Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
buried_in_shit.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Wanted

wanted

WTB: Metallica >$4k

Added: August 19th, 2015 Ended: March 23rd, 2017

Item description

I am looking for a Metallica Pro HUO or otherwise in good shape with an LED kit installed. Mezelmods fangs and helmet mod, rickh’s sparky plastic, lighted flipper buttons, cliffy on the mystery hole preferred. Must be located in the North East or willing to deliver/ship to just outside of Philly in South, NJ. Also, I have a nice restored 2 owner Stern Batman Dark Knight for sale or trade.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Maple Shade, NJ, US

Seller insights

These are Nemesis's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Nemesis's stats page

#2 4 years ago

What does >$4K mean again? Greater than $4K? GLWTH!

#3 4 years ago

I just want to know what went into the BDK restoration.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

What does >$4K mean again? Greater than $4K? GLWTH!

LOL I thought the same thing. I'll put those mods on my game and sell it to him for $18k. That's definitely >$4k!

#5 4 years ago

< less than

#6 4 years ago

At the risk of sounding like a dick,
You want one of sterns best/most popular pins, HUO, already modded, close to or delivered to you at less than than market value???? I sincerely wish u luck. At least I gave you a bump to the top.

#7 4 years ago

To be fair it might not be a typo and he really is figuring on spending more than $4k. I read it as a way to show potential sellers that he is serious about paying for it and not likely to low-ball?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from z28dan:

You want one of sterns best/most popular pins, HUO, already modded, close to or delivered to you at less than than market value???? I sincerely wish u luck. At least I gave you a bump to the top.

He said GREATER than $4k. Not LESS than. So he's willing to pay market value .. and more!

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

He said GREATER than $4k. Not LESS than. So he's willing to pay market value .. and more!

I hope so, since the described pin is greater then 5k.

#10 4 years ago

I am glad I am not the only confused pinsider. free bump

#11 4 years ago

If it truly is less than 4k. This pretty much sums up my experiences trying to sell pins.

#12 4 years ago

why would a BDK need a restoration already? maybe a shop job but not a restoration.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why would a BDK need a restoration already? maybe a shop job but not a restoration.

That's probably a fancy way of saying cleaned, playing, and new rubbers. AKA shopped.

#14 4 years ago

Totally intended to hit the less than symbol >.< sorry for the confusion lol, woops?

Quoted from z28dan:

There was just one like this listed/sold recently, so yea. NIB is $4750 to your door. Is it far fetched to get an older one with plays from someone looking to move onto something else? Maybe, maYBE NOT, but there was atleast ONE such guy on here so, why not ask around in my area? >

Quoted from Hougie:

That's probably a fancy way of saying cleaned, playing, and new rubbers. AKA shopped.

Shopped with mods, but shopped to many on the internet means wiped down with windex. I put effort into this game, and it shows. /facepalm /fml

The hate is STRONG lately on here. WTF guys? kkthx for the bumps.

#15 4 years ago

Best of luck on your hunt. It is highly unlikely you will find what you're looking for less than $4K. But you never know I guess. If one is ever listed at that low of a price, you better have cash in hand and ready to jump in your car and go get it. Because at less than 4K it won't last long...

Jaz

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Totally intended to hit the less than symbol >.< sorry for the confusion lol, woops?

Nah, you got it right the first time. You won't find this game, in this condition, with these mods, for under $4K.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

WantedI am looking for a Metallica Pro HUO or otherwise in good shape with an LED kit installed. Mezelmods fangs and helmet mod, rickh’s sparky plastic, lighted flipper buttons, cliffy on the mystery hole preferred. Must be located in the North East or willing to deliver/ship to just outside of Philly in South, NJ. Also, I have a nice restored 2 owner Stern Batman Dark Knight for sale or trade.

