(Topic ID: 176434)

Warehouse Find - Carlisle, PA - Lots of pins for sale shortly - NEW BETTER PLAN?

By too-many-pins

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 513 posts
  • 192 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 103 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“How to list these machines for sale?”

• "Fair Price" and disclose all information when I am ready 110 votes
    38%
  • Lower starting price - add list and prices tomorrow and who ever makes best offer by 1/6/17 gets each machine 31 votes
    11%
  • Stop posting - end this thread and just list each for sale one at a time in the market 78 votes
    27%
  • Other - and if you vote for other make post with suggestions 5 votes
    2%
  • List these somewhere like eBay with auction style format and let buyers determine what each is worth 17 votes
    6%
  • Post on Craig's List 3 votes
    1%
  • Post on Facebook 1 vote
  • You should have never bought them all in the first place 9 votes
    3%
  • Shut up and go away 39 votes
    13%

(293 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

This topic is closed.

There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

worst advice of the entire thread. Sorry Bryan, but this is not the way to go about it.

I did a warehouse deal like this once with 21 games. It was not fun. Me and the buddy who bought the games said, if we ever did it again, we'd sell the info to our local retail guy and let him deal with the hassle.

Skip can't seem to sleep at night just trying to figure out HOW to sell the games. Can you imagine what's going to happen when he finally starts to sell them?

#502 2 years ago

is it Jan 7th yet? Nope. Ok see you in a week.

#503 2 years ago

The OP is making this a whole lot harder than it needs to be.
Take a few pics of the first 5 games and list them with a price.
When they sell then list 5 more.

#504 2 years ago

Is there a game list ?
When starting to sell , date ?
What forum for selling ?

#505 2 years ago

April fools!!! Wait, that's a few months away.

#506 2 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

IMO no one needs to see pictures or descriptions of games that isn't actually serious about buying or bidding. Plain and simple. The way to weed out just the serious folks is have them give you something. This can be done with a shopping cart link setup for $1 purchase, where you enter your Pinside username as well. That gives a Pinside username & address of a potential buyer. The $1 gets refunded even. Then a login is created on a private website that you must use your pinside username & a password to enter -- and you have access to each lot of machines posted, with pictures & description of the games. Within that private website machines could be listed with a price & people sign-up for a drawing.. or bidding is done via a silent auction. No one knows who else bid or signed up for what. It's just a thought of how to do this in a way that isn't as open to some feeding frenzy.
If people can't handle some more private way of doing things like that, then I guess eBay or the marketplace ads are the way to go. Or we go with the original plan that has been long delayed for about 3-4 years and fix games up for sale. I really don't care how any of this happens, but I will not have it affect MY LIFE in any major way or see it cause huge amounts of stress for any close family involved.

You sure you don't want to add a secret handshake and dance to that routine?

Maybe ask a few riddles to spice things up too! I mean, how can you know if a buyer's serious unless he can tap dance on a table top, while throwing up random LA gang hand signs, and answering which ring on the fourth hand most resembles the seal of the waning moon?

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

FWIW my vote goes to locking down this thread, regrouping & starting a new post sometime in January 2017 when a final decision on how to sell the games is made. I've had little involvement in ideas posted here of how to sell a bulk lot of games & I'm perfectly fine discussing all of that with my father and coming up with a final plan AFTER THE HOLIDAYS. I try to enjoy the holidays and to me things like this aren't at all enjoyable. Yet the exact reason this has gotten so far out of hand is because I chose to wait until after the holidays to make this a priority & this thread couldn't just be left as a heads-up post about some machines coming up for sale.
IMO no one needs to see pictures or descriptions of games that isn't actually serious about buying or bidding. Plain and simple. The way to weed out just the serious folks is have them give you something. This can be done with a shopping cart link setup for $1 purchase, where you enter your Pinside username as well. That gives a Pinside username & address of a potential buyer. The $1 gets refunded even. Then a login is created on a private website that you must use your pinside username & a password to enter -- and you have access to each lot of machines posted, with pictures & description of the games. Within that private website machines could be listed with a price & people sign-up for a drawing.. or bidding is done via a silent auction. No one knows who else bid or signed up for what. It's just a thought of how to do this in a way that isn't as open to some feeding frenzy.
If people can't handle some more private way of doing things like that, then I guess eBay or the marketplace ads are the way to go. Or we go with the original plan that has been long delayed for about 3-4 years and fix games up for sale. I really don't care how any of this happens, but I will not have it affect MY LIFE in any major way or see it cause huge amounts of stress for any close family involved.

Moderators I have to agree with Wayne - time to shut this down!

When I suggest giving excess money I receive beyond what I really want for a game to charity and the replies are negative this isn't going to get any better

#508 2 years ago

C'mon last post in before a thread gets shut down achievement in 3, 2, 1...?

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Moderators I have to agree with Wayne - time to shut this down!
When I suggest giving excess money I receive beyond what I really want for a game to charity and the replies are negative this isn't going to get any better

#510 2 years ago

Bump for Round 2 attempt for last post in before a thread gets shut down achievement

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

People bashing you are just jealous they dont have a truckload of pins to collect/sell. They see you and wish they could be the one with the power to make money and claim they are helping people out. Just dont listen to them and put the pins on the marketplace ad and there is no more need to post here. Not worth your time and effort. GL with everything.

Not jealous. Spent monday driving 13 hours to get a rare (200 production) machine in a van that was running on 5 of its 8 cylinders. Happy camper, made it safe, and happy to not do the multiple trips op is claiming. Just tired of watching the farce. OP toots his own horn, shows his greed, and cries when the masses do not adore him for it. Guy is looking at a boat load of work, backache, and let him have profit for it. Its his luck and his effort to make it happen, but if he is going to treat everyone like idiots then call him out on it.

#512 2 years ago

Long over due, flush this turd down the toilet. If you actually acquire any machines then sell them here or where ever. You created an avalanche of talk and you have to expect the repercussions of negativity for not producing a single picture or price. Reminds me of the pied piper. I hope it works out for you and all the pinsiders looking to score a fair deal. Lastly be careful of your health, I can see this stressing the shit out of someone. Their only pinball's and not worth risking your health.

#513 2 years ago

Closed at the request of the OP.

Thanks for participating, folks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 27.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 199.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 214.99
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.50
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 7,499.00
There are 513 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside