(Topic ID: 158321)

Wanted wh20 topper

By Zukboy2002

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - wanted

Wanted wh20 topper

Added: 2016-04-25 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (August 26th, 2016) • Ended: January 17th, 2017

Price

Wanted

I'm needing a wh20 topper.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Zukboy2002's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Zukboy2002's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Houma, LA, US

#2 7 years ago

You and a lot of other people. What are you you willing to pay? That could open up some avenues for you if the price is rite.

#3 7 years ago

^Yup. Might want to put a price you are willing to pay and you will get some bites. (Seems to be about 600+ at the moment will turn one up)

#4 7 years ago

Funny thing. Two years ago I picked one up for $50 as Allentown turd hurd.. The new ones were announced and I got $250 for it on eBay... If I held it till now it would easy get $600-800

#5 7 years ago

If you have an original Waterfall Topper, then you can use my decal to fix yours!
http://treasurecovepinball.com/Library/decals/white-water/white-water.htm

just clean your original using Windex / Bleech-Wite. Note: 95% of the time all of your original graphics will come off when you clean it. But, the embossed waterfall will NOT come off ... so that's ok. (Do NOT try and fix the small bump/wrinkle in the embossed waterfall, ... leave it alone.)

Buy my decal with the waterfall cut-out. Install using wet method by spraying back of decal and waterfall with ... (quart spray bottle, 1 tblspn dove (or johnsons baby shampoo), and 1 tblspn of isopropyl alcohol.... fill rest of bottle with water.)

carefully position decal on waterfall, use a cloth/rag to lightly press into position, then let dry.

hope this helps ..

Allen

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from treasurecove:

If you have an original Waterfall Topper, then you can use my decal to fix yours!
just clean your original using Windex / Bleech-Wite. Note: 95% of the time all of your original graphics will come off when you clean it. But, the embossed waterfall will NOT come off ... so that's ok. (Do NOT try and fix the small bump/wrinkle in the embossed waterfall, ... leave it alone.)
Buy my decal with the waterfall cut-out. Install using wet method by spraying back of decal and waterfall with ... (quart spray bottle, 1 tblspn dove (or johnsons baby shampoo), and 1 tblspn of isopropyl alcohol.... fill rest of bottle with water.)
carefully position decal on waterfall, use a cloth/rag to lightly press into position, then let dry.
hope this helps ..
Allen

Man I have been tempted to try this, but I am absolutely HORRIBLE with decals. (All those model car kits I built as a kid are a testament to this)

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from treasurecove:

hope this helps ..
Allen

I used one of these decals and it worked beautiful. Would recommend this to anybody with a faded waterfall.

#8 7 years ago

Mine is completly missing. Not sure what I want to spend yet. I see that Marco sells the clear tub and white panel that the sticker is on but no sticker. Is there something special with the waterfall part of it?

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Is there something special with the waterfall part of it?

Yeah. It's a foil that reflects light and it seems is impossible to reproduce for some reason. I think someone did and it was awfull etc

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah. It's a foil that reflects light and it seems is impossible to reproduce for some reason. I think someone did and it was awfull etc

Twisted Pins tried to do a repro, but the initial batch turned out terrible (from what I have read). They were supposed to have another version, but that was a year or longer ago and it's been nothing but crickets from Twisted Pins. Here is the thread about it if interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-whitewater-foil-topper-decal-reproduction

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Mine is completly missing. Not sure what I want to spend yet. I see that Marco sells the clear tub and white panel that the sticker is on but no sticker. Is there something special with the waterfall part of it?

You can get the decal from Treasure Cove but you won't have the flowing water effect. It is better than nothing up there.

#12 7 years ago

I'm thinking about buying a WH20 and know the topper is key, I found this summation fairly interesting although a little old:

https://creditdotpinball.com/2014/05/22/mods-foiled-again-the-white-water-topper-reproduction/

There is also a thread about Laseriffic working with some others on a modern take on the topper: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ideas-for-white-water-topper I sure hope they are successful as this appears to be one of the hardest things to reproduce ever.

#13 7 years ago

D'OH! Duplicate post!

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Check out why it's so hard to reproduce:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announce-whitewater-foil-topper-decal-reproduction/page/16#post-3033973

#15 7 years ago

Sitting around the room here are the components I never got to, and maybe someone else will be inspired,

I bought a moving waterfall picture off of Ebay for $15. It was from the 70's, German, and in a wood box.
Others are plastic, some with music, others are in Beer signs.
I was either going to try to fit one in the cutout decal, or make my own.
Some have 2-3 moving waterfalls.
With some of the new lighting we have coming, I can something quite Grand in my mind!

It stares at me and taunts me to complete....maybe soon in retirement, or maybe this might interest someone else to try.

#16 7 years ago

My buddy was looking for one for months

I contacted a good buddy / collector

He parted with a NOS topper (just the artwork and foil falls)

And was happy to pay 800$ !!

Good luck on your quest

#17 7 years ago

I have an original WWH2O topper I took off my game while doing a restore. Replaced it with an NOS waterfall decal and backboard. My original is available. If you want it, make me a real offer. PM me and I can send you pics. Nice shape. Has typical bubbling and a small crease in it, but still looks good and waterfall foil effect looks great.

Thanks
Dougram69

#18 7 years ago

I am looking for an original topper also and willing to pay $300-$350 for a working waterfall decal. In the meantime I may just buy a reproduction without the waterfall effect. Way cheaper for now until someone can reproduce a working one and sell it for a normal non ridiculous price. There is some new hope. There's a hint at the bottom of the following thread and a YouTube video showing the material he may use to create the waterfall effect but who knows how long it may take.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translites-next-titles-wh2o-and-afm

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from jk:

I am looking for an original topper also and willing to pay $300-$350 for a working waterfall decal. In the meantime I may just buy a reproduction without the waterfall effect. Way cheaper for now until someone can reproduce a working one and sell it for a normal non ridiculous price. There is some new hope. There's a hint at the bottom of the following thread and a YouTube video showing the material he may use to create the waterfall effect but who knows how long it may take.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-translites-next-titles-wh2o-and-afm

In all seriousness, you will need to double that most likely to get one to turn up. Best of luck to you in the hunt!

#20 7 years ago

$800 for a topper?! Seems about right

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-wh20-topper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.