Linked to ad listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/23790
Added to the marketplace: August 19th, 2015

And I'd like to win a lottery w/out buying a ticket

#18 4 years ago

There are always games out there that buck the trend if you do enough digging. Be patient and another will pop up eventually in that price range. I have found several machines for well under what people say the game should be worth. Its not always about the money.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

There are always games out there that buck the trend if you do enough digging. Be patient and another will pop up eventually in that price range. I have found several machines for well under what people say the game should be worth. Its not always about the money.

Thanks for the advice.

#20 4 years ago

Sweet avatar!

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Just curious. How many of those times were from a WTB add on a pinball forum? I could see this via craigslist, knowing an OP or buying from a friend. Not arguing your statement. I sincerely would like to know as I may have to change my buying strategy.

#22 4 years ago

You are right 85, most of what I find comes from Craigslist. To be honest if your talking strictly Pinside then I can see why people say you'll never find a deal that sweet. I know a lot of people say Craigslist sucks because of the BS involved in many transactions, but I have found some really sweet deals there. I guess my point was that a deal that good can be found somewhere with patience and some work digging around different places.

#23 4 years ago

I put up a WTB ad for a met pro and picked up a pretty much new HUO original pro (stock) for $3800 from a local pinsider....just saying...

Best of luck in your search OP. Met pro kicks some serious ass!

#24 4 years ago

Bone stock, I could see that. But not with all the mods +delivery the OP is asking. No way in hell I'd sell mine for less than $4500....

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

The hate is STRONG lately on here. WTF guys?

I don't care, but the reason negativity creeps in is that you are "sitting on the bid", ie, announcing that you would buy this machine at basically the price level that almost anyone would buy it. So technically you're not adding any information to the market other than saying you're a buyer where everyone else is. This causes people who want to be negative to jump in and say, "so what?". A seller is probably not going to respond to your WTB, because they know they could sell their machine all day at the price you are suggesting. Negative posters are probably suggesting that any WTB ad placer is at least a little more in a hurry to buy than the average spectator and therefore should be willing to pay more than the rock bottom price.
Like I said, I don't personally care, but this is why there are negative vibes popping up.

#26 4 years ago

Aaaand the thread title is still misleading.

#27 4 years ago

My friend listed his nice BDK, but the joker wasn't working, on Pinside for $3800 and got so many PM's on it that his computer blew up! He sold it in minutes and I think he said it was shipped even.

My point is list your BDK for a few hundred more than it is worth and if you sell it get a huo MET or NIB delivered, rather than trying to get MET for a few hundred less than it is worth or trading a lower rated, less challenging game for a higher one. BDK is not as good as MET IMHO, but BDK is a fun game with a great theme and uncommon in people's collections compared to MET, so it has interest when it comes up for sale. Use this to work a deal.

#28 4 years ago

Routed, dirty Met pro with a lot of potential to be nice for less than 4K, yes. As you described, not gonna happen. Like someone else suggested, sell the BDK and put the money towards a really nice Met. I've owned both, and although BDK is a fun game, it is nowhere even close to Met in both game play and beauty!

#29 4 years ago

Sold mine with exact mods seller is describing (maybe he based it on my description) for $3900.

So it does happen. Good luck!

#30 4 years ago

Not modded a used MET should be a 4k game. Pinball has to be the only market where depreciation isn't a given.

#31 4 years ago

Just buy one NIB dude

Even if you find one for <$4K you will spend a month sending PM's, asking for pics, driving around, packing & moving a game & of course arguing with owners who paid just a tad over $4K NIB themselves in reality before adding in shipping costs.

That's a lot of drama & ass kissing just to save $700

Get a new one delivered to your front door!

Let the used games with NIB prices sit with the sellers.

Buy NIB, support Stern, give them your money

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

Not modded a used MET should be a 4k game. Pinball has to be the only market where depreciation isn't a given.

Pinball has always depreciated. As soon as you open the box you would lose money. Many just have been spoiled around here because of the way the market has been the last 3 years. Was never that way and no way can stay that way. When buying NIB, always expect to take a hit when it comes time to sell.

