By Otaku

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Other items - wanted

Wanted: Williams System 3-7 board testing/repair

Added: 2016-01-09 04:51:46 UTC • Ended: March 11th, 2016

Price

Wanted

Hi all. I'm 17 years old and I've been in the hobby since September of 2014, interested in it by myself with no other influences besides my own. Using the money I had I bought games that I could afford and fell in love with them and although they're not the prettiest or the best working (or weren't. I learned to fix my things to get them cheaper! I have 7 great arcade machines and 5 B-C level pinball machines and my total spent for all of it isn't over $1,200~) even to this day I wouldn't have it any other way nor would I want to get rid of them.

I own two Williams pinball machines, a Flash and a World Cup. I can fix everything else myself but board repair is not my forte.

I brought the World Cup to the York show planning on buying boards to fix it, and I did, and after I purchased the boards on closer inspection they appeared worse than the ones that had been sitting in the machine for decades and although they were said to "work", they did not. First I bought the MPU, then the driver board, then I was told I should buy a power supply from them which is when I finally stopped myself. Wish I never would have spent that money, I paid something like over $200 and the boards turned out to be junk or at least not up to my standards. I spent half of my time at the show trying to get them to work and it never got going. My Flash is also dead and after nearly a year of tinkering I just want it done with and I DO NOT want to be the one to do it at this point, lol.

I can't afford the Rottendog boards (I don't have a "pinball budget" like most or a budget that I can use and say "ugh, I have to pay a little extra", I have a bank account with a set amount of money that when it's gone it's physically gone) and I'd rather roll with the original hardware anyways. 4/5 pinball machines are down now and have been for a while and I'm tired of it, I love this hobby dearly and they've been sitting like this for months and I don't want it to push me away from it. I've been playing one pinball machine for a few months now (my Domino wedgehead EM) and love it so much and I really don't get to enjoy the rest of my machines, the Flash I've never even played before and I bought that in May of 2015 and just looking at it makes it one of my favorites.

Here's what I have:

- MPU boards (3), one from Flash, one from World Cup, one bought
    - Driver boards (3), one from Flash, one from World Cup, one bought
    - Power supplies (2), one from Flash, one from World Cup

I put a cap-kit on the Flash power supply and something else died on it I think. World Cup power supply has original caps but surprisingly seemed to be putting on the right voltages, York show guy suggested under load it might not be cutting it and I should buy a new one. Cap kit should suffice. Flash MPU board was visually inspected by a friend in the hobby and he said it looked fine, reflowed bad looking solder on Flash MPU board and Flash driver board.

I want to pay to have them all fixed and I guess just keep the rest as spares but my budget isn't as big as others so I'm looking for somebody here or somebody online who can do this without a hefty price. A lot of them should even be working so it won't even require fixing those but I do need somebody who can test them to make sure because with all of the possible combinations and that pesky interconnect it's hard to tell what is or isn't working.

Let me know if you can help me out. I'm not talking like a $15 repair job but I'm not talking about a $500 repair job either. Let me know if you can help me out. Thanks!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Otaku's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Otaku's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Union, NJ, US

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-williams-system-3-7-board-testingrepair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.