• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4237 (resized).jpeg
224622B0-3E1A-4A88-9F7E-FE79A575F348.gif
MTG.jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 months ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Game - wanted

Wanted: Venom (Premium) TRADE for Entire MTG Collection

Added: 2024-02-20 15:23:52 UTC

#2 4 months ago

Should have gone with Beanie Babies. Way easier to trade those for a pin.

#3 4 months ago

I don't think we need 6 instances of this thread for 6 different games

#4 4 months ago
Quoted from Collin:

He knows what he’s got.

224622B0-3E1A-4A88-9F7E-FE79A575F348.gif224622B0-3E1A-4A88-9F7E-FE79A575F348.gif
#5 4 months ago

My advice is to sell off your sorcery cards then use the money to purchase a pin

#6 4 months ago

I suggest you man up and list/sell these cards yourself, or whoesale them to a dealer. This trade will never happen in a million years.

#7 4 months ago
Quoted from Collin:

Only 8 more listings to go!

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Should have gone with Beanie Babies. Way easier to trade those for a pin.

My Princess Di beanie doesn't have the errors on it unfortunately

#9 4 months ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I suggest you man up and list/sell these cards yourself, or whoesale them to a dealer. This trade will never happen in a million years.

You say a million years but I've already had interest in this trade, so to assume that no one out there finds value in MTG cards is a bit daft.

Regardless, I would sell them myself, but it would take more legwork than I currently have time to do to sell them all individually. I'm willing to take a hit on the value to trade these straight up to someone. Ideally they would be an actual Magic player and want a good majority of these cards for their own collection/to play with, and then can either sell a chunk of them off for a return or hold onto them and let appreciate in value.

I'm not really sure why these postings irk some of you so badly. They drop off the front page in all of about 5 minutes from initial post. I do appreciate all the bumps though!

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

Regardless, I would sell them myself, but it would take more legwork than I currently have time to do to sell them all individually.

You'll already be taking whatever the market is willing to offer- it wont be the 13k neat and tidy, someone would need to buy these for part and then re-sell. This already takes off the value, just the machines you are posting about are around 9k, who is buying this wholesale for that? You'd take another value hit since someone will need to re-capitalize after "investing" in this.

So it does seem like you are putting forth only as much effort for more ads, rather than helping a complex, nearly impossible transaction off. Someone may offer a 6kish williams DMD title, and I just don't want you to laugh that person off the internet.

#11 4 months ago

I would consider just selling the higher end cards and using that money towards a machine. You don't have that many expensive cards, and the smaller ones wouldn't sell near their value to a store or as a collection sale.

I can't believe Ancient Tombs are 250, a freaking uncommon from Tempest.

#12 4 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

You'll already be taking whatever the market is willing to offer- it wont be the 13k neat and tidy, someone would need to buy these for part and then re-sell. This already takes off the value, just the machines you are posting about are around 9k, who is buying this wholesale for that? You'd take another value hit since someone will need to re-capitalize after "investing" in this.
So it does seem like you are putting forth only as much effort for more ads, rather than helping a complex, nearly impossible transaction off. Someone may offer a 6kish williams DMD title, and I just don't want you to laugh that person off the internet.

The problem with this trade is he's too close to hypothetical market value for anyone to want to take a chance. He doesn't want to do the work to capture their full value but expects someone else to take the risk to do so?

It's a plethora of cards...not just one or two items. It's a lot of leg work. OP already doesn't want to do it. Why should someone else take this gamble for so little reward?

Be best to consider what others are proposing and listen to the room instead of sending downvotes. Sell off the majors and come up with the rest of the money to buy your desired pin. Or come way down on your proposed asking trade realizing anyone looking to capitalize has to invest the time and effort to do so that you yourself are unwilling to do.

If their value was $13k and the cards coveted, you should be able to go to a MtG forum and move them pretty easily for $9k yourself so why aren't you? My guess is it isn't that simple other than taking on the slow grind. This trade makes no sense but I guess good luck.

#13 4 months ago

Sold my magic cards on ebay and made a killing, put it towards a DI.

#14 4 months ago

I'll admit I looked at the collection to see if the 5 mox and a lotus were in there...but no.

I sold my collection long ago and just play pre-constructed commander sets with the posse now anyways.

But more power to you - someone might actually go for it!

#15 4 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

The problem with this trade is he's too close to hypothetical market value for anyone to want to take a chance. He doesn't want to do the work to capture their full value but expects someone else to take the risk to do so?
It's a plethora of cards...not just one or two items. It's a lot of leg work. OP already doesn't want to do it. Why should someone else take this gamble for so little reward?
Be best to consider what others are proposing and listen to the room instead of sending downvotes. Sell off the majors and come up with the rest of the money to buy your desired pin. Or come way down on your proposed asking trade realizing anyone looking to capitalize has to invest the time and effort to do so that you yourself are unwilling to do.
If their value was $13k and the cards coveted, you should be able to go to a MTG forum and move them pretty easily for $9k yourself so why aren't you? My guess is it isn't that simple other than taking on the slow grind. This trade makes no sense but I guess good luck.

