(Topic ID: 125325)

Wanted: WTB: large TSPP plastic behind I&S hole

By lowepg

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 9 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

WTB: large TSPP plastic behind I&S hole

Added: 2015-04-21 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (July 10th, 2015) • Ended: April 30th, 2017

Price

Wanted

The "perfect" TSPP I thought I bought apparently is slightly less than perfect

As I was installing some cliffy's today I noticed the long plastic piece on the right side is actually cracked right at the bottom screw hole (likely had been over tightened).

Since the pieces are both there and fit together, I may try to glue it, but I'd rather have a replacement piece as a backup.

Anyone with an extra part they'd sell? Or a full set if need be?

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are lowepg's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to lowepg's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Cary, NC, US

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

WantedThe "perfect" TSPP I thought I bought apparently is slightly less than perfect As I was installing some cliffy's today I noticed the long plastic piece on the right side is actually cracked right at the bottom screw hole (likely had been over tightened).Since the pieces are both there and fit together, I may try to glue it, but I'd rather have a replacement piece as a backup.Anyone with an extra part they'd sell? Or a full set if need be?

Linked to ad listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/19498
Added to the marketplace: April 22nd, 2015

Good luck.... that one is broken there on almost every TSPP in existence it seems like. The plastic is really thin by that screw hole.... Literally "Stupid Flanders".

People used to buy the whole plastic set just for that piece and extra slings. The plastic sets are no longer being made, so it may be a challenge. A little super glue and putting a clear washer over that area and tightening it down on top of the plastic should last you the life of the machine.

Bump for your search.

#3 9 years ago

Yes, me too. This would be a great repro piece.

#4 9 years ago

I have one that is unbroken in a new plastic set, I could probably scan it if would help you get a new one made...

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have one that is unbroken in a new plastic set, I could probably scan it if would help you get a new one made...

Yes- thanks- that would be a great start!

#6 9 years ago

I know 3 TSPP owners that Did exactly that

cracked plastic, bought the NOS set for Just that one plastic

Maybe Scan your plastic and create a decal and apply it top side to plexi - I Know not what you were looking to hear

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

This would be great. It could be pieced together from broken parts but a scan of a new one would be great. I bought most of a new set from someone, guess which ONE plastic was missing!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

- I Know not what you were looking to hear

?

I was just looking to find the replacement.... Hence the "wanted to buy" thread.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Good luck.... that one is broken there on almost every TSPP in existence it seems like. The plastic is really thin by that screw hole.... Literally "Stupid Flanders".
People used to buy the whole plastic set just for that piece and extra slings. The plastic sets are no longer being made, so it may be a challenge. A little super glue and putting a clear washer over that area and tightening it down on top of the plastic should last you the life of the machine.
Bump for your search.

Hey there, fellow "right side plastic broken at Flanders' stupid sexy knee" club members.

Nothing really to add other than if you're hoping for a replacement, be prepared to jump on a full set the second it comes up. Last couple I've seen here didn't last long, and it seems that most everyone really just needs that piece.

But thanks to ralphwiggum here - that clear washer on top idea sounds good. I have the broken off piece, but someone's prior attempt to glue didn't hold. The plastic now has a bit of a bow to it. I'm thinking a clear washer of some sort might just hold things down tighter. Gonna try to find something to do the trick.

Edit - VVVV thanks for the link. And an excuse to order things from pbl to boot. Win-win.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Hey there, fellow "right side plastic broken at Flanders' stupid sexy knee" club members.
Nother really to add other than if you're hoping for a replacement, be prepared to jump on a full set the second it comes up. Last couple I've seen here didn't last long, and it seems that most everyone really just needs that piece.
But thanks to ralphwiggum here - that clear washer on top idea sounds good. I have the broken off piece, but someone's prior attempt to glue didn't hold. The plastic now has a bit of a bow to it. I'm thinking a clear washer of some sort might just hold things down tighter. Gonna try to find something to do the trick.

Use the clear PETG washers that Pinballlife (or other vendors sell)..... they work great. People use them under plastics to protect them from breaking, but they work awesome in this particular application (on top of the plastic).

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=223

I have used them on 5 TSPP to date, and all have stood the test of time.

#11 9 years ago

Does anyone make a full set of plastic protectors for this game?

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Does anyone make a full set of plastic protectors for this game?

I'll be designing/machining some soon.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'll be designing/machining some soon.

Awesome! I'm hoping to pick one up soon. Will they be for sale?

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Awesome! I'm hoping to pick one up soon. Will they be for sale?

Yes

#15 9 years ago

I have the designs/tool-paths written for 7 more titles as well.

Hopefully I'll have these ready in the next month or so.

I'll bump TSPP to the front of the line.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-wtb-large-tspp-plastic-behind-is-hole and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.