Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by travisbmartin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I'm working on a major restore on a Pinbot. I've got the stencils to paint it after I patch up the dings on the cabinet, but I need to find paint.

I obviously need black, red, and yellow, and I'd like to clearcoat it semi-gloss. But the problem is that I cannot for the life of me find a can of yellow spray paint that isn't gloss.

Any ideas?

#2 5 years ago

A lot of the bigger auto parts stores or just an auto paint store can mix you colors in any finish.

#3 5 years ago

33third.com or BombingScience.com carries a line of paint called Ironlak. TONS of colors and most are not glossy. The paint is awesome - it has very very good coverage and with the variety of caps they send with each purchase you are all set to stencil a game.

#4 5 years ago

I was hoping to find something nearby that I can run and buy as needed. I work thirds and I'm really only out and about in the early morning. I might go ahead and get the gloss coat versions of red and yellow that Rustoleum makes, but I'm worried the gloss might look a bit much

#5 5 years ago

Did you happen to check out https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-cabinet-colors-pinbot by chance then click on the RGP link by Gweempose? Someone used "Krylon Sun Yellow" and Action Pinball (one of my favorite vendors) commented that it was spot on. Either way, good luck! I'm toying with the idea of repainting my Pin-Bot this summer as well.

#6 5 years ago

If you are clearing over it, it doesn't matter if it is flat or gloss. You will have to scuff it before clear and after clear will only be as glossy as the clear you choose.

#7 5 years ago

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll be buying paint next weekend by the sound of it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Machine - For Sale
Manchester Township, NJ
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
2,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inverness, IL
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside