(Topic ID: 176434)

Warehouse Find - Carlisle, PA - Lots of pins for sale shortly - NEW BETTER PLAN?

By too-many-pins

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 513 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 97 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“How to list these machines for sale?”

• "Fair Price" and disclose all information when I am ready 111 votes
    38%
  • Lower starting price - add list and prices tomorrow and who ever makes best offer by 1/6/17 gets each machine 31 votes
    11%
  • Stop posting - end this thread and just list each for sale one at a time in the market 79 votes
    27%
  • Other - and if you vote for other make post with suggestions 5 votes
    2%
  • List these somewhere like eBay with auction style format and let buyers determine what each is worth 17 votes
    6%
  • Post on Craig's List 3 votes
    1%
  • Post on Facebook 1 vote
  • You should have never bought them all in the first place 9 votes
    3%
  • Shut up and go away 39 votes
    13%

(295 votes)

This topic is closed.

There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
#51 7 years ago

I'll take the King Kong!

#52 7 years ago

Carlisle is by my old Gettysburg stomping ground (I can pronounce both correctly).

I'd be interested in a Fathom and Radical! for sure.

Also High Speed, Getaway, Dr. Who, Time Machine, Funhouse, Elvira and the party monsters.

Not all of course but when you're combing thru! Thanks.

#53 7 years ago

This is very interesting! That's an awesome haul, congrats on your dedication, I woulda dropped that months ago. I am not the type to take almost a year in negotiations!
But I'm sure it will be rewarding and good on ya for saving these machines! Who knows what would have happened otherwise!

If there are any rough-shape Junkers let me know. I would love another extreme project!

#54 7 years ago

I would be interested in the black rose and some others as well. Please keep us posted with a list of you can thanks

#55 7 years ago

I'd be interested in a really nice Swords of Fury if the price was right to justify shipping.

#56 7 years ago

I'd be interested in you avoiding the hassle of you having to make so many sales.

If you want to just sell off a lot of 10-15 of them (enough to fill a rental box truck) of games I am looking for, then let me know when you get more details.

I would be happy to come down and take a grouping of them, haul them back, keep a few, and spread the wealth to the people in this region.

Serious and wanted to toss it out. Maybe it will be nice for you to be able to just cut a chunk off the larger pile and send it along to one guy.
I would want to do this for the experience as much as anything and would be fine with putting prices out publicly so people up here can see what they cost and that any minimal markup is just to cover the truck and transport.

I respect your wish to not be inundated with PMs, so I will say, PLEASE PM me to talk

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'd be interested in you avoiding the hassle of you having to make so many sales.
If you want to just sell off a lot of 10-15 of them (enough to fill a rental box truck) of games I am looking for, then let me know when you get more details.
I would be happy to come down and take a grouping of them, haul them back, keep a few, and spread the wealth to the people in this region.
Serious and wanted to toss it out. Maybe it will be nice for you to be able to just cut a chunk off the larger pile and send it along to one guy.
I would want to do this for the experience as much as anything and would be fine with putting prices out publicly so people up here can see what they cost and that any minimal markup is just to cover the truck and transport.
I respect your wish to not be inundated with PMs, so I will say, PLEASE PM me to talk

That would be awesome if you did

#58 7 years ago

Aw, no pictures in the regional for sale thread.

Oh well, you'll just have to imagine the Jaws chumming the water scene on your own.

#59 7 years ago

Let us know when you are ready to sell some pins. I'm an hour and a half away and am interested in early SS pins.

#60 7 years ago

What no EM's

#61 7 years ago

I hope you've figured out how to turn off your PM's! Can't wait to see a list of what's there. Maybe some of it will make its way to Indianapolis.

...I'll throw out a request for an Indianapolis 500 if one is there.

#62 7 years ago

Very cool, will be keeping an eye on this thread!

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

That would be awesome if you did

Yeah, would be fun to make a trip out of this and I am sure the folks in this region would love to make it happen. If toomanypins wants to make it happen I figure it may be a nice option for him to get rid of a whole truckload at once, combined with the knowledge that they aill continue to be spread around.

