Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    CE12FF78-B287-4A21-A55B-3BE059978325 (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

So, I'm not sure this is worthy of a topic. I apologize in advance. I recently arranged a trade that involved myself getting a Lord of the Rings. It was a machine on my wanted list, but before agreeing to terms, it was a trade I was on the fence about. However, we agreed to a deal and arranged to exchange the machines the following weekend. I got excited. I started studying up on the various modes and even purchased some Path of the Dead figures. Then the other owner contacted me saying that they received another offer and they would have to back out on the deal. I'm not super mad or anything, but I'm finding now that I really want a Lord of the Rings...even more then I originally did. It seems like this feeling must be pretty common in our hobby. Pre-orders and the sheer existence of Limited Edition machines seem to be design to capitalize on this fear of missing out. Anyway, just a thought. Feel free to share your story of wanting a machine more after you were told you couldn't have it.

#2 4 years ago

Had something similar happen recently. Saw a project TZ for sale near me. I talked to my wife, and we agreed on a price. I shot the offer to the seller, and he politely declined. Super nice guy. I really wanted to offer more, but I couldn't go over the budget. I already had a deal with my wife (it even included me selling some of my other toys to fund my purchase) It sold later that day. I'm stilling kicking myself a tad and looking even harder for another one. I wanted a TZ before, but this has cranked it up to a different level.

#3 4 years ago

It's not having what you want
    It's wanting what you've got

- sheryl crow

#4 4 years ago

Not right when you have come to a deal, however part of the hobby

#5 4 years ago

You can't always get what you want but if you try sometime, you find you get what you need.

#6 4 years ago

Lots of song lyric quotes...

"Fuck that guy for breaking the deal!" - me

Break a deal, face the wheel - Mad max beyond thunderdome (sorry, I couldn't help myself)

#7 4 years ago

Had a line on an Atarians last week for cheaaaaaaaap. I have zero interest in actually owning the game. I’m seriously pissed I didn’t get it.

#8 4 years ago

I was thinking about BM66 saw great deal in Florida. Before I could decide I wanted to watch some videos and study the rules. I was all set to take the offer but was sold.

We didn’t have any formal deal in place but I was just mentally thinking of it and how I’d pick it up etc.

#9 4 years ago

If you cant be with the one you love, love the one youre with...

#10 4 years ago

Patience Patience Patience my friend you will get there... and it will be Awesome!

#11 4 years ago

I see a theme going on here, so here’s a summary of OP’s post

What I want, you've got
    And it might be hard to handle
    But like the flame that burns the candle
    The candle feeds the flame

#12 4 years ago

Chin up my friend. I had just missed out on an Alien pin several weeks back...had a shot at it but tried to negotiate down a little as I didn't really know what it was truly worth at that point in time. Someone else struck a deal right before I could. Thankfully, another Alien was offered to me unexpectedly by someone who saw a post I made about how much I hoped to find one, and now it looks like it might actually happen. I hope you get your LOTR when you least expect the chance.

#13 4 years ago

I've always wanted Miranda Kerr. Wait. What are we discussing again?

#14 4 years ago

Ever notice when a pin sells fast in the market place soon many of the same titles show up for significantly more... what you said.... I want one even more...

#15 4 years ago

I want a 5000 sq ft 1 story house.

#16 4 years ago

I wanna be sedated.

#17 4 years ago

Do these sound like the actions of a man who had ALL HE COULD FLIP?

CE12FF78-B287-4A21-A55B-3BE059978325 (resized).jpegCE12FF78-B287-4A21-A55B-3BE059978325 (resized).jpeg
    #18 4 years ago

Wanting what you cant have.....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #19 4 years ago

What is even harder for me is appreciating what I’ve got. Especially if I lose it.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Wanting what you cant have.....[quoted image]

Shit! I want one. Although at 51 I wouldn’t be able to fully appreciate it.

#21 4 years ago

Exact same thing happened with me with a WPT. Ended up picking up a nicer one.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Wanting what you cant have.....[quoted image]

She would make buying a supreme pin look like a damn bargain......

#23 4 years ago

I think its about appreciating what you do have that makes a happy life.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I think its about appreciating what you do have that makes a happy life.

Absolutely! Pure Epicurean, Ice!

(Although Ill still hope for Kate Beckinsale....heh, Pete Davidson had a date!)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanting-what-you-can-t-have?hl=pindoctor82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.