(Topic ID: 87396)

Wanting to buy Taxi or Whirlwind in Wisconsin.

By Mlkmnrob

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by DB62
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Exactly what the title says. Looking to spend around 1800 depending on quality.

#2 9 years ago

I have probably the nicest Whirlwind you would find. Brand new ramps, brand new plastics, brand new topper, brand new translite, all brand new playfield parts and decals.

Just COMPLETELY shopped out and serviced by a technician with 30 years in the business. Everything was completely torn apart and gone through(flippers rebuilt, bop bumpers rebuilt) ECT...

Beautiful playfield with LED's from cointaker. Very nice cabinet. No hacks on any boards. Everything works and scores 100% correctly. This WW needs NOTHING. It is truly plug and play.

It would take a little more than 1,800 to purchase it ... But ... Not that much more

Let me know if you are interested, as I will be listing it for sale in this coming week. Thanks

Dan

#3 9 years ago

For all of you who contacted Dan about his Whirlwind... please read.

Dan recently had emergency eye surgery (detached retina) and will not be able to contact anyone for at least 10 days. He obviously is having vision problems and now has to lay flat on his back for at least 10 days until things heal up... doctor's orders. That makes it a bit hard to use his computer.

I've known Dan for years and he is a good guy. Please have patience. He will get back to you in time.

Health first... pinball later.

Thanks

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Dan recently had emergency eye surgery (detached retina) and will not be able to contact anyone for at least 10 days. He obviously is having vision problems and now has to lay flat on his back for at least 10 days until things heal up... doctor's orders. That makes it a bit hard to use his computer.
I've known Dan for years and he is a good guy. Please have patience. He will get back to you in time.
Thanks

damn, if it weren't for bad luck, Dan wouldn't have any luck at all. get well soon Dan, just think of all the vacations you have paid for, for all of your local health care workers.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Thanks

Get well Dan.

#6 9 years ago

Wow. Less than 24 hours ago. Sorry to learn of this. Speedy recovery.

#7 9 years ago

Ouch! I don't know the guy but Get well soon!

#8 9 years ago

Gorbachev Bump!

3 weeks later
#9 9 years ago

Hi all

Foo, thanks for posting the information and thanks to everyone for the "get better" wishes on this thread and in PM's ... I really appreciate it! I am FINALLY back on my feet and I apologize for taking so long and getting back on here, but this medical setback was beyond my control.

Anyways, These were the order of responses below to purchasing my WHIRLWIND, so please let me know if your still interested and if so, I will get you some pictures (although I won't be back home until the end of next week). If you are not interested anymore, I will then move on to the next person in line.

The price will be $2,400 firm ... there was ALOT of new parts and work put into this game, along with everything being torn apart from top to bottom in being serviced. It needs NOTHING. THANKS!!!

davewth
mpm262
mlkmnrob
Matt_Rasmussen
badbilly27
dozer1

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanting-to-buy-taxi-or-whirlwind-in-wisconsin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.