5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by TheFamilyArcade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 5 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Wanted

wanted

Wanted: World Cup Soccer '94

Added: January 27th, 2020 Ended: April 16th, 2020

Item description

Looking for a nice WCS '94 within a couple hours drive of NYC. Minor adjustments/issues fine but would prefer a nice, 100 percent working game. No projects. Needs to be in nice overall condition including the cab. Lemme know what you got and where!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

New York, NY, US

Seller insights

These are CrazyLevi's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to CrazyLevi's stats page

#2 5 months ago

I got one. Cab’s great, until you show up and it actually has chips of paint gone and the corner of the head is borked.

Comes with a pin gulp though. And a piece of gum on the bottom.

#3 5 months ago

Five years ago...

I’m talking FIVE YEARS AGO...

I sold this guy a WCS as is for $2500. He came, played it, and picked it up. A week later he whines about a 20-year old piece of GUM underneath the cabinet - you know, like 100 other old games I’ve owned - and a myriad of other small complaints. I gave him a couple plastics I had to help cheer him up, and yes a free $15 pin gulp, and all was good with the world.

Anyway...this couldn’t POSSIBLY be referring to that game, could it? After all this time, and after the beef was apparently settled to everyone’s satisfaction back when there were only two terrible terminator sequels instead of four?

If it is - which would absolutely boggle any sober person’s mind - I will make a good will offer to buy this offending machine back for the $2,500 I sold it for all those years ago, he doesn’t even have to clean off the gum. It’s the least I can do.

Let me know family arcade! I can likely pick it up the weekend following the Super Bowl.

#4 5 months ago

maybe it’s the same? It was 5 years ago, after all. God 5, really? Time flies.

Let’s see. WCS advertised on Pinside, WITH pictures. For $2,600. The game had “been gone through and worked great”. When I arrived to pick up the game in person, the pictures (and accompanying Pinside description of the game) had conveniently omitted the split corner of the head, the chip out of the paint below the coin door, the broken right sling plastic held together with scotch tape (tape applied quite well, as I didn’t even notice that until I got home!), and the largest plastic in the game missing. And yes, there was a piece of ancient gum stuck under the game, discovered upon set up at home.

Upon voicing displeasure with what I considered a very inadequate, if not misleading, description of the game, I was told with no concern or remorse “take it or leave it, the price is the price.” And something along the lines of “you don’t play the cabinet”.

I did buy the game, because my time is worth something and I really wanted a WCS, but yes, I was disappointed. More in the seller than the game. As I thought the seller had more integrity than that. A well known seller and hobbyist shouldn’t pull that shit. Since I was buying the game “as-is”, and it had a pin gulp on it at the time of pick up, I argued it should be included. And it was. Once the game was gone and the plastics situation was realized, yes, I complained again. And I got a plastic out of it.

I remember it because it’s the only negative experience I’ve ever had buying a pinball machine. In 10 years and about 20 machines. I don’t buy from the seller any more.

Friends of mine that know this tale laughed their asses off when they saw my original post. That was fun too.

Good luck with purchase!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside