(Topic ID: 176434)

Warehouse Find - Carlisle, PA - Lots of pins for sale shortly - NEW BETTER PLAN?

By too-many-pins

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 513 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“How to list these machines for sale?”

• "Fair Price" and disclose all information when I am ready 111 votes
    38%
  • Lower starting price - add list and prices tomorrow and who ever makes best offer by 1/6/17 gets each machine 31 votes
    11%
  • Stop posting - end this thread and just list each for sale one at a time in the market 79 votes
    27%
  • Other - and if you vote for other make post with suggestions 5 votes
    2%
  • List these somewhere like eBay with auction style format and let buyers determine what each is worth 17 votes
    6%
  • Post on Craig's List 3 votes
    1%
  • Post on Facebook 1 vote
  • You should have never bought them all in the first place 9 votes
    3%
  • Shut up and go away 39 votes
    13%

(295 votes)

This topic is closed.

There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
#101 7 years ago

Man... I'd love to get a high speed or black knight project. Too bad I'm on the west coast.

#102 7 years ago

Is this Rich that I traded a TOTAN & cash for MB years ago ?

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Guys with the big bankbooks

Reminds me of my grandpa with his little blue bank book in his shirt pocket all the time.

He used to let me peek at all the 000000000's

#104 7 years ago

I would love a nice GORGAR .

#105 7 years ago

I guarantee I have just as much fun playing Pin-Bot, Firepower, or Jungle Lord as the guys do that have 3 new $10,000 machines with all their mods.

First game I ever got was a Jungle Lord, based solely on price and it is great fun

#106 7 years ago

Skip, I call dibs on the Centaur, Fathom, Medusa and EATPM, did I leave any out? Good luck, hope it works out for you. Pete

#107 7 years ago

If you find any EMs please let me know! Or cheap good solid-state projects that can fit my annoying budget, I would LOVE those I really appreciate your post about the value of machines, etc., as the prices are getting too large for me to even keep buying at this point. Some people seek out deals to save money and not piss off their wife but for me it is the only way I can participate. I have never paid over $500 (which was only once) for any of my 40~ (arcade count included) machines, even the solid-state games. Quick Craigslist reactions, good deals, or rough cheap projects are the way I am able to participate in buying new games, and thankfully I got quite good at finding all of them.

My home is in Shillington, PA, not far from you.

Next time, I too would be wary about posting before they are in your hands.

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from WIZ:

And the more time it takes, the more time Llyod has to swoop in. I hope your seller doesn't know of this site or he'll find Llyod.......... My prediction is you have gotten all that you are going to get, sorry.

If my seller wants to take less for the stuff and wants to deal with Lloyd that is up to him. At that point it is the Pinside communities loss and the sellers loss - not my loss. I got what I wanted for our collection in the first load and with the exception of a couple machines we passed on in the first load (because we already own them) so I don't much care about the rest. I will not be making a lot of money on this venture, I really don't need the machines or the work, so what ever happens is OK with me.

My entire idea with doing this was - once I got what I wanted - was to keep the machines in the US instead of just turning it over to Lloyd and then reading on Lloyd's Facebook about more containers of this stuff being shipped out of the country forever. If that is what happens with it there is not much I can do about it. But I truly doubt Lloyd will be willing to pay near what I have offered seller for machines I have seen. And I have a good track record with the seller so I don't see any logical reason he would change his mind now. Lloyd will get plenty of machines out of this if he wants them. It just will not be many (if any) pinball machines. Once I have the pinball machines I will be offering the rest to Lloyd if he wants it. If not I'll sell it myself.

But even if the rest of this deal falls apart we have decided it is a good time to sell off most of our "stash" of project machines & a big part of the collection. We want to remodel the basement in 2017 and need it empty to do that. So even without this deal we will have over 50 machines for sale and another group of machine to pick up Monday or Tuesday.

