and if they might be interested selling. Probably 70% of the owners will say their pin in storage and awaiting restoration and that they will NEVER sell it. And many of these forever-in-storage-never-for-sale hoarders have multiple pins listed this way.

So while I struggle to get a particular pin, someone is letting one rot in storage and no amount of money will break it loose.

So, thank you again for wanting to get some pins back into circulation.

#342 7 years ago

Seven pages and not one pinball listed with a price! As the old loggers say, there's a lots of chips flyin' but no wood's gettin' sawed!
Just post a list of pins, rough condition, and the price you want. Then, as you get verbal commitments on games, go and get them. Or, if you are selling out of your collection, send some pics and finalize the sale.
If you are charging sales tax, expect to get a bit less for them as people will naturally take that into account with their offer prices.

#343 7 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What I'd like to say is that I appreciate you wanting to leave your hoarding ways behind and get some pins into circulation.
I'll go to Pinball Owners website and look to see how many people own a particular pin and if they might be interested selling. Probably 70% of the owners will say their pin in storage and awaiting restoration and that they will NEVER sell it. And many of these forever-in-storage-never-for-sale hoarders have multiple pins listed this way.
So while I struggle to get a particular pin, someone is letting one rot in storage and no amount of money will break it loose.

Many collectors are not hoarders, they are "game rotators".
Once a collector owns more that 20+ machines, not considering projects, unless you have special provisions built into your home, you cannot fit them in a house, or least until it is planned to do so.
Most hardcore collectors can have around 30-40 in their house if their is a dedicated game room in say the basement.
Once a collector has over 50, things get really difficult.
I managed to have over 50+ machines in my collection in a 2600+ sf machine shop, and it is incredible to see the amount of space they take up.
Once a collector has over 100, there is no way to manage them in a standard home of any size.
Once a collector has over 250, you require a separate facility.
Once a collector has over 500, an actual warehouse is needed.
Once a collector has over 1000, you need multiple levels of storage and mediums of transportation, including a 30 foot truck.

I would not say many are letting them waste away, some are simply being protected from being "parted out" by people who would sell them for parts. Other games are used for reproduction purposes, which otherwise would not exist.

The same thing could be said for things such as backglass collections stored in racks and boxes, because I do not know anybody that has enough vertical wall space to display over 100 backglasses in one room in frames.

The "struggle" is one reason people stay in the hobby.
It is the big game hunter in all of us.

If you want to have a game "break loose" from a collector's hands, I will give you a professional tip:

Offer something in trade, particularly parts, playfields or backglasses which compensate for the value, not pure money.
Collectors want something that is hard to find too, not just cash in their pockets.
Cash has less value to those that have been doing this for a very long time.

Keep flipping.

#344 7 years ago

Just wanted to say thanks to the original poster for this. Super interested in this as it might be a chance for some of us who are recently getting in to the hobby to get a machine. Hoping a few of my college addictions (No good gofers, who dunnit, junkyard, and World Cup soccer) pop up, but should be great for everyone.

As to the fairness issue I really like the lottery system like the stable marriage system that was proposed before.

Thanks again for doing this too many pins.

#345 7 years ago
Quoted from Triggerfish:

Just wanted to say thanks to the original poster for this. Super interested in this as it might be a chance for some of us who are recently getting in to the hobby to get a machine. Hoping a few of my college addictions (No good gofers, who dunnit, junkyard, and World Cup soccer) pop up, but should be great for everyone.
As to the fairness issue I really like the lottery system like the stable marriage system that was proposed before.
Thanks again for doing this too many pins.

How great of deals are people expecting? And does anyone even know the titles or condition?

#346 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

How great of deals are people expecting? And does anyone even know the titles or condition?

Steals, which they wont be. No and no, after 7 pages.

#347 7 years ago

This is the best dam soap opera of the season; it is so bad but you just can't turn it off! I can't wait to see how this episode ends and am so looking forward to next years sequel! Buy another 100 pins and turn over the collection once again or maybe even test the waters about retiring and selling it all off. Hollywood could not come up with a better script! Now we even have sales tax for PA!

#348 7 years ago

Great drama

#349 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

And does anyone even know the titles or condition?

No list yet is literally in the name of the thread. I am truly baffled by the majority of the posts in here, I thought things were spelled out pretty clearly.

#350 7 years ago

But more importantly the seller wants to get paid and I just don't have nearly $50,000 sitting around to buy everything in one shot anyway

Man, I hope the seller doesn't change his mind halfway through. I would find a way to get the 50k and get all the machines before the deal changes or falls through because he gets tired of meeting every time you have more money.

There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warehouse-find-lots-of-pins-for-sale-shortly-no-list-yet/page/7?hl=ryansherwood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.