Basically, I can help do some of the work. Heck, maybe even come down and help him to load out from the original location to make it easy. I can help him load his trucks and load my rental with the ones I am taking back north.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, would be fun to make a trip out of this and I am sure the folks in this region would love to make it happen. If toomanypins wants to make it happen I figure it may be a nice option for him to get rid of a whole truckload at once, combined with the knowledge that they aill continue to be spread around.
Basically, I can help do some of the work. Heck, maybe even come down and help him to load out from the original location to make it easy. I can help him load his trucks and load my rental with the ones I am taking back north.

I would love to have help down south but I have already been told by the seller that he wants no one else but my son & I involved at that end. I even asked about bringing a good pinball friend of mine along instead of bring my son so my son didn't have to make every trip with me and at this point he didn't even want that to happen.

As far as selling the stuff in bulk to a few people - again that is something I would love to do but I just don't think the spread on money is going to be their. At my best guess from what I have had to pay for the first 10 or 11 machines I might make 10% profit on each, if I am lucky, and that is pricing them about 20% under realistic retail for working machines in average condition and these are projects. I hate to use a machine for an example since I know once I post a title & price people will likely be emailing about that machine. So I am going to use an example with a machine that isn't in the lot.

I am going to use a Firepower for an example since at this point there isn't one in the lot but it is a machine I have lots of experience with. So using the Firepower as an example: in my eyes a Firepower is a $1000 machine working 100% with a decent (but not perfect) playfield & backglass. In "as purchased condition" in this lot I will likely have $700 to 750 invested in that machine once I get it home and would likely list it at $800. No one will likely want to buy a large lot of machines like that at that price point. But with what I'll have invested I just can't sell them any cheaper so I just don't think the math will work on group purchases. Maybe - but I know of have my doubts.

With that said - I am hoping as time goes on I can get them to work a little more with me on price as well as figure ways to get my trip cost down a little. If I can do that maybe bigger lots will work? All I can say at this point is I want to try to get as many of these machines to people who will do something with them as possible. I don't want additional storage units eating up what little profit I might make on this deal so I would prefer selling as many machines as I'll be buying as quickly as possible. But it is likely about 25% of the machines I am selling will be coming from our collection to make room for some new titles. That is my main reason for doing this!

#65 7 years ago

Following, waiting to see pics

#66 7 years ago

There are some EM's in the lot - I could see some of them in one of the pictures - not because I could see the art but because I could see back doors hanging open on a couple backboxes. But at this point I don't have a clue what EM's - what condition - or anything else about them. I'll likely be selling off some of the EM's I currently own trying to make space so I am sure there will be some EM's at some point.

Since I need both cash & space EM's will likely be towards the end as far as me getting some of them sold off. They take a little less space then fold up head SS machines because I can stack the heads and most will not bring as much cash in as SS so it just makes sense to deal with the EM's later on.

Two EM's I know for sure are in the lot are Wizard (in very nice overall condition) and Pioneer (again in very nice overall condition). I have not picked them up yet but they were the only two EM's in the first unit I am working with.

#67 7 years ago

You better hope Llyod doesn't find out who it is.......................

#68 7 years ago

Looking forward to the first posts. Only an hour or so away

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from WIZ:

You better hope Llyod doesn't find out who it is.......................

Lloyd likely wouldn't want to pay what I am having to pay for these machines. And beyond that with the history I have with the seller he really isn't interested in working with anyone else. I know Lloyd is aggressive when it comes to buying and I know he has new buildings he is trying to fill. Once I grab the pins I want I will likely offer him the arcades and jukeboxes instead of dealing with them since we are only into pinball machines but it all just depends on how things go.

Since we already picked up most of the machines I am interested in keeping for the collection it really wouldn't matter to me anyway. Unless there is stuff I don't know about there are only 5 or 6 more machines in the lot we will be keeping and the rest will be moved just to get them back out to people who want them and to help the seller get them gone.