I get where you guys are coming from and I suppose without trying to sound like a broken record I'm floating this deal out there in the hopes of finding a particular person: An actual PLAYER of magic the gathering who would take this collection, keep a large chunk of the cards to play with, build decks, etc, and then they can either sell particular individual cards to offset costs or just hold onto the other part of the collection to let accumulate in value (which it almost assuredly is going to, and already has since making these listings).

I'm not foaming at the mouth for a new machine so it's not like I need to offload these cards ASAP. I've had many of these cards for the better part of my life and I'm honestly A-OK with keeping them. However, I figured if I could find that (apparently) "unicorn" person who meets the previously stated criteria, that this is actually a really solid, net positive, deal for them.

Again, if you don't have interest in MTG, then no, this is probably not the right deal for you. If your only intent would be to get this collection and immediately turn around and try to sell every single card then yeah, you're either going to be listing them all individually and it's going to take a hot minute and probably too many trips to the mailbox with the red flag up, or you're going to (as people have previously stated) sell them to a wholesaler at a huge loss... This trade absolutely does not make sense for that person.

But just because it doesn't make sense for that person, doesn't mean it's NOT a good trade. It just needs to find it's person. And for that person, I'm the one getting the "worse" end of it, by far. My current life situation does not leave me in a position where I can currently go out and list and sell every single one of my cards individually and do all of that leg work. If it did, I would do as people suggest and just "sell them myself". I'm also not expecting someone else to go out and do the same thing as others are suggesting. If that's what you're thinking you would "have to do" then again, this is not the trade for you. It's a trade for a MTG player.

Lastly, many of the machines I listed's premiums are going for mid $7k-8k range (I'm not looking for brand new machines). So I do absolutely think that taking a $5000 - $6000 loss on this trade is beneficial to the person receiving it.

Alas, this explanation will not be wasted as I will most likely have to copy and paste it to another thread in the future. But there it is

#16 4 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I'll admit I looked at the collection to see if the 5 mox and a lotus were in there...but no.
I sold my collection long ago and just play pre-constructed commander sets with the posse now anyways.
But more power to you - someone might actually go for it!

If I had 5 mox and a lotus I'd be asking for someone's entire pinball collection, not trying to trade them my MTG collection LOL

#17 4 months ago
Quoted from Jblock22:

I get where you guys are coming from and I suppose without trying to sound like a broken record I'm floating this deal out there in the hopes of finding a particular person: An actual PLAYER of magic the gathering who would take this collection, keep a large chunk of the cards to play with, build decks, etc, and then they can eithl particular individual cards to offset costs or just hold onto the other part of the collection to let accumulate in value (which it almost assuredly is going to, and already has since making these listings).
I'm not foaming at the mouth for a new machine so it's not like I need to offload these cards ASAP. I've had many of these cards for the better part of my life and I'm honestly A-OK with keeping them. However, I figured if I could find that (apparently) "unicorn" person who meets the previously stated criteria, that this is actually a really solid, net positive, deal for them.
Again, if you don't have interest in MTG, then no, this is probably not the right deal for you. If your only intent would be to get this collection and immediately turn around and try to sell every single card then yeah, you're either going to be listing them all individually and it's going to take a hot minute and probably too many trips to the mailbox with the red flag up, or you're going to (as people have previously stated) sell them to a wholesaler at a huge loss... This trade absolutely does not make sense for that person.
But just because it doesn't make sense for that person, doesn't mean it's NOT a good trade. It just needs to find it's person. And for that person, I'm the one getting the "worse" end of it, by far. My current life situation does not leave me in a position where I can currently go out and list and sell every single one of my cards individually and do all of that leg work. If it did, I would do as people suggest and just "sell them myself". I'm also not expecting someone else to go out and do the same thing as others are suggesting. If that's what you're thinking you would "have to do" then again, this is not the trade for you. It's a trade for a MTG player.
Lastly, many of the machines I listed's premiums are going for mid $7k-8k range (I'm not looking for brand new machines). So I do absolutely think that taking a $6000 - $7000 loss on this trade is beneficial to the person receiving it.
Alas, this explanation will not be wasted as I will most likely have to copy and paste it to another thread in the future. But there it is

I'm just coming in as someone that buys larger lots to piece out for a profit in general. Or if it's a hobby I'm into, I'll buy a lot to sell off the pieces I don't want in order to acquire more for less, just as you suggested. I wish you luck, but I think it's a difficult trade no matter how hard you slice it. I've typically been the guy on the other end taking on "project lots" for the betterment of my own interests, whether it be physical cash profit or goods within the trade and tiering it down. But...it takes time...and lots of work. Being able to take on that work typically works vastly in my favor when willing to do so. It isn't necessarily isolated to any one particular hobby or collection, but pretty much just how that circle works.

