Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Big_Bob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I was driving today and saw a trailer with a police force pinball, big guns pinball and a zombies raid 2 gun arcade. I talked to the young man that was hauling them and he said he was transferring them from a closed down place in st.louis to a storage shed near my house for a older gentleman. The trailer was also littered with pure junk. The owner is going to call me about buying them. He said the owner had a lot more pinballs and arcade games to move. What is a fair price on the 2pinballs I saw? They were very dirty but looked good. I wiped off the glass and didn't see any wear on the playfields, but don't know if they work or not. They have been sitting since 1990. I'm hoping he has some rare ones, major havoc. Varkon ect. You never know. Ed

#2 9 years ago

Wow. You almost could go for $900 to $2000 depending on condition, But... If those pins have been sitting that long, you may have Thee classic system 11 battery damage which makes both of them worth a ton less. Hard to say without seeing loads of photos. Best of luck~SpOoKy

#3 9 years ago

Those two machines you mentioned are 'middle of the road' system 11. The biggest expense will be the main MPU board which would most likely be damaged since they sat forever. If batteries where left in place they would have leaked and 'might' have destroyed the board. $150 used working to $300+ for new ones to get that resolved. Working .. those machines range from $800-$1400 depending on condition.

I would persue a package deal on all the pinball machines and try to keep it no more than $400 per machine if they are all in the era these are. Arcade games maybe $100-$200 each if you have to take them.

Mike V.

#4 9 years ago

This one is lowball city. I'd offer 500 for both and settle on $800 for both at the most.

Lord knows what issues they have...bad displays, boards etc can add up quick.

And if they don't have issues? Doesn't really matter. You'd be doing this old man a favor taking his garbage off his hands. These are D-list games.

#5 9 years ago

I offered 400.00 apiece for the pins sight unseen, he said he'd think about it and call me back. Ed

#6 9 years ago

I have been successful with a couple of warehouse buys. The one earlier this year, the op wanted a price but I feel it is best never to give a price but instead work your way in. Tell them you will give them a fair price but need to see the games. I think how you relate to the op means as much as the price. Make sure they know you will not bother them for repairs/etc. I always work some small talk to get to know them and it seems to have worked. Try not to intrude and work to their schedule. Be prepared to take junk also, just get a price that works out. Might have to overpay for some but keep the big picture in mind.
Best of luck

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warehouse-buy-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.