This is a hobby for my son & I so I really don't mach care what happens once we get the 15 (or so) machine we are interested in and most of them came home in that first load. Sadly I ran out of room before I ran out of machines I wanted or I would have likely just offered everything to Lloyd and walked away from the rest of it.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Lloyd likely wouldn't want to pay what I am having to pay for these machines. And beyond that with the history I have with the seller he really isn't interested in working with anyone else. I know Lloyd is aggressive when it comes to buying and I know he has new buildings he is trying to fill. Once I grab the pins I want I will likely offer him the arcades and jukeboxes instead of dealing with them since we are only into pinball machines but it all just depends on how things go.
Since we already picked up most of the machines I am interested in keeping for the collection it really wouldn't matter to me anyway. Unless there is stuff I don't know about there are only 5 or 6 more machines in the lot we will be keeping and the rest will be moved just to get them back out to people who want them and to help the seller get them gone.
This is a hobby for my son & I so I really don't mach care what happens once we get the 15 (or so) machine we are interested in and most of them came home in that first load. Sadly I ran out of room before I ran out of machines I wanted or I would have likely just offered everything to Lloyd and walked away from the rest of it.

Lloyd is probably sniffing every warehouse and storage unit a 100 mile radius. I love the prices on some of his junk and the fact people pay them.
Congrats.

#71 7 years ago

I just don't think the math will work on group purchases. Maybe - but I know of have my doubts.

keep me posted.

I am serious and interested.
I like adventures and am pretty sure I could make it all work out on this end pretty easily.

#72 7 years ago

Since you mentioned Zaccaria - I ended up with a Zaccaria Power Supply in a board lot....seems like there aren't too many Zaccaria people out there. I have an ad posted on Pinside for it.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i'll take any zaccarias you may have, as well as a cosmic gunfight.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from mkgoetz:

Looking forward to the first posts. Only an hour or so away

Baltimore is actually is 1.5 to 2 hours away not that it really matters ...just saying lol

#75 7 years ago

i'll take all the NIB arcade games

#76 7 years ago

This is interesting and I'm excited to see what happens.

#77 7 years ago

Very cool to see this happen. I live in the Midwest, and looking for my first machine. Not sure if this is a good choice to get one (with possible road trip or shipping) but I'm keeping an eye out anyway.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Very cool to see this happen. I live in the Midwest, and looking for my first machine. Not sure if this is a good choice to get one (with possible road trip or shipping) but I'm keeping an eye out anyway.

with warehouse games, you better be prepared to want to know how to fix games, because most likely they will not work or have number of problems.

#80 7 years ago

Yeah, I am happy to run down with a box truck to bring back two dozen game to Canada. It's dry as a bone up here on projects, even at those prices.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

with warehouse games, you better be prepared to want to know how to fix games, because most likely they will not work or have number of problems.

I figured it would be something like that. I'm all ready to learn, but I have zero experience or know-how.

#82 7 years ago

At 62 year old I am getting too old for this crap!

Same sentiments,
so to make it easier on myself
when i retired and moved to the NW
I decided it was simpler
to just give them away;
instead of trying to move 200+ pins
to new storage that i did not have.

Best of luck with your deal
and hopefully you won't
break yourself in the process.

#83 7 years ago

I won't post another "I want this or that" comment (or even mention your name here), but I will say this:

I actually visited you a time or two (I think 3, because you had a Zenon I recall another time I visited). I looked over a Jokerz! you had along the back right wall of your garage, and later your son's Diner that he was contemplating selling. (I believe on that visit, I mentioned I had been looking for an F-14, and sure enough, you had one stuffed into the back of your van in the driveway, LOL).

Although we never did a deal at those times, for those wondering and FWIW, I found this gentleman a true pleasure to communicate with and his pricing and demeanor was friendly and outgoing when I visited him. I wish him the best in selling what seems to truly be a 'rare find.'

