Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Manimal
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: Whirlwind

Added: 2019-10-22 15:44:40 UTC • Ended: November 13th, 2019

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

Wanted

Item description

Looking for a Williams Whirlwind in the Chicagoland area. Willing to drive a few hours for it. Don't mind players condition as I can shop and LED myself. Willing to pay Pinside value. Thanks!

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are longwetsocks's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to longwetsocks's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Oak Forest, IL, US

#2 4 years ago

GL with your search. Only have a populated pf otherwise I'd be your huckleberry.

#3 4 years ago

Ship mine and shop the whole thing out with all new parts

#4 4 years ago

There were two different Whirlwinds at Chicago Expo for sale. One was listed at $3200. I think other was a bit more expensive but nicer. Perhaps belonged to Pugsley .

#5 4 years ago

Bump. Who's got one?

#6 4 years ago

Just to give you a free bump, I have one, but it is a 100% top to bottom restoration that would be in the Elvira LE range if I were inclined to sell. Great pin, and I love seeing guys restore these back to like new. There is just something about the theme and layout that does it for me, and if Shacklersrevenge was anywhere within driving distance from me, I would have already driven there to negotiate another project.......Hope you find one.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Just to give you a free bump, I have one, but it is a 100% top to bottom restoration that would be in the Elvira LE range if I were inclined to sell. Great pin, and I love seeing guys restore these back to like new. There is just something about the theme and layout that does it for me, and if Shacklersrevenge was anywhere within driving distance from me, I would have already driven there to negotiate another project.......Hope you find one.

9k for a whirlwind??????

#8 4 years ago

Funny when its a HEP game no one cries about price....
Yes, I am aware of his work.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Funny when its a HEP game no one cries about price....
Yes, I am aware of his work.

Because heps work is a known qty. Its also known gis earlier work was not as thorough, per him. When its done by an unknown you don't know what they did or if its done well.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

9k for a whirlwind??????

Yup...brand new cab, new playfield (both professionally cleared), New Displays, New topper and motor, all new coils and mechs, new ramps, new sound, new chrome, new legs, updated ROMs, cliffy's, translite, re-worked boards, etc....I think you get the picture.....every piece was replaced or restored to as good as new or better. HEP does some fantastic work, but I would put this one up there as an equal.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Yup...brand new cab, new playfield (both professionally cleared), New Displays, New topper and motor, all new coils and mechs, new ramps, new sound, new chrome, new legs, updated ROMs, cliffy's, translite, re-worked boards, etc....I think you get the picture.....every piece was replaced or restored to as good as new or better. HEP does some fantastic work, but I would put this one up there as an equal.

Problem with this statement there is a brand behind HEP. Apple. YETI. HEP. These are names that people pay more for, whether that's right or wrong.

Anyway. Good luck on the hunt OP!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Problem with this statement there is a brand behind HEP. Apple. YETI. HEP. These are names that people pay more for, whether that's right or wrong.
Anyway. Good luck on the hunt OP!

Sure, wont argue that, but easy to judge quality first hand as well, and that is how I like to do business. I have seen some restorations that were of fantastic quality, and many that were not. There are only so many things you can restore, replace, or fix., so I would stand by my comment. (If we keep the conversation up, the OP gets bumps lol)

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-whirlwind-31?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.