#109 7 years ago

Well said! To me the guys with "more money than GOD" that keep driving prices up with any hobby kind of take the fun out of things for the rest of us. To me the pinball hobby (or any hobby for that matter) should be more about enjoying the hobby not having the biggest checkbook or bankroll of hundred dollar bills.
I guarantee I have just as much fun playing Pin-Bot, Firepower, or Jungle Lord as the guys do that have 3 new $10,000 machines with all their mods. Something has truly gotten lost with this hobby over the past few years since a lot of guys with a lot of money have taken some of the fun out of it for those of us with smaller bankbooks. Hopefully me getting into these machines will get some machines to people who can enjoy bringing them back to life as much as I do and not just to "flippers" looking to double their money by putting some LEDs and mods on something and then asking double what it is worth for it.
I do understand all ways of thinking about this but I still liked it better when you could find a project machine and spend a week or two making it into something to enjoy. In most cases - those days seem to be behind us in this hobby.
Guys with the big bankbooks - sorry I feel this way but too much money coming into this hobby has really changed things in the 10 years or so that I have been involved with it. Yes - there is room for everyone but not everyone has a tough time deciding which of the new $10,000 machines they want to buy. There are still a good many of us that need to save up to buy a $1000 machine we can fix up and enjoy.
And for those of you thinking "this guy has balls saying this when he is buying a warehouse full of machines". I wish I was spending my money on this deal but I don't even have the money for the fuel & rental truck let alone all these machines! Thankfully I have good friends & family!

Couldnt have said it better myself, hope people get the pins you sell that will enjoy them.

#110 7 years ago

I guess the good news for anyone following this thread is I just did a quick count of stuff I'll likely be selling off - even without the rest of this most recent deal - and I came up with at least 50 machines that will need to go to get down to our "ideal number" of 10 in the basement - which is what we will have room for once we get the basement gutted and finished again. And that number does not include the 15 or 20 project EM machines I have set aside for Allentown in the Spring or the hand full of other stuff I currently have "in the works". It also doesn't include several earlier SS machines that fall somewhere between "project and parts machines" for anyone looking for "extreme projects" or machines to re-theme. No wonder I am so broke right now!

Anyway - once the ice finally melts in our driveway I'll start getting the first load moved into the garage to get this party started. I don't know why but it seems like our little development is the only place there is still a half inch of ice on the ground. I can go 5 miles north, east, south, or west and everything is clear yet I can't walk on our driveway and I almost wrecked my van and camper yesterday just trying to get parked. I had to get a running start to get up the little hill at the sidewalk and then once I got on the driveway my van didn't want to stop. I was really concerned but after it happened I got a laugh thinking what if I had to call my insurance company to tell them I just wrecked my camper & my wives mini van by running into both of them with my van. Then I got to thinking "I 'll bet my rates would have jumped a little more than a little and it wasn't so funny"!

So guys & girls all I can tell you right now is keep an eye on this thread because sometime shortly after the first of the year machines will be leaving Carlisle in a big way. I'll keep you posted about both the deal in progress and the list of what we decide to sell from the collection. The only thing I can say for sure at this point is nothing will happen until after January 2nd or 3rd. We have guest coming in for the Holidays so I will not be playing with this puzzle until they are headed back east.

If we start with some stuff from the collection first most of those will be sold as fully working machines or light projects. If we start with our "project stash" those will be sold as-purchased. It is kind of a long story how we got here but the past 3 years I have not had time to mess with pinball machine projects but for some reason I never stopped buying project machines. SICKNESS I GUESS but I can't say I wasn't warned when we bought our first pinball machine! The guy said "you will never stop with just one" and then he said "no matter how many you have you will figure - whats one more". I hate to say it but he was beyond right!

Thanks,
Skip

#111 7 years ago

Waiting w/baited breath; hopefully you can have some pics by then. If I can't buy any I can least dream....

#112 7 years ago

SOUNDS LIKE A BUNCH OF BULL SHIT TO ME.

#113 7 years ago

My entire idea with doing this was - once I got what I wanted - was to keep the machines in the US instead of just turning it over to Lloyd and then reading on Lloyd's Facebook about more containers of this stuff being shipped out of the country forever.

Thank you.

#114 7 years ago

Jumping on the bandwagon. Let me know if you stumble across a Fireball EM please.

