You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15556305135816427784447840059650 (resized).jpg
15556303607683646576385217426275 (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (1) (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Looking for the two piece plastic that sits behind the drink cup targets (under the yellow ramp) on a DE Simpsons. Pic attached of it circled! (Not my machine pictured) Thanks for any leads. Would also be happy with just the bottom piece that lies flat.

This is proving somewhat difficult to track down.

maxresdefault (1) (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (1) (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Morning bump.

#3 5 years ago

‘Nother bump

4 weeks later
#4 5 years ago

Have you had any luck in your search? I'm searching for the same two pieces. My conclusions are 1. these parts are not available to buy new, and 2. most of these machines have broken Kwik-E-Marts so even finding a full machine for sale with the plastic intact is a major challenge. The clear piece appears to be something that could (easily?) be made DIY after a trip to Hobby Lobby...which I intend to at least attempt. The Kwik-E-Mart piece, though, would be more challenging to DIY. I'll let you know if I find a workable solution.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from BW78:

Have you had any luck in your search? I'm searching for the same two pieces. My conclusions are 1. these parts are not available to buy new, and 2. most of these machines have broken Kwik-E-Marts so even finding a full machine for sale with the plastic intact is a major challenge. The clear piece appears to be something that could (easily?) be made DIY after a trip to Hobby Lobby...which I intend to at least attempt. The Kwik-E-Mart piece, though, would be more challenging to DIY. I'll let you know if I find a workable solution.

Never had any luck. Agree think a lot of them are broken and no one's parting out the machines right now.

The problem i was working with is that I didn't have the plastic at all. I did finally track down a broken one from someone and am currently making a replacement. First time ever making a replacement plastic so it's been slow going as I learn. My kwik-e-mart piece is perfect (And that clear piece that sits next to it) so I only have to do the big Santa's Little Helper and Snowball II piece.

I think this will be totally adequate until that magical day i stumble on a perfect NOS one somewhere. Our only option for now.

3 months later
#6 5 years ago

How did you make out with this? I need to go down the same road.

1 month later
#7 4 years ago

mrpilkington polyacanthus Sorry for the radio silence on this thread. Been busy with my other project: StupidPinball.com ----- I was able to DIY repro the red Snowball/Santa's little helper plastic. I cut out the lexan, scanned my original piece and touched up the scratches/marks in Photoshop, reverse printed on clear adhesive vinyl, then attached to the underside of the lexan. The inkjet printer on vinyl results in the red being a little more "washed out" than the original piece, plus, you can see the inkjet lines. I notice it, and it bothers me, but nobody else notices until I point it out (which I should really stop doing, honestly!) Red GI LEDs would help "minimize" the wash out. I think a thermal color printer onto vinyl would be a better medium, but I don't have easy access to one of those. I do have easy access to an inkjet to vinyl rig...so path of least resistance (and cheapest!) is my go-to strategy on this first DIY attempt. Plus, it's for my own collection so I'm not as worried about it. If I were to ever sell it (unlikely) I'd probably look into doing another with a thermal color printer. Not too worried about it at this point.

I still need to do the Kwik-E-Mart piece...which is why I started this DIY repro plastic project in the first place! Plan to do that piece with the same technique as I did the red piece.

Let me know if you want me to whip up another red piece and send to you (either/both of you). Again, it's not perfect, but an huge improvement over a busted up/cracked/missing plastic.

Let me know.

~Brian

15556303607683646576385217426275 (resized).jpg15556303607683646576385217426275 (resized).jpg15556305135816427784447840059650 (resized).jpg15556305135816427784447840059650 (resized).jpg
#8 4 years ago

Turned out great! Mine is busted up, glued back together, artwork melted from the glue, and missing bits, so this would be a huge improvement. If I could even just get the art file that would be great, maybe I could try to airbrush directly on the lexan.

If you ever get a chance with the glass off, pics and a traced outline of the center plastic would be amazing. Mine is completely missing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wanted-two-piece-plastic-from-de-simpsons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.