Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by rufessor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2489 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2261 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

Hi all

Trying to figure out if I can find about 56 pinballs for an art/game project my daughter came up with. I am willing to pay shipping but probably only for larger numbers- This is supposed to be a cheap project for a 7 yr old so its not going to work out to ship ones and two... so heres asking.

Do you have a significant number of relatively shiny pinballs- she wants them for her project because they are shiny (of course)-

If your curious- we want to make a mancala game with pinballs. We will build a board if we get enough balls and the board will be the art part of the project. Anyhow

PM if your Box of old pinballs is heavy and mostly not rusty- we will polish them up and repurpose.

Thanks

#2 7 years ago

Shipping to where?

#3 7 years ago

Sorry- I am in Salt Lake City, UT. USA

Happy to pay shipping from the US- not willing to pay shipping internationally

Thanks to any and all who looked for old pinballs! Was thinking its probably better my daughter came up with this project- when i was young my project would have involved a sling shot and....

#4 7 years ago

PM sent

#5 7 years ago

Looking like there will be no problem finding a bunch of old pinballs

I will post back here if I end up falling short of the number we need from the people who all ready PM. Else- no need for further response.

Thanks for the support!

Much appreciated

#6 7 years ago

Good luck! Post pictures later, sounds like a neato project!

3 weeks later
    #7 7 years ago

Were almost there- up to about 50+ balls and awaiting the shipment when we hit 60-

Indeed I will post back when we get it going. Now that this is real and pinballs will be here soon I am trying to figure out how big this board is going to need to be- each bowl or whatever they are called- will need to hold up to ~10 pinballs... it will be a Mancala board of unusual size for sure!

#8 7 years ago

For a second there I thought you were talking about "machines"

I was going to say "yeah, you and me both, buddy"

Glad you found the HG. Was it Dan's? Or was it another one? I think there might have been two for sale here.

#9 7 years ago

I am not sure I know- RE which globetrotter- don't know Dan but not ringing a bell and if he is a pinhead- I did not get his! Was in a home for years- decent shape- dirty etc but pretty nice game.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

I am not sure I know- RE which globetrotter- don't know Dan but not ringing a bell and if he is a pinhead- I did not get his! Was in a home for years- decent shape- dirty etc but pretty nice game.

Dan Newman (head of the Salt Lake Area Pinballers league) just sold his to a pinsider... it just seems kind of weird that there were two of that game selling on the same day.

#11 7 years ago

Good luck with your creative art project.

Make a pyramid out of the balls when she is done with a simple propane welding torch and metal solder, if you are handy.
    Alternatively you can drill out the centers with a press and jig to hold the balls, and use small wood/metal dowels or heavy solid wire (such as coat hanger wire snipped and epoxy) to hold it together.
    This is a bit more work.
    You will need some titanium bits to successfully drill, however.
    She will be able to display your gift with pride to her friends, or make a paperweight for your own desk.

#12 7 years ago

If you need some more put a post here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-utah-salt-lake-city-pinball-gatherings/page/6#post-3578088
    Our first spring league meeting is on thursday at nickelmania and im sure a few of us can bring some with us. I probably have at least a dozen or so.

#13 7 years ago

i probably could have sent you all 56. I have a whole can of them. not sure how many are in there, but some are pitted, rusty, or just older. WIth one rate shipping, could be pretty cheap to ship.

2 months later
    #14 7 years ago

Thanks all- got what I needed and were pretty much done with the project. Need to finish sand our game and stain and finish the wood but were playing pinball mancala- its actually pretty fun.

Thanks!

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

Trying to figure out if I can find about 56 pinballs for an art/game project my daughter came up with.

When I first (mis-)read this I thought you are looking to buy 56 pinball machines! LOL!

Curious to see pictures of the finished project.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from waveman:

When I first (mis-)read this I thought you are looking to buy 56 pinball machines! LOL!
    Curious to see pictures of the finished project.

Same. I had to read the thread to see how he was going to do it!

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

Thanks all- got what I needed and were pretty much done with the project. Need to finish sand our game and stain and finish the wood but were playing pinball mancala- its actually pretty fun.

Pics or it didn't happen.
    Bonus points to a Utube video.

#18 7 years ago

IMG_2261 (resized).JPGIMG_2261 (resized).JPG

IMG_2489 (resized).JPGIMG_2489 (resized).JPG

#19 7 years ago

Balls were tumbled and at this point we had 53 shiny-

Pic of board is rough chainsaw shape with no sanding or finish work. Its a lot better now- was hand routed so holes are more or less identical but it has character...

Will grab a more recent pic to show it after sanding and some shaping and then final when we get around to staining it. Its being played now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-unwanted-pinballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.