#115 7 years ago

I don't really need another pin but I will offer help to move this stuff. I'm going to be off for a week around New Year's Day and if you would like an extra hand maybe I could make a trip and get to see this stuff. Just being around a big move like this is awesome for me. I went and checked out a warehouse raid of vids and pins in Nov. down in Nashville. I didn't buy anything but it was just great to see all of those vids in one place.

#116 7 years ago

According to Google maps, I'm about a 10-hour drive away...and that's just one way. Unfortunately, it would have to be an absolutely amazing deal for me to make that trip for a machine. And like you, I'd prefer the person I'm dealing with get a fair deal also.

This reminds me of something that I almost pulled off about ten years ago. A guy I worked with used to route arcade games and had stored several of them in a double-wide storage unit. I managed to get three stand ups off him that he had at his house: an Operation Wolf, an "All-American Football" and a Virtual Fighter 2. They were rough, really rough...they were stored on his back porch, exposed to the weather. I managed to get two of them to at least power up and when I told him that, he showed me the storage unit. Pretty much any normal standup you could think of from the mid 80's were in there. I remember seeing three Dragon's Lair's sitting next to each other, only missing their monitors. Before we could make a deal, he was fired from the company....let's just say he wasn't honest with over a deal he made with them and they found out.

That said, I'm still following along here just to see what transpires. If a Banzi Run, Addams Family or Scared Stiff (one can dream) hit the list and was at least complete....who knows.

#117 7 years ago

Save me a big guns and a hardbody. Everyone hates those so I assume if you have one, no one but me will want them. Haha

Thanks for sharing this haul.

#118 7 years ago

This is the greatest Pinside thread of 2016! I don't mean to speak for other pinball degenerates, but here is hoping your handle morphs into "Too-Few-Pins" by mid February. Road trip from Philly! Who's in?

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

That said, I'm still following along here just to see what transpires. If a Banzi Run, Addams Family or Scared Stiff (one can dream) hit the list and was at least complete....who knows.

Nothing that good here! At this point I think the "best" machines will retail for under $3000 once fixed up. I don't want to start listing titles till I am sure what will be for sale and what will stay but I will say no MM, SS, MB, etc in this lot. The two "best" machines are Addams Family and Champion Pub and the way things stand right now the nephews want to keep those. But even if I did get either of them I would likely keep either of those titles at least long enough to enjoy them for a few months.

In our current collection I think our most valuable machine is likely RFM or Doctor Who and I think our Doctor Who is already spoken for to a guy who has been saving up money to buy it since this Summer. I do have another Doctor Who project machine that looks pretty nice also but I don't know a lot about that one yet. RFM might be for sale but we have not decided yet. If we do sell that it will be later this Spring and one of the last machines we sell from the collection unless someone puts a very serious offer on the table for it sooner. It is super nice & I enjoy playing it so I am in no hurry to see that leave!

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

This is the greatest Pinside thread of 2016! I don't mean to speak for other pinball degenerates, but here is hoping your handle morphs into "Too-Few-Pins" by mid February. Road trip from Philly! Who's in?

Philly isn't really much of a road trip! I can be to most areas of Philly in a couple hours and that is just warming up as far as road trips go!

I don't think handle will ever go to "too-few-pins" with all the other stuff going on in our lives right now but I might be able to change it to "just-enough-pins" sometime shortly!

#121 7 years ago

I am curious what's going to be left after the spoken for machines? You must have some knowledge of the titles you are going to sell if you can put a retail price of under $3,000 no?

#122 7 years ago

Nothing that good here! At this point I think the "best" machines will retail for under $3000 once fixed up.

That's about what I expected, but you sometimes hear about "You'll never believe what we found in the back corner" stories.

I remember playing DW a long time ago. I didn't have a clue to what I was doing...but I remember how cool it was to get the playfield to rise up as I played.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I am curious what's going to be left after the spoken for machines? You must have some knowledge of the titles you are going to sell if you can put a retail price of under $3,000 no?

