(Topic ID: 260702)

Wanted: World Cup Soccer '94

By CrazyLevi

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#2 4 years ago

I got one. Cab’s great, until you show up and it actually has chips of paint gone and the corner of the head is borked.

Comes with a pin gulp though. And a piece of gum on the bottom.

#4 4 years ago

maybe it’s the same? It was 5 years ago, after all. God 5, really? Time flies.

Let’s see. WCS advertised on Pinside, WITH pictures. For $2,600. The game had “been gone through and worked great”. When I arrived to pick up the game in person, the pictures (and accompanying Pinside description of the game) had conveniently omitted the split corner of the head, the chip out of the paint below the coin door, the broken right sling plastic held together with scotch tape (tape applied quite well, as I didn’t even notice that until I got home!), and the largest plastic in the game missing. And yes, there was a piece of ancient gum stuck under the game, discovered upon set up at home.

Upon voicing displeasure with what I considered a very inadequate, if not misleading, description of the game, I was told with no concern or remorse “take it or leave it, the price is the price.” And something along the lines of “you don’t play the cabinet”.

I did buy the game, because my time is worth something and I really wanted a WCS, but yes, I was disappointed. More in the seller than the game. As I thought the seller had more integrity than that. A well known seller and hobbyist shouldn’t pull that shit. Since I was buying the game “as-is”, and it had a pin gulp on it at the time of pick up, I argued it should be included. And it was. Once the game was gone and the plastics situation was realized, yes, I complained again. And I got a plastic out of it.

I remember it because it’s the only negative experience I’ve ever had buying a pinball machine. In 10 years and about 20 machines. I don’t buy from the seller any more.

Friends of mine that know this tale laughed their asses off when they saw my original post. That was fun too.

Good luck with purchase!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-world-cup-soccer-94-1?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.