• Latest reply 11 years ago by Santeh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TRON-Party.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I know I am late to the party and I realize I am going to get hammered but I would like to purchase a Tron LE used or new for fair price. Yes I probably should just get the Pro version and another Pin for the same price but for some reason I still want the LE. If you have one and are serious about selling one PM me.

Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

Good luck in your hunt. Most of these are now in permanent collections, but I do see one pop up here every two or three weeks or so. Be patient and you'll get one.

#3 11 years ago

Try playing BBH if you can't find a Tron LE.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

Try playing BBH if you can't find a TRON LE.

Funny you should mention BBH, it isn't exactly easy to find either.

#5 11 years ago

I had to beg to get someone to sell me their Tron Le.

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. I think this is crazy to start my pin collection with this game but I am Tron fan so it sort of make sense. I have high hopes but it seems to be a bit crazy to pay double for a fancy light show and a few extras.

#7 11 years ago

The fancy light show is a mod that someone is working on right now. I'm buying a pro.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

The fancy light show is a mod that someone is working on right now. I'm buying a pro.

+1 as I am doing the same. I love the TRON LE, but with the fiber optic lighting mod coming out for the TRON Pro it looks to rival the LE in almost every way (without Daft Punk multiball and drop targets: but I prefer stand-ups this time due to possible speed increase). Yet the TRON Pro is currently around $3,000-3,500 less than the TRON LE which makes this an easy choice for me as much as I would like to have the LE.

#9 11 years ago

I bought a TRON LE at a price that brought me a modicum of ridicule and infamy on these forums. However, I now have a fully modded LE and absolutely no regrets! Good luck on your search, it's worth it!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I had to beg to get someone to sell me their TRON LE.

How long till it's for sale? hehehe.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

that is a zinger...

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Come on I celebrated its two week birthday today. Not bored yet.

#13 11 years ago

Seems like a checklist game for the collectors, lately.

"Do you have a Tron LE?"

..."Yes."

Next.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

Seems like a checklist game for the collectors, lately.
"Do you have a TRON LE?"
..."Yes."
Next.

yeah, all the cool kids have one--don't you?

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

I bought a TRON LE at a price that brought me a modicum of ridicule and infamy on these forums. However, I now have a fully modded LE and absolutely no regrets! Good luck on your search, it's worth it!

EXACTLY!

I picked up a stock Tron LE 6 months ago for 8k. I thought I was nuts but new I would never get that chance again. Since then, I've modded the heck out of it and who knows ...once I'm done, I will probably be over the 10k. No regrets, no buyers remorse, and so happy that she's in my line-up. FUN FUN PIN!

-Mauro

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Is your Tron one of the newer ones or are you getting one from a previous run?

#17 11 years ago

New run

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

Hello

I think you got my number my number 8 or 9 if so thanks and I hope you are really enjoying the pin. I still have the other I kept for myself.

Buddy

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Can you point me to said Mod, would love to save 3-4 k and willing to wait for a good light mod?

#21 11 years ago

Not to be a stick in the mud....but
I've seen the video of this mod, and although they look just as bright as the fo tubes on my le, they do not and will not work as well as they have been integrated into tron limited edition.

Watch clips of le videos to see how well they are integrated into the game.

Spend the money and get the limited edition it's badass.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

I've seen the video of this mod, and although they look just as bright as the fo tubes on my le, they do not and will not work as well as they have been integrated into tron limited edition.

Not true. The mod just might exceed the LE as far as integration and customization.

#23 11 years ago

Actually this was addressed in the latest updates on the fiber optic mod and it was noted that the system was not integrated yet but that this is being worked on and the new boards (which is supposed to be in the testers hands this week) would allow for very, very good integration between the fiber optic wires and the gameplay, much like the LE (and as some said maybe even better than the LE). We shall see.

#24 11 years ago

It's all Tron goodness my compatriots!

#25 11 years ago

Buy them all!!!