Being very honest I pretty much have a FULL LIST of what I am going to be selling off from the collection, project stash, and the first load from this warehouse find. But as soon as I post a list of any type people will start asking for prices, want me to hold this or that for them, want to come see them, etc. And over the Holidays I just don't have time to deal with all of that. So the easiest way is to just keep things to myself until I have the first lot of machines in the garage. In my life family is FIRST and the Holidays is family time so the pinball stuff can just wait till the Holidays are over.

As far as "spoken for machines" everyone will have the same chance to come grab what they want once I get the machines listed. No favorites - past customers, friends, etc will be treat the same as someone I never have talked to in the past. First person to email will get first shot at what they email about and right on down the list until everything is sold or moved to storage for each lot of 10 machines I list. Once that first group of machines is picked through (maybe about every week to 10 days) I'll post a second list of 10 machines and the game will start over again. Once all the lots are done with I'll post a list of what is still for sale & prices. If no one wants to pay my price for one machine they will be grouped into lots of 3 to 5 machines at a price and sold in those lots ONLY. Anything that doesn't sell at that point will go into my Allentown load or back into storage and I'll fix them up when I have time and sell them as finished machines. NO "BS" - NO "I'll give you this or that" - etc. I DON'T need to sell any of these to eat - I don't play games - I price things fairly and sell at my full asking price or I keep what doesn't sell.

The only machine in my collection or in the stuff I am picking up (other than the 10 machines we are keeping for our collection) that will not be included in this is the Doctor Who that is currently in my collection. I was contacted back in the Summer by someone who wanted that and has been saving up money for it ever since. Last week they contacted me and told me they finally got the funds together and want to come get it from me shortly. I WILL NOT GO BACK ON MY WORD - THAT GUY OWNS THE DOCTOR WHO IF HE WANTS IT ONCE HE SEES IT IN PERSON. That deal was something from a long time ago but is the perfect example why I don't want to post a list of stuff for sale or anything at this point. The only reason I even spoke about it is because someone asked about more expensive machines and I said what I though were the two best (or most valuable) machines in my collection at this point. I did this just to let people watch this post hoping for high end "A" list titles to surface know that is not the type of machine I collect.

Anyone that knows me or has done business with me in the past knows I am more than fair with people but I just don't have time to play the games some people think a transaction needs to be. I am not going to knock $50 off a machine because the flipper buttons don't match. If you want a machine you pay my price - otherwise the next guy in line will have a chance to buy it. I KNOW THIS SOUNDS KIND OF HARSH - but I have been buying and selling antiques & collectibles and other stuff since I was about 12 years old and I am just tired of the BS some people think they need to make every transaction into. So we are not playing that game here!

SORRY FOR THIS POST but sometime someone pushes me a little too far and I get a little pissed about it. I am sure at some point some of the people who have done business with me in the past will speak up and let you know what I am all about. Tod did that earlier and two post later someone doubted what he said because he spelled Xenon wrong. If you are one of the guys that feels a need to bash people take it somewhere else - I don't have time for you! If you want to be treated fairly by someone who keeps their word - keep in touch and come grab some machines. My goal is to get machines to people who will enjoy them NOT to wholesale a few groups of machines to a couple "flippers". I will sell to anyone but you have to play the game my way if you want my machines.

#124 7 years ago

Whoo... I'd love a Dr Who project...
Alas; I don't see it being in the cards for me given my room constraints.
Maybe one day I'll find a "local-ish" Dr Who project.

#125 7 years ago

Skip is a no BS kind of guy and a straight shooter, He is a good friend of mine, We talked about this deal long ago and I am glad its finally going to happen, I have had a lot of dealings with Skip in the past, he is one great guy to deal with and a man of his word.
so hang in there guys he has a shit load of stuff and a lot of nice pins in his collection

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

Skip is a no BS kind of guy and a straight shooter, He is a good friend of mine, We talked about this deal long ago and I am glad its finally going to happen, I have had a lot of dealings with Skip in the past, he is one great guy to deal with and a man of his word.
so hang in there guys he has a shit load of stuff and a lot of nice pins in his collection

Thanks Gerry!

Don't worry I'll have plenty more for you. But you might want to sell that trailer I sold you and buy a bigger one just in case there is more stuff down their than I already know about. When I picked up that first load the nephew started talking about the "stuff at his uncles house" and I didn't know about that. So you might be headed south with me at some point if I can ever get things finalized with these guys. For now you will be treated just like anyone else once I post the list - that is only fair. But once people are done picking I might make you a deal on the balance of the stuff and as you already know my bottom of the barrel stuff is better than a lot of what is getting sold as good machines by some sellers. You know what I do with my junk!

#127 7 years ago

Me too!

#128 7 years ago

too-many-pins , I just want to say thanks for being the kind of guy you are. I'm new to the hobby but have thought about it for years, the way prices have gone up the past few years are crazy, and if it weren't for guys like you. A lot of us who just make a decent living couldn't do this.

I may not get anything outta your deal, but I'm glad guys like you are around. It gives me hope I can actually get a complete system 9 collection and maybe an extra sorcerer for my dad one day!

#129 7 years ago
Quoted from newmanoconnor:

too-many-pins , I just want to say thanks for being the kind of guy you are. I'm new to the hobby but have thought about it for years, the way prices have gone up the past few years are crazy, and if it weren't for guys like you. A lot of us who just make a decent living couldn't do this.
I may not get anything outta your deal, but I'm glad guys like you are around. It gives me hope I can actually get a complete system 9 collection and maybe an extra sorcerer for my dad one day!

I love system 9 machines. One of the machines I have always been sorry I sold was a nice Sorcerer that I had shortly after I started in the hobby. And Space Shuttle is one of my favorite machines of all time. Space Shuttle has it all - neat backglass, just enough going on for almost anyone to understand but still deep enough for long term enjoyment, and just a great all around pin. I messed up and sold a super nice one a few years ago and have been trying to replace that ever since. Right now I am in the process of putting a nice one together from 3 OK machines and a nice cabinet I bought a few months ago from my buddy Gerry. But even after all that work it will not be as nice as the one I sold.

Looking back at past mistakes is easy but not making mistakes can be hard. Sometimes you don't realize how nice something you had was until it is gone and you try to replace it!

Later,
Skip

#130 7 years ago

I am in the market for an Indiana Jones and The Shadow. Unfortunately, live too far away for picking up.

#131 7 years ago

I thought I read earlier that you said they had some standup arcade machines...any chance one of them was a Missile Command? I know someone that would kill me to take it for himself if I showed up with one.

#132 7 years ago

I think us Texas guys need to get together for a road trip!

#133 7 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

I thought I read earlier that you said they had some standup arcade machines...any chance one of them was a Missile Command? I know someone that would kill me to take it for himself if I showed up with one.

I have only seen a couple overview pictures of the storage unit that has the arcades in it. That unit is a 10x40 or 10x50 packed and pictures were taken from outside the unit so I don't have a clue what might be in it at this point. SORRY!

#134 7 years ago

This is like waiting for the ketchup from the bottle....

#135 7 years ago

Thinking a roller games, whirlwind, diner or older solid state would round out the collection rather nicely. that list is in the order of my interest. Not bought a game this year so getting anxious.

#136 7 years ago

I'm sure this has already been thought of and there are several reasons for why it wouldn't work, but wouldn't the ideal way to sell these be to load them up WITH the seller for Allentown or whatever other BIG events happen in Pennsylvania and have the seller just give too-many-pins a flat, agreed-upon bit of cash/machines/other considerations of monetary value for the assistance.

I can see how it would just bring out all of the lowballers and tire-kickers and probably muddy the water for sales, but I can only imagine the headaches from each lot of 10 machines having the same type of undesirables in the mix. One weekend and see how much is gone from that. Wouldn't an event see the draw for such a sell-off and offer up transportation help?

#137 7 years ago

This thread has been really exciting. I get happy anytime I see pins that will be sold at fair prices and not exploitive prices.