Like everyone else, I'm curious to see the list when it posts.
GLWS, Sir!

Tod.

#84 7 years ago

This story sounds fishy to me, a "Zenon".

Quoted from twoplays25c:

I won't post another "I want this or that" comment (or even mention your name here), but I will say this:
I actually visited you a time or two (I think 3, because you had a Zenon I recall another time I visited). I looked over a Jokerz! you had along the back right wall of your garage, and later your son's Diner that he was contemplating selling. (I believe on that visit, I mentioned I had been looking for an F-14, and sure enough, you had one stuffed into the back of your van in the driveway, LOL).
Although we never did a deal at those times, for those wondering and FWIW, I found this gentleman a true pleasure to communicate with and his pricing and demeanor was friendly and outgoing when I visited him. I wish him the best in selling what seems to truly be a 'rare find.'
GLWS, Sir!
Tod.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from twoplays25c:

GLWS, Sir!
Tod.

Tod,

Thanks for the kind words. My son and I both try hard to do things the right way and try to be honest & fair with everyone. My standing joke is - "I am a big guy and don't hide well so I have to be honest"

In case any of you reading this are curious if you know me personally but don't know my posting name I am Skip from Carlisle - likely the biggest guy at the Allentown show and I have set up at the indoor flea market their for a couple of years now. I have been trying to do the York show also but for some reason I always seem to have something else going on the weekend of York. I love the thrill of the chase and love the hobby but suck at pinball. To me the hobby is buying dead machines and bringing them back to life. Once that is done I am ready to move on to the next one. But this time I am really getting in over my head!

#86 7 years ago

Looking for 1 or 2 games in this era, will keep watching this. Not too far from you so yeah, could work out.

#87 7 years ago

I love threads like this because of the stories they tell. If you can please post pictures of the storage units. I'd love to see all these games crammed in there and I'll keep an eye on the eventual list you get posted. We officially ran out of space in our game room 1 pin ago.. but, you never know. Walls are just temporary after all.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I figured it would be something like that. I'm all ready to learn, but I have zero experience or know-how.

lucky for you, there are plenty of us around here that know what we are doing and can help. One person willing and wanting to learn to fix his own shit, is worth 10 of people who buy all the high end games and don't know how to change a bulb themselves.

#89 7 years ago

Dibs on a Voltan please.....

#90 7 years ago

Has anyone bothered to ask how these games are stored??

If they're all in a non temperature and humidity controlled environment for many years; there could be lots of playfield planking, flaking backglasses, planked cabinets, bugs, mice, ect.

I'm just saying, I wouldn't be too excited to show up and find a heap of major projects to bring home..

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

lucky for you, there are plenty of us around here that know what we are doing and can help. One person willing and wanting to learn to fix his own shit, is worth 10 of people who buy all the high end games and don't know how to change a bulb themselves.

Well said! To me the guys with "more money than GOD" that keep driving prices up with any hobby kind of take the fun out of things for the rest of us. To me the pinball hobby (or any hobby for that matter) should be more about enjoying the hobby not having the biggest checkbook or bankroll of hundred dollar bills.

I guarantee I have just as much fun playing Pin-Bot, Firepower, or Jungle Lord as the guys do that have 3 new $10,000 machines with all their mods. Something has truly gotten lost with this hobby over the past few years since a lot of guys with a lot of money have taken some of the fun out of it for those of us with smaller bankbooks. Hopefully me getting into these machines will get some machines to people who can enjoy bringing them back to life as much as I do and not just to "flippers" looking to double their money by putting some LEDs and mods on something and then asking double what it is worth for it.

I do understand all ways of thinking about this but I still liked it better when you could find a project machine and spend a week or two making it into something to enjoy. In most cases - those days seem to be behind us in this hobby.

Guys with the big bankbooks - sorry I feel this way but too much money coming into this hobby has really changed things in the 10 years or so that I have been involved with it. Yes - there is room for everyone but not everyone has a tough time deciding which of the new $10,000 machines they want to buy. There are still a good many of us that need to save up to buy a $1000 machine we can fix up and enjoy.

