Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG
IMG_0803.jpg
IMG_0822.jpg
IMG_0825.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I did it to my BSD with great success but Creech is a little more difficult. I don't want to just buy a kit either. For those of you who have done this to Creech can you post pics and any tips or suggestions? Thank You in advance.

#2 11 years ago

bump

#3 11 years ago

Did a few on mine - not too many.

Do like Cointaker frosted pink 555's in the KISS letters......not too bright but nice color.

Also changed FILM to brighter white as it is quite dark in this area.

#4 11 years ago

Creech is a very dark game and ( I think ) difficult to make 'brighter'
I used LED's where I thought appropriate - mainly from Cointaker range

I changed the 4 x KISS to a bright RED
Like shapeshifter I changed to bright whites at the FILM inserts
Purple under the SLIDE insert
BLUE under the Big millions insert.
I used white under the 4 x 'start / movie' inserts.
I use GREEN LED flashers for the side holes when you need to lock a ball to start the movie.

I use GREEN ablaze3 globes under the top lane plastics ( PAID ) but I also use green plastics there as opposed to orange.

I use 4LED bright whites under each sling plastic in an effort to brighten that dark area up a little ( I did at one stage try ALL Gi with these but it was WAY too much )

I also swapped out all of the tiny ( 86? ) bulbs in the ramp and bowl for GREEN ;ed's which at the time I think I got via Cointaker.

Hope that helps a little

#5 11 years ago

Thanx guys. I know Creech needs a little more tlc when leds r involved. How about the backbox?

#6 11 years ago

I bought the kit from CT when I did mine before I really knew how to set a game up properly. I think the suggestions here are correct. Make sure to get the green lamps for the ramp and saucer (Forget which # they are but they're the smaller ones) as that really makes them pop. I need to do the KISS lights as mentioned above yet.

Not sure if you like to change the original look, but I went with teal lane guides and pop bumpers and even ended up lighting the pops up. Not sure if you want to go that far, but it looks really good when done.

#7 11 years ago

Thanx guys. I know Creech needs a little more tlc when leds r involved. How about the backbox?

The CT kit if I recall uses all supers in the backbox. Think cool white and greens. I liked this setup myself and am leaving it this way.

The second photo really made it looked washed out and its not, but you get the idea. Last picture is right before I LED'd Creech...

IMG_0825.jpgIMG_0825.jpg IMG_0822.jpgIMG_0822.jpg IMG_0803.jpgIMG_0803.jpg

#8 11 years ago

I did switch lane guides and pops to teal and lighted them with the pinbits mod. I do have the green ramp and bowl. I did do the red kiss and green film all in "regular" bulbs. Looking at trying to led the whole machine but not where it is overly done.....

#9 11 years ago

Looks good Nutty_50.

#10 11 years ago

I just finished my Creech, but I stuck with incandescent GI and ramp lights. I just like the warm glow and spreading effect of incandescent for this game, and I didn't want to lose any of the fading in the attract mode. The miniature LEDs for the ramps are just too crazy expensive for my tastes, so I just bought green incandescent.

I added GI to the pop bumpers and used pinballlife four-SMD LEDs there, then used standard frosted PBL lamps for several of the inserts. I used green for the "film" lamps, red for "kiss" and orange in several other places. From a color perspective, the red and green look awesome, but orange is lost in the shuffle. I did notice a pretty significant amount of ghosting in "film", so I will be moving to ghostbusters when I order again.

The game is super bright and the colored LEDs in the inserts really pop.

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#11 11 years ago

So what is the best color led to put under teal plastics?

#12 11 years ago

Maybe teal??

Not tried it but I love the teal led's that noflix do.

#13 11 years ago

You can barely tell in my pic, but the pop bumper caps have cool white LEDs under teal plastics, while the teal lane guides have incandescent bulbs. The cool white bulbs give a decidedly blue look to the plastics. I might eventually change my pop bumper caps and lane guides to warm white or teal, since I think you'd lose too much light by going with green.

#14 11 years ago

I went with the CT kit and the mini green LEDs on the ramp and bowl. Cool white under the teal lane guides and teal pop bumpers. Bright red under the KISS. Green flashers under the Start Film inserts by the captive holes. The white flashers there were blindingly bright and not in a good way. The game is plenty bright now.

#15 11 years ago

BCs also sells a cyan. I'd suggest calling prior to ordering. I'm still waiting on blues from over a year ago.

#16 11 years ago

Leave the projector flashers alone. You want it to look like a 50's-era movie projector which the incandescent flashers emulate perfectly. Get the star post lights wired for GI installed at the slings. These will help iluminate the lower playfield nicely.
Shawn

#17 11 years ago

All great suggestions. I have seen all star posts changed to teal....i was thinking of doing that too

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Leave the projector flashers alone. You want it to look like a 50's-era movie projector which the incandescent flashers emulate perfectly. Get the star post lights wired for GI installed at the slings. These will help iluminate the lower playfield nicely.
Shawn

Not sure what you mean?

Do you mean post light mod or something else?

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not sure what you mean?

I believe what Shawn means is that there are two "projector" flashers when you spell, "FILM" and you need to hit either of these two to start the movie. When you light FILM, they are really fast flashers that emulate an older movie projector that uses the reels. (I'm 38 and remember these especially in school but perhaps the younger gals and guys won't!)

With that said, I did put in CT super flashers in cool white in my projector inserts and they still work well but the incand. bulbs likely have the more realistic look.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not sure what you mean?

I'm talking about lamps that fit under the Star Posts. Check them out here: http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/index.html?http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/spl_kit.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 45.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanting-to-led-my-creechany-tips and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.