#138 7 years ago

I have only seen a couple overview pictures of the storage unit that has the arcades in it. That unit is a 10x40 or 10x50 packed and pictures were taken from outside the unit so I don't have a clue what might be in it at this point. SORRY!

I'm in the market for a Nitro Groundshaker (like your avatar) if you find one.

I'm an hour down the road.

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from cattss13:

SOUNDS LIKE A BUNCH OF BULL SHIT TO ME.

I see a lot of typing but not a single picture...

#140 7 years ago

Can't wait to hear ...

#141 7 years ago

I'm in IL by Chicago I would be interested in helping out if there is anything located my way
I just love being around this stuff. I got into it then my brother did and now my dad.
Hope the deals are good. there are a lot of people out there that claim to love retro games and pins but then gouge the hell everyone when they sell stuff. And its usually advertised as amazing when it's not and way over priced
Glad these games will be enjoyed again at a fair price

#142 7 years ago

No problem, just threw the question out there.

If your deal works out and you get a batch of standups.... If one of them is a Missile Command, all I'm looking for would be the condition of the cab itself. I can deal with the guts, a good cab is tough to find.

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from Niterider:

No problem, just threw the question out there.
If your deal works out and you get a batch of standups.... If one of them is a Missile Command, all I'm looking for would be the condition of the cab itself. I can deal with the guts, a good cab is tough to find.

Never a problem! I don't mind answering the questions I can answer but I can really say much about stuff I don't know about yet.

#144 7 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I'm sure this has already been thought of and there are several reasons for why it wouldn't work, but wouldn't the ideal way to sell these be to load them up WITH the seller for Allentown or whatever other BIG events happen in Pennsylvania and have the seller just give too-many-pins a flat, agreed-upon bit of cash/machines/other considerations of monetary value for the assistance.
I can see how it would just bring out all of the lowballers and tire-kickers and probably muddy the water for sales, but I can only imagine the headaches from each lot of 10 machines having the same type of undesirables in the mix. One weekend and see how much is gone from that. Wouldn't an event see the draw for such a sell-off and offer up transportation help?

Anything other than me selling these one at a time just will not work. I paid the same as most of you would have for most of the machines I am selling so wholesaling as a lot is out of the question because of what I have invested. But more importantly my idea here is to give 40 or 50 people a chance to buy decent machines at decent prices - not to sell them to one person so that person can inflate the prices and resell them.

To me pinball is a hobby and I want to see as many people as possible be able to enjoy this hobby. Hoarders & flippers have taken a lot of fun out of the hobby by making the supply of nice project machines all but dry up. I am as guilty as anyone with the hoarding part but after seeing the machines I picked up this week that have just been sitting in storage for 10+ years that are now getting sold off for less than 10 years of what the storage cost was --- it really got me thinking on the LONG ride home. And after a lot of thought I realized I don't want to be part of the problem anymore - I want to be part of the solution. Hopefully other hoarders will think about what I am saying & doing and do something similar in their region of the country. It is time to get these machines back to people who will enjoy them and stop paying storage to keep machines you will never have time to do anything with. But if you are a hoarder in my area PLEASE wait a few weeks before deciding to do this!

#145 7 years ago

Anything other than me selling these one at a time just will not work. I paid the same as most of you would have for most of the machines I am selling so wholesaling as a lot is out of the question because of what I have invested. But more importantly my idea here is to give 40 or 50 people a chance to buy decent machines at decent prices - not to sell them to one person so that person can inflate the prices and resell them.
To me pinball is a hobby and I want to see as many people as possible be able to enjoy this hobby. Hoarders & flippers have taken a lot of fun out of the hobby by making the supply of nice project machines all but dry up. I am as guilty as anyone with the hoarding part but after seeing the machines I picked up this week that have just been sitting in storage for 10+ years that are now getting sold off for less than 10 years of what the storage cost was --- it really got me thinking on the LONG ride home. And after a lot of thought I realized I don't want to be part of the problem anymore - I want to be part of the solution. Hopefully other hoarders will think about what I am saying & doing and do something similar in their region of the country. It is time to get these machines back to people who will enjoy them and stop paying storage to keep machines you will never have time to do anything with. But if you are a hoarder in my area PLEASE wait a few weeks before deciding to do this!