And for those of you thinking "this guy has balls saying this when he is buying a warehouse full of machines". I wish I was spending my money on this deal but I don't even have the money for the fuel & rental truck let alone all these machines! Thankfully I have good friends & family!

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Has anyone bothered to ask how these games are stored??
If they're all in a non temperature and humidity controlled environment for many years; there could be lots of playfield planking, flaking backglasses, planked cabinets, bugs, mice, ect.
I'm just saying, I wouldn't be too excited to show up and find a heap of major projects to bring home..

I would be willing to bet 90% (or more) of the games in peoples collections have been stored in barns at some point. I doubt if any operator ever stored machines in a climate controlled environment! I hate thinking about that but it is the truth! Thankfully these days most of us know better!

I will say for the most part I was pleasantly surprised how nice the first lot of machines were that I picked up. And once we wiped 10 years of dust off the playfield glass most of them looked as nice or nicer than most machines in my collection. With that said I have only seen a small percentage of the machines in this collection. But I am very happy so far with the overall condition of what I have seen. Sadly one machine - Jurassic Park - must have been sitting in water or something for years because the back 20% of the cabinet is entirely gone. That machine will be staying in my collection but I am looking for a decent cabinet if anyone happens to have one.

Once I do start listing these I will be as honest as possible about cosmetic condition but I will not have time to set up and plug in every machine to see if display is good or if it works 100%. Machines coming in with battery damaged boards will get sold that way. Machines with boards that look good I might set up and see what happens if I have the time. My main interest is to flip some cash - get my investors paid back - and get a few decent machines added to my collection.

#93 7 years ago

well i'll take all zaccaria games and parts in a bulk load as is. And any cosmic gunfights (i'll take multiples if there are)

#94 7 years ago

You are doing a badass service for the entire community getting these games back into peoples hands who will enjoy them. Thanks!

#95 7 years ago

Truck is gassed & ca$h in hand. Eagerly awaiting "the List".
Looking for a Catacomb & Earthshaker.

#96 7 years ago

Lloyd comes in, takes it all in one day or a few if a very big deal and drops the cash! And I do mean everything and not just cherry picking the best; those old guys love that as they are not stuck with anything!

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinsrgrt:

Lloyd comes in, takes it all in one day or a few if a very big deal and drops the cash! And I do mean everything and not just cherry picking the best; those old guys love that as they are not stuck with anything!

I am doing the same thing for the seller right down to sweeping out the storage units and helping them move a few personal items into another storage unit. That is one of the reasons they are working with me! Most people don't want to deal with someone that just wants the "best stuff".

My biggest issue right now is trying to find a time that works with the seller for me to grab the second load and finalize the rest of the deal. Once that is done I'll take over the least on the balance of the storage units and they can just get on with their lives. But with the Holidays it is kind of tough on their end. I am ready any time they are ready but I am waiting to hear what day my next trip south is.

#98 7 years ago

Need to improve my proof reading! "Lease not least above!"

#99 7 years ago

And the more time it takes, the more time Llyod has to swoop in. I hope your seller doesn't know of this site or he'll find Llyod.......... My prediction is you have gotten all that you are going to get, sorry.

I am doing the same thing for the seller right down to sweeping out the storage units and helping them move a few personal items into another storage unit. That is one of the reasons they are working with me! Most people don't want to deal with someone that just wants the "best stuff".
My biggest issue right now is trying to find a time that works with the seller for me to grab the second load and finalize the rest of the deal. Once that is done I'll take over the least on the balance of the storage units and they can just get on with their lives. But with the Holidays it is kind of tough on their end. I am ready any time they are ready but I am waiting to hear what day my next trip south is.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from WIZ:

And the more time it takes, the more time Llyod has to swoop in.

does Llyod actual do that? If so, that is really Fing Lame!

There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warehouse-find-lots-of-pins-for-sale-shortly-no-list-yet/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.