#26 11 years ago

The TRON LE has one thing that makes it a must have for collectors: a plate with a number that will never go above 400. The fact that I can tell anyone that there are only 250 of these in the US and a 150 outside of the US makes everyone go "Wow!" You just can't beat that. That said, knowing what I know now, if I hadn't had the fortune of finding an LE, I would go for a Pro, because having a TRON pin is still better than not having one!

(Disclaimer: yes, I'm a huge TRON fan as proven by the awesome TRON party my friends and colleagues threw for me for my 40th; and yes, that's EL wire around my tie! )

TRON-Party.jpgTRON-Party.jpg

#27 11 years ago

Nice pic. You really are a big tron fan. Congrats on your numbered plate..wow

#28 11 years ago

There are no video clips online of the latest version of that mod, afaik. What we saw so far is an earlier version.

#29 11 years ago

Thanks everyone for the input, really nice to join such a helpful community. After many emails, and hearing the words "sold,sold,sorry sold,sorry just cashed check", and realizing that I was going to pay 9-10k for a used pin and people have been getting that or near that for a month or two I decided to pass. Maybe if I was a patient man I would get lucky in the future but sort of doubt it with how quick they sell.Who has time to wait I need to finish my own personal home arcade and play some pinball this year!

Instead of blowing a chunk change on one pin I have decided to get a Tron Pro and Ac/Dc Premium. Yeah I am spending a little more than the tron le but as people keep saying you cannot just get one pinball machine. Looking forward to the light mod and hopefully it bridges the gap between the two. Regardless I think every time I play Ac/Dc what I am missing from the Tron Le will be severely minimized. Plus a 10 k pinball machine for a first time owner is just utterly insane and glad sometimes the conservative side of me kicks in(ok buying two brand new pins is not that conservative but the alternative).

#30 11 years ago

Good decision!

#31 11 years ago

Whatever decision you reach, don't look back and enjoy every moment!

#32 11 years ago

i have both the tron le and acdc premium - i love the tron le as it is a great game, but i play the acdc more - so a great decision on your part - of course my tron le with a few mods is for sale at 10k. if you decide to change your mind.

you will love acdc - thanks ed

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Thanks everyone for the input, really nice to join such a helpful community. After many emails, and hearing the words "sold,sold,sorry sold,sorry just cashed check", and realizing that I was going to pay 9-10k for a used pin and people have been getting that or near that for a month or two I decided to pass. Maybe if I was a patient man I would get lucky in the future but sort of doubt it with how quick they sell.Who has time to wait I need to finish my own personal home arcade and play some pinball this year!
Instead of blowing a chunk change on one pin I have decided to get a Tron Pro and Ac/Dc Premium. Yeah I am spending a little more than the TRON LE but as people keep saying you cannot just get one pinball machine. Looking forward to the light mod and hopefully it bridges the gap between the two. Regardless I think every time I play Ac/Dc what I am missing from the TRON LE will be severely minimized. Plus a 10 k pinball machine for a first time owner is just utterly insane and glad sometimes the conservative side of me kicks in(ok buying two brand new pins is not that conservative but the alternative).

Great decision. Very small difference in game play between tron pro and LE. Buy the lighted ramp mods and mod that pro out. Awesome game.

#34 11 years ago

Can't go wrong with ACDC premium. I'd sell my Tron LE way before my BIB.

#35 11 years ago

Tron pro + acdc prem is way better than just Tron le. you made the right choice

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Can't go wrong with ACDC premium. I'd sell my TRON LE way before my BIB.

Whenever your ready.......

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from wescor97:

Whenever your ready.......

Make me an offer I can't refuse. (:

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from bjorg:

The TRON LE has one thing that makes it a must have for collectors: a plate with a number that will never go above 400. The fact that I can tell anyone that there are only 250 of these in the US and a 150 outside of the US makes everyone go "Wow!" You just can't beat that.

I will never understand why that means anything to anyone.

And no, this isn't Tron LE envy, I own one. Couldn't care less if mine is one of a kind or one of a million.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Tron pro + acdc prem is way better than just TRON LE. you made the right choice

+1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 26.50
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanting-to-purchase-a-tron-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.