Bravo and well said. A game at a time is much better for the community as a whole, and will make sure everyone gets to share the love a little. I'll still be happy to drive up and buy one machine -- these are the top of my list for the era it seems most these games are: Medusa, Transporter the Rescue and EATPM

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

CLIMB INTO MY SHOES AND SEE IF YOU WOULD POST PICTURES YET. I asked people in my first post please do not PM me about these and yet I have gotten over 50 emails so far in less than 2 days. What do you think would happen if I posted pictures and people actually knew what titles I was selling?

As far as people who keep emailing. I don't mind replying when I have time but please understand - I will not give any additional information out about what is being sold or hold anything for you - etc. NO ONE is going to get ahead of anyone else on this stuff. I know I am going to have a few of my pinball buddies mad at me but I want EVERYONE to have an equal shot at every title.

THE WAY THE GAME WILL BE PLAYED IS:

First email about a title gets first chance at it, and so on. For each machine I list that someone emails about I will hold that machine for 48 hours once I promise it to that first person (if you are driving a long distance we can figure something out but otherwise 48 hours). Once that time is up I move on to next person on the list for that machine.

I will set up appointments with a 2 or 3 hour window for people headed to see a machine - if they are not here on time and someone else is here and wants that machine I have to sell it. A kiss & a promise just will not work here and I have played that game in the past with bad results. I took 8 machines to Allentown that I had held for people and only two of the eight people ever showed up. Worse yet one of the two guys just came over to tell me he decided to buy something else he found before he came to see me. NEVER AGAIN! (With that said if you are tied up in traffic or something just give me a call and we will work together to figure it out).

If the first guy who contacts me says I'll take all of them I am just going to pass by his email. This isn't about selling everything to a couple people - it is about spreading these machines around for people to enjoy. With that said I also know some people don't want to drive for just one machine - for those people here is the deal. Send me a list of up to 3 machines with your first choice at the top of that list. If you are the first one to email about that machine and either of the others are not already spoken for I will put you on the top of the list for either one or both of them. So I am going to limit the number of machines from each lot to 3 per person.

For you guys that have to travel a long distance - I am sorry but I just don't know how else to be fair with everyone. If anyone has any good suggestions to help with this let me know!

If I had a warehouse or a ton of space I could do things differently but I am limited to one side of a two car garage so 12 or 13 machines total is my limit in each lot. Ten would be idea but I might try to push that up to 12 or 13 if I can figure out a good way to do it. I'll be working on that over the next few days! Ice on the driveway is finally starting to melt so by tomorrow I should be able to get underway getting first load ready.

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

I think Skip has more than adequately explained why.

#148 7 years ago

One of the machines I have always been sorry I sold was a nice Sorcerer that I had shortly after I started in the hobby.

Skip,

I'm the guy that bought that Sorcerer. I fixed the problem it had, stripped and cleaned the playfield and sold it to my buddy that wanted it really bad for the same price I got it from you. Talk about mistakes! He later sold it for twice what I sold it for....uggggh! I picked up an Excalibur from you the same day, still have that one and that isn't going anywhere.

I plan on getting a few pins from you as soon as you get a list together.

Joe

#149 7 years ago

. Send me a list of up to 3 machines with your first choice at the top of that list.

PM sent per your request.

I hope to hear back from you.

cheers

#150 7 years ago

But more importantly my idea here is to give 40 or 50 people a chance to buy decent machines at decent prices - not to sell them to one person so that person can inflate the prices and resell them.

You are the man. Thank you thank you thank you for taking this on, and for sticking to your guns. It's a beautiful thing that you're doing.

I'm definitely the type of person who can't afford just about any DMD title right now, let alone something NIB. Anything I've ever owned was dead and beat to hell when I bought it, and even then I got lucky that I jumped on it before anyone else did.

You're gonna make a lot of people very happy, sir!

There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warehouse-find-lots-of-pins-for-sale-shortly-no-list-yet/page/3?hl=niterider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.