Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Niterider
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

#1 5 years ago

So, 5 years ago I made this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-did-i-waste-so-much-time-w-warcraft

It was the start of my Pinball addiction which has grown a bunch. Believe it or not, I’m actually starting to consider rebooting some Warcraft in a casual way. Wondering if other Pinsiders still play and, if so, what their thoughts are. If you do play, let me know your pros and cons of the game in its current state and also your server. If I do re-up, it would be nice to play with some Pinside folks.

Maybe I’m toying with a really bad idea but Pinball is usually a solo thing for me as my family never plays so playing a video game might offer some additional socializing. I actually get a little lonely playing pinball most of the time. (As a side note, how pathetic is it I’m actually considering playing a video game to socialize? Times sure have changed since I was a kid!)

Darin

#2 5 years ago

I definitely play WOW semi-hardcore most of the time with the occasional short break. Loved the most recent expansion and there's hardly been a day I don't log in a bit since launch. We're at the weird time between expansions where lots of people take breaks so I have to work on casual things like old achievement hunting since most of my guild isn't on to do mythic raids. There's a pretty good grouping tool these days though that makes most things "easier" to get with time and patience.

There's a number of social things on these for sure, but at the moment I do spend quite a bit of my WOW time leveling an alt or working on solo activities. Things will kick back up group\raid wise with my regulars in August when BfA launches.

#3 5 years ago

I gave it a try again a couple years ago, but wasn't into it like i used to be. Plan to give it another shot when the Classic servers come out.

#4 5 years ago

I have my doubt on long term success of classic servers, but Blizzard rarely misses so I think they'll get it right if they do make it to launch.

#5 5 years ago

I play on Hellscream-Alliance

#6 5 years ago

THey have a $50 deal to get legion and he new expansion.

Been so long I don’t even remember for sure what I have or what levels. I had a few at max level at that time but now they are left way behind. If I start again I might start fresh with a full leveling and hold off on the free boost. Really just now toying with this idea.

#7 5 years ago

are there any leagues in Knoxville you can play pinball socially at?

#8 5 years ago

Yeah, the start of one where I route a few games but that means leaving the family for hours at a time. Wife won’t put up with that. She barely tolerates Pinball as it is. Good thought though.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Yeah, the start of one where I route a few games but that means leaving the family for hours at a time. Wife won’t put up with that. She barely tolerates Pinball as it is. Good thought though.

She tolerates you playing a game with a headset on in the house on the computer versus going out and playing pinball? Or are you sneaking in warcraft in the middle of the night? Bummer you cant play league, I find pinball is the best while enjoyed with others!

#10 5 years ago

It would be the leaving for hours that would be unwise. I have a good wife and don’t want to paint a bad picture. Just know what I can get away with lol.

#11 5 years ago

I too have contiplated getting back into WOW. A buddy of mine is trying to get me to start up with him. We haven't been logged on for about 5 years.

#12 5 years ago

I laid off for a few years but came back in the last few months. It’s very different, but still a lot of fun. They are definitely trying to keep it fresh. Demon Hunter is a blast, but my Warlock isn’t as fun as he used to be...

#13 5 years ago

Fire mage for life, never bad, never good. They never change.

#14 5 years ago

ilvl 930 Warlock. Alleria, or whatever server cluster Alleria is on lol.

Quoted from TrevixClemson:

Warlock isn’t as fun as he used to be...

I have access to BfA beta... Warlock has *massive* changes coming. Demonology still best spec, but the rotation is vastly different without Demonic Empowerment being a thing anymore. Get prepared to see HORDES of imps!

#15 5 years ago

The new expansion definitely looks good. Legion was pretty phenomenal.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

The new expansion definitely looks good. Legion was pretty phenomenal.

I enjoyed Legion as well. I'm a bit more reserved about BfA. Surely the PvP aspects won't be required or negatively affect the PvE experience. I don't mind either but don't to be forced to do both to be competitive in either one.

#17 5 years ago

I was a wc3 player. Not a wow player. I'm hoping wc4 is the next RTS for Blizzard.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I was a wc3 player. Not a wow player. I'm hoping wc4 is the next RTS for Blizzard.

Well they did recently issue a big patch WC3 after years. So at least you have that. :p

#19 5 years ago

I used to play up until the Lich King expansion. After that I feel that Blizzard ruined the game. It used to be fun earning things in the game, and then all of a sudden it seemed like things were way too easy to get. Unfortunately my son got extremely addicted to it, and as it became his whole life, I started to get so sick of hearing about WOW non stop, that I started to hate it. I call WOW the cure for fresh air and sunshine. My son though is on a strict heroes diet when he is planning on going raiding, and makes sure that he is stocked up on Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew. If he does not have carpal tunnel syndrome yet, he sure is working on it. He is pale, stinks, has long fingernails and sleeps during most of the day now. If the neighbors on rare occasion happen to see him, they must think that he is a vampire.

#20 5 years ago

Just started playing again since 2008. We shall see how long it lasts.

#21 5 years ago

older school, the game warcraft was based on. more difficult, more fun. Everquest project99 red. pvp is always the more enjoyable route

#22 5 years ago

I started with Dark Age of Camelot. Now that is a solid PVP game. But now I'm just a PVE casual in WOW.

#23 5 years ago

How amazing would a Blizzard-themed Pin be? That could actually be my dream theme. A Warcraft pin would be great, but a Blizzard-themed pin with WoW, Starcraft, Overwatch, Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm would be incredible. Don't forget Lost Vikings!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

How amazing would a Blizzard-themed Pin be? That could actually be my dream theme. A Warcraft pin would be great, but a Blizzard-themed pin with WoW, Starcraft, Overwatch, Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm would be incredible. Don't forget Lost Vikings!

That would be wicked sweet!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Interesting concept! I would definitely get in line for a WoW pin if it was a JJP level design.

#26 5 years ago

My account is still active, probably still one of the few that’s been active since the very beginning. Back for the ten year anniversary, the sent me a neat little statue.

Legion wasnt too bad, and I’ve toyed in the alpha/beta a bit. So for BfA...I’m still on the fence/undecided.

Recently, I started playing on a *ahem* Wrath server with some friends. If Blizzard can replicate the classic WoW of old (I have zero doubt that they can’t, it’s more of a question of what else will they try to do with it...) I will be on the classic server on day one.

One thing I’m worried about in Classic is if they intragrate Launcher’s built-in chat. That will help feed the grifters if cross-faction chat is feasible. Time will tell.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/warcraft-in-2018?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.