(Topic ID: 180643)

Warehouse Find & Collection Sell Down Central PA (Update)

By too-many-pins

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 7 years ago

After all the drama here the end on December I decided to just quietly list a few machines here in the Marketplace & on Craig's List. Currently selling off machines from our collection & "Project Stash" to raise funds & make room for the warehouse deal. Anyway things have been gone smoothly and we have sold off or traded over 35 machines in less than a month. We have about another dozen or so spoken for but we still have an additional 10 or 12 machines to get sold off to have all the old cleared out before we start with the warehouse deal.

For anyone interested in seeing what we still have for sale pull up my listing of the Road Kings machine in the marketplace. There is a forum topic started about that and every couple of days I have been posting updates about what is sold and what is still for sale. Last updated yesterday.

Once all (or most) of these machines are gone I plan on taking a few weeks and heading to Florida for a much needed vacation. When I get back home I'll start picking up machines from the warehouse deal and listing them sometime shortly after the Allentown Show in May. If I get enough picked up before Allentown I'll also be taking some to the Allentown Show if all goes as planned.

Sorry - still no list or anything from the warehouse deal. I have been communicating with the seller and he still has not had time to hook up with me again but our plans are to get together for the second load sometime later this month.

Thanks to all who have made selling off machines from the collection such an easy and painless process. I didn't expect any issues but things have been going even smoother than I had hoped for. Hopefully the warehouse machines can go out of here the same way!

I am hoping this update is not in violation of any Pinside rules and it does not become another drama filled post. I like thing smooth & easy not crazy like some people tried to make things last time I tried to post about this. Moderators - if there is an issue with me posting this please let me know.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Here we go again.........

Hopefully not but if so I do request moderators shut it down right away. I am just trying to keep the Pinside Community informed not get into a drama fest again. A good many people have been communicating with me about machines and I did feel the need to do an update. I will not be replying to every post and really have nothing more to say other than deal is still in the works & will happen when seller is ready. For now we are just trying to sell off the rest of the excess here and get ready.

#8 7 years ago

Dozens of people have PMed me about machines for sale & machines coming up for sale (in excess of 90 Pinsiders plus about 50 from Craig's List). Instead of answering 100 plus emails it is easier for me to just do updates in a post like this.

If you are not interested just pass the post by (or hide it - pinside gives you that choice) - if you are one of the haters or people that doubt what I am saying do what you need to do. For those of you that like what I have been trying to do - THANK YOU and for those of you that have bought machines from me recently and even BIGGER THANK YOU!

My one and only purpose for all of this is to expand our collection (not in size but in quality of machines) and to sell off the excess machines to people who will enjoy them. Those of you who know me know this is the way it is and for those of you that 'just don't get it" you likely never will. In any event I am doing what I need to do and what is best for me as well as trying to do what is best for other pinball hobbiest. Say what you want - do what you want - I really don't care. I am in my early 60's and have always done things my way - most people think I am crazy but it works for me and that is all that counts to me.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

So, making an ad for each game when it is really for sale is just right out then?

The issue I have with posting an ad for each machine when it is ready to sell is I have room in the garage for 15 machines and I had over 50 to sell quickly. Regardless of what was in the garage people would have wanted something else. By doing it "my way" I was able to find out what people were interested in - get those machines to the garage & sold - then move on to the next group. I could have never sold 30+ machines in less than a month listing them one at a time.

By next week I should FINALLY have room in the garage for everything that is still for sale. Once that happens each game will have its own Marketplace ad.

#11 7 years ago

What I find kind of crazy is everyone "BASHING" what I have been trying to do is too far away to buy from me anyway. Why waste my time & yours if it is something that does not involve you anyway?

Most of the "local guys" know me or know of me and they are the ones I am trying to get the word out to about these machines.

Anyway - have fun bashing me if you need to. I need to get to work - the garage should be warm by now. (I messed up last night and turned the heated off when loading a couple machines then forgot to turn it back on. I hate working in the cold!)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warehouse-find-collection-sell-down-central-pa-update?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.