Albeit not within MtG cards, I've done the same moving from one hobby into pinball by releasing parts of my other collections into the wild. However, I just did the work and took my time doing so to best capitalize for myself. Whether you end up doing the work yourself or find someone willing to work a fast lot trade, I wish you luck on it and moving some of that funding into pinball.

Funny story, but I had a buddy who had a whole booklet full of Alpha and Beta's. This was some 20+ years ago. They lived on the floorboards of one of our other buddy's car for a while. They were already worth "a little" money then, but nowhere near what they are now. Well, those guys partied like rockstars and whether they were drunk or stoned to the bejeezus the booklet ended up with a whole Liter of soda spilled on them on the floor of that car at some point and totally worthless. That's my MtG story other than my handful of booster packs from my childhood that I just gave away about 15 years ago.

#18 4 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

I'm just coming in as someone that buys larger lots to piece out for a profit in general. Or if it's a hobby I'm into, I'll buy a lot to sell off the pieces I don't want in order to acquire more for less, just as you suggested. I wish you luck, but I think it's a difficult trade no matter how hard you slice it. I've typically been the guy on the other end taking on "project lots" for the betterment of my own interests, whether it be physical cash profit or goods within the trade and tiering it down. But...it takes time...and lots of work. Being able to take on that work typically works vastly in my favor when willing to do so. It isn't necessarily isolated to any one particular hobby or collection, but pretty much just how that circle works.
Albeit not within MtG cards, I've done the same moving from one hobby into pinball by releasing parts of my other collections into the wild. However, I just did the work and took my time doing so to best capitalize for myself. Whether you end up doing the work yourself or find someone willing to work a fast lot trade, I wish you luck on it and moving some of that funding into pinball.

Thanks man, totally get it. Like I stated if I was at a point in my life where I had the free time to part out and sell the collection individually I would just do it (although I do have sentimental value to these cards and I feel like doing that might be death by 1000 cuts lol, would probably just be easier to rip the bandaid). Don't mean to be pissing people off with these posts but I exponentially increase the odds of my trade offer being seen if it actively lives in the marketplace of the machine(s) I'm looking for, so until Pinside allows you to create one "wanted" listing that you can tie to multiple machines, this is my best way of getting visibility.

If the ads all expire and nothing comes of it then I'll just sit on it for 6 months and post again when the collection has most likely gone up several hundred more dollars.

But I do appreciate it. Got my first pin in October and, as everyone stated, it's a vicious bug that wants to spread lol. However I'm not quite well-off enough financially to just be plunking down on multiple pins so figured I could float this trade out there and if something comes of it, then great! If not, I'm not out anything.

#19 4 months ago
IMG_4237 (resized).jpegIMG_4237 (resized).jpeg
#20 4 months ago

I have had trouble trading pinballs for a Corvette, which I would consider a much more simple trade. I have a big list of A tier games, and typically that's the way to go (pins for items, not the other way around).

I have had a few inquiries, but nothing that has worked out. I will likely have to sell the games first and then buy the vehicle.

I wish you well.

#21 4 months ago

Hey I mean as long as you understand bartering and it does look like OP does and is willing to deal- this worked for thousands of years so why not. I just see posts sometimes where it does look like they are hoping the rare "some sheik walked in and started pointing at things and they just paid whatever"

The most easy pinball barter seems to be motorcycles, lots of crossover there it seems or value ranges are easier to compare one single item to another..

#22 4 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

Hey I mean as long as you understand bartering and it does look like OP does and is willing to deal- this worked for thousands of years so why not. I just see posts sometimes where it does look like they are hoping the rare "some sheik walked in and started pointing at things and they just paid whatever"
The most easy pinball barter seems to be motorcycles, lots of crossover there it seems or value ranges are easier to compare one single item to another..

Yeah I'm totally willing to wheel and deal and is also why I have "throw me an offer". I'm willing to barter and come up with something that seems fair to both parties. I'm also fine with waiting until that "right person" comes along that meets the criteria I mentioned before (a MTG player that is also a Pinball player and may have a machine taking up room that they're looking to get rid of or want to make space and would also like a great deal on a lot of MTG cards). It's not a majority of people (else it would have already happened, lol) but I know there has to be one out there! It's just finding the right person at the right time is all hah. Again, I'm in no hurry so no harm no foul.

#23 4 months ago

I have financed all my pinball due to MtG, so it is certainly do-able. I just shopped around for a good LGS though. Way easier with time etc.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.