6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by imheretoo
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

If either of the deals were local both would have turned out OK but since each was over 400 miles away (one way) transportation cost pretty much killed any profits for me. Since I am semi retired and don't need a lot of money coming in I don't mind working cheap but being on a fixed income I can't justify working my ass off for a loss.

It sounds like this was a major pain in the ass, all things considered.

If you had to do it over again, would you simply pass on this and pass it on to another collector who was closer to the stash?

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Kind of a long story - as most of my stories tend to be - but I couldn't pass the VA deal to anyone else since seller only wanted to work with me on that. We had past dealings and he said "you are the only one I trust to treat my uncle fairly" so I really wanted to help him out.
Where the problem came in is I was suppose to pick up those machines in March or early April and have them for Allentown but seller couldn't find time to hook up with me and decided to delay getting together until June. I already had my two spaces rented at Allentown and didn't have much to take. So I was in kind of a jam and second deal came along. I knew money was going to be close on that deal but at least I would be able to fill my space at Allentown so I went ahead with it. Then right after I made the second deal my VA guy got back to me and decided he could make time the first weekend in April. So instead of a shortage of machines for Allentown I had way to many.
So basically two deals with over 8600 miles of driving in 23 days wasn't my original plan - that was just the way things turned out. No regrets because I did accomplish what I wanted to do and got about 35 machines to people who will actually do something with them, 10 or 15 machines ready for the York Show (or to sell on Pinside) and some parts machines (to add to my parts inventory for eBay) as well as a couple machines heading into the collection. But it sure would have been nice if it wasn't such a rush in a short period of time to get it all done.

Did you at least cherry pick a few games for yourself for the trouble?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warehouse-deal-update?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.