#33 4 years ago

My friend listed his nice BDK, but the joker wasn't working, on Pinside for $3800 and got so many PM's on it that his computer blew up! He sold it in minutes and I think he said it was shipped even.
My point is list your BDK for a few hundred more than it is worth and if you sell it get a huo MET or NIB delivered, rather than trying to get MET for a few hundred less than it is worth or trading a lower rated, less challenging game for a higher one. BDK is not as good as MET IMHO, but BDK is a fun game with a great theme and uncommon in people's collections compared to MET, so it has interest when it comes up for sale. Use this to work a deal.

I would love to find a trade partner but I personally dont know why anyone would trade a Metallica unless they were a Justin Beiber fan!

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Aaaand the thread title is still misleading.

how do I change it?

#35 4 years ago

my BDK everything works fine (no problems like joker not working) and pf is in nice condition, should I ask $4200 locally and get it over with? I was thinking closer to 4400 since there werent as many made or around to be honest.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

how do I change it?

Pretty sure you just edit your first post

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

my BDK everything works fine (no problems like joker not working) and pf is in nice condition, should I ask $4200 locally and get it over with? I was thinking closer to 4400 since there werent as many made or around to be honest.

Sure. Then buy a nib Met and slowly add mods later. Dont feel bad about upgrading.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Pretty sure you just edit your first post

Ballbustin a profession out there Tex?

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

What?
That is how it works. You asked how and that is exactly how.
Unless I am missing something here.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Quoted from Arcade:

What?
That is how it works. You asked how and that is exactly how.
Unless I am missing something here.

That's exactly how you do it. Go edit your first post and the title gets activated for editing.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

That's exactly how you do it. Go edit your first post and the title gets activated for editing.

Except its technically an ad title and cant be edited for whatever reason. So maybe dont be ignorant prior to throwing out candid advice trying to make me look like a jabroni, jabroni.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Except its technically an ad title and cant be edited for whatever reason. So maybe dont be ignorant prior to throwing out candid advice trying to make me look like a jabroni, jabroni.

You don't need me to make you look like anything mate. Doing a fine old job on your own. Good luck on your search.

#43 4 years ago

Yes, I don't believe you can edit a thread title like normal if it's linked to the market.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

No, but it must be one in Jersey....

Quoted from Nemesis:

Calling people ignorant for trying to help. Isn't the ignorant one the person that doesn't know how to do it, ask the question and then bashes those trying to help? Two people tried to help. So sorry they didn't have the correct answer based off the situation. You asked a question and it was answered to the best of their knowledge (it's how it works in all other situations). Good luck finding someone willing to help now.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Calling people ignorant for trying to help. Isn't the ignorant one the person that doesn't know how to do it, ask the question and then bashes those trying to help? Two people tried to help. So sorry they didn't have the correct answer based off the situation. You asked a question and it was answered to the best of their knowledge (it's how it works in all other situations). Good luck finding someone willing to help now.

Bingo.
I have never had a Market place thread and had no way of knowing it would be locked in.
No good deed I guess.

#46 4 years ago

Trying to help? I've been nothing but attacked in the thread and in pm's over a simple typographical error that I myself, albeit completely capable, can not fix. Thank you all for the grave concern and sorry - again - for the confusion. FFS. Lets get back to the pinball. Please. 85vett, I aint a doormat bud, sorry.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Trying to help? I've been nothing but attacked in the thread and in pm's over a simple typographical error that I myself, albeit completely capable, can not fix. Thank you all for the grave concern and sorry - again - for the confusion. FFS. Lets get back to the pinball. Please. 85vett, I aint a doormat bud, sorry.

Wow. Just wow.
Not everyone is attacking you .
I was honestly trying to help you.
Please get a grip on things.

#48 4 years ago

This is the best wanted to buy thread ever, drama wise. Woohoo!

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

This is the best wanted to buy thread ever, drama wise. Woohoo!

I agree. But with a little back and forth bickering, now the Mods will be in to shut it down